Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2015/16 Hot Stove
If the Dodgers do not fill the gap in their rotation left by Greinke's departure....then they have some big concerns about their pitching going forward.
Thanks given by:
Has Cueto signed? If not, I'd guess Dodgers won't let him slip away after losing Greinke
Thanks given by:
Without looking, can you name a diamondback who is not named Greinke or Goldschmidt?

(perhaps you can, but its a lot harder than it should be)
Thanks given by:
Actually only one guy and not sure if he is still a DBack, Arron Hill former Jay, Grin
Tomorrow Is Going To Be A Great Day!!
Thanks given by:
Insane deal for Grenkie wow
Thanks given by:
The Cubs filled a hole in the rotation Friday, agreeing to a two-year, $32 million contract with free-agent right-hander John Lackey. The contract will be finalized pending a physical.

FOXSports.com first reported the deal. The club would not confirm.
Thanks given by:
Sure didn't expect Greinke to go to AZ. Huge pickup for them. And yeah Rye, there are really no recognizable names on that roster beyond those two. And even Goldschmidt is a relatively recent household name.
Thanks given by:
I really hope the Jason Heyward to Angels rumour is true. Imagine an outfield of Calhoun- Trout - Heyward?!

Thanks given by:
Samardzija to Giants. 5 year 90mill deal.

Thanks given by:
I was hoping the Jays would grab him
Thanks given by:
Ugh, the Dodgers are getting shut out on the top arms. I want some action lol.
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-05, 01:30 PM)SAMCRO Wrote: I was hoping the Jays would grab him

Jays won't be in on any big name...or even medium name...pitchers.   if anything, they will go dumpster diving and find depth pickups to compete with Chavez for 5th spot.

Stro, estrada, dickey, and happ are locked as the top 4
Thanks given by:
A's sign Madson....

I actually did want the jays to go after him.

O'day staying in Baltimore....Bautista likes that Happy
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-05, 04:21 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 01:30 PM)SAMCRO Wrote: I was hoping the Jays would grab him

Jays won't be in on any big name...or even medium name...pitchers.   if anything, they will go dumpster diving and find depth pickups to compete with Chavez for 5th spot.

Stro, estrada, dickey, and happ are locked as the top 4

That's kind of scary
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-06, 12:15 PM)Chris D Wrote: A's sign Madson....

I actually did want the jays to go after him.

O'day staying in Baltimore....Bautista likes that Happy

According MLB O'Day is denying this!

Thanks given by:
Royals, Athletics Talking With Scott Kazmir

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/ro...azmir.html

By Charlie Wilmoth | December 6, 2015 at 6:35pm CST

6:32pm: The Athletics are also in the hunt for the free agent southpaw, he tells Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. There are numerous other teams still in the mix, though, she adds.

Oakland knows Kazmir as well as any team, of course. He spent all of 2014 and most of 2015 with the club after signing there as a free agent, and delivered plenty of value on his contract.

3:35pm: The Royals are in pursuit of free agent lefty Scott Kazmir, ESPN’s Buster Olney tweets. The Dodgers are also interested, as Olney notes (and as FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal also noted earlier this weekend). The Royals appear close to re-signing another starter, Chris Young, but it doesn’t appear that will keep them from searching for more pitching help.

Kazmir would, of course, immediately upgrade a Royals rotation that finished 12th in the AL with a 4.34 ERA last year. Kazmir’s 3.10 ERA, 7.6 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9 in 2015 would have placed him among the Royals’ best starters. Kazmir struggled down the stretch after being traded from Oakland to Houston, and he didn’t fare well the third time through the order (when batters hit .280/.335/.452 against him), so he also seems likely to benefit from the Royals’ strong bullpen. The 31-year-old Kazmir’s previous two-year deal with the A’s paid him $22MM, although he seems well positioned for a significantly larger deal this time around.
Thanks given by:
Dodgers are trying to get Chapman from the reds according to pretty much everyone.

Will be very interesting to see what the return is. Trading Wade Davis might all the sudden become a very profitable idea.
Thanks given by:
It's quite unfortunate the Jays aren't in on Kazmir.
Thanks given by: lewis94 , lewis94
Chapman going to dodgers pending physical. No word on return to Reds other than it is "multiple" prospects none of whom is Julio Urias.
Thanks given by:
I'm so glad Seager and Urias are staying put. I'm expecting de Leon's name to be included but hoping it's more Grant Holmes + Peraza.

I can't imagine Kenley Jansen is very happy at the moment though. Seems like unless he's traded it could be another Nats situation.
Thanks given by: