Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2015/16 Hot Stove
Since it was his first time through the arb process I suspect it came as a bit of a shock to him. He'll get used to it I'm sure. But if the president of the team acted like Levine did I'd be pretty miffed too. That's some bizarre behaviour.
Thanks given by:
kinda surprising to me that he would lose actually...

3 time all-star, ungodly k/9, massive workload pitching wherever they need him (including closing)

not sure what else he could do to prove his case.
Thanks given by:
Jered Weaver signs with the Padres. 1 year deal, Weaver will receive 3 million, and it includes a 250K assignment bonus as well.

Diamondbacks sign Jorge De La Rosa to a minor league deal, the lefty will fight for a bullpen spot, and will receive 2.25 million if he makes the team, with 600K in reliever incentives, or 1M in starter incentives if they move him to the rotation.
Thanks given by:
Man, the Padres are going to be horrible.

De La Rosa's velocity really dropped off but he still has swing and miss stuff. With that slider/splitter of his he could be a really effective bullpen weapon for AZ.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-19, 01:29 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Jered Weaver signs with the Padres. 1 year deal, Weaver will receive 3 million, and it includes a 250K assignment bonus as well.

It will be so weird to see him in a different uniform.

Thanks given by:
Man, the Nationals must have a wildly different view of Wieters than I do because they just gave him $21M for 2 years.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status...6512278528

Why not just stick with Norris who's making $4.2M this year? Is Wieters really that much of an upgrade? I could see Norris returning to his 2 WAR days fairly easily.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-21, 12:42 PM)shadylane Wrote: Man, the Nationals must have a wildly different view of Wieters than I do because they just gave him $21M for 2 years.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status...6512278528

Why not just stick with Norris who's making $4.2M this year? Is Wieters really that much of an upgrade? I could see Norris returning to his 2 WAR days fairly easily.

Wow. I didn't expect Wieters to get that either. I figured he'd get a 2 year deal worth around 8 million per at best.
Thanks given by:
He's also getting a late start on learning a whole new staff. Probably not the ideal situation for him.

He did see an uptick in exit velocity and barrelled balls last season so maybe they think he has another 20+ HR season in him. But Derek Norris' catching metrics last season put him near the top of the league while Wieters was near the bottom:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/sortab...id=1894667

Offensively they're projecting to be very similar in 2017. So maybe it's as simple as the Nationals not believing much in advanced framing and blocking metrics?
Thanks given by:
on personal level..its a good move for Weiters...doesn't have to uproot his family.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-21, 05:06 PM)shadylane Wrote: Offensively they're projecting to be very similar in 2017. So maybe it's as simple as the Nationals not believing much in advanced framing and blocking metrics?

Whatever would give you that idea?

[Image: dustypapelbonrefframe_1.jpg?itok=niLFQEoQ]
[Image: mw101383335172.jpg]
Thanks given by:
White Sox release Brett Lawrie.

Man...has his stock dropped.
Thanks given by:
He just signed a contract with the White Sox this offseason too. Confused
Thanks given by:
Wonder if this is another hiccup from the gun or did Shelby Miller actually throw a ball 99 mph yesterday?

According to BrooksBaseball he's only thrown 10 pitches in his entire career 98+ mph.

I know this one Spring Training start means nothing at all, but I still wonder if the true outcome of the Miller trade has yet to be written.
Thanks given by: