Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 sent to Marlies
(2017-01-10, 12:54 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Don't know if Shattenkirk is the guy i want...dont know enough about him. hows his defensive game?

I'm under the impression he is more of an offensive guy, but like most here not that familiar with his overall game
Thanks given by:
He's one of the better offensive d-men in the league (his 40 goals rank 12th since 2013) and from what I've seen he can hold his own defensively, but not a 'stud' or anything. I'd be interested to read a more informed breakdown from a Blues fan/reporter though.
Thanks given by:
He's a Left Handed d-man but Alzner would be a great add.  Solid physical top 4 d-man who could log handle the tough minutes and let Rielly Gardiner and Carrick do their thing on the offensive side.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:27 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: He's a Left Handed d-man but Alzner would be a great add.  Solid physical top 4 d-man who could log handle the tough minutes and let Rielly Gardiner and Carrick do their thing on the offensive side.

Adding both wouldn't hurt either, if the money is reasonable
Thanks given by:
Marlies had a great game tonight and they have been few and far between.

Rychel had 4 helpers and his game is coming along. ( also had 5 shots on net ) and he's creeping up on 30 pts

Nielson with 2g and and assist

And Brett Findlay with 3 goals to shock the hockey world. ( LOL good for him)

Froese had a couple more helpers and continues to play great hockey.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
Cameranesi has also has had a great start to his AHL career.
Thanks given by:
Marlies lost last night again. 4-3 to Bridgeport Findlay scored again, Johnsson and Dermott finally broke his goose egg. Rychelhad another pair of assists and is finally finding a pro game.
Thanks given by:
Marlies beat Springfield 2-1 Froese and Cliche scored Rychel continues to pick up points with his assist he now stands at 26 pts in 36 games.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-22, 06:50 PM)Blueeagle3 Wrote: Marlies beat Springfield 2-1  Froese and Cliche scored Rychel continues to pick up points with his assist he now stands at 26 pts in 36 games.

It sounds like Rychel is starting to put it together
Thanks given by:
Yes it looks like Rychel is finding his game. However, the Marlies will really need him to step up now. Kapanen is out for a while Lower body and Leipsic was crushed yesterday with his head down. Looks like a concussion ...both Marlie AHL all-star reps are now out with injury.
Thanks given by:
I would say Byron Froese should get a shot the way he's playing. Scored his 18th and 19th today with and assist in a 3-2 win. Griffith, Timoshov and Rychel also continue to play well and put points up. The guy never takes a shift off. Right now he is the clear cut leader of the Marlies.
Thanks given by:
Has Sparks been injured? Or do they just continue to give preferential treatment to Bibeau despite his consistently worse stats?

2014-2015 - Sparks had the better save percentage (not by much), but played 10 fewer games.
2015-2016 - Sparks had the FAR better save % (regular season Sparks at 0.928 v Bibeau at 0.909, playoffs 0.915 v 0.900), and yet they rode Bibeau for the playoffs.
2016-2017 - Sparks again has the FAR better save % (0.924 v 0.900), and yet Bibeau has been given 21 games to Sparks' 16

I just don't get it. Sparks has had better stats than Bibeau every single season since they've played together, including two seasons and a playoffs with at minimum a 0.15% better, and yet the team consistently plays Bibeau more.
Thanks given by:
Sparks won yesterday I believe.
Thanks given by:
Bibeau is younger and I imagine Leafs management may see more of an upside in him than Sparks. Sparks did not look NHL caliber in his stint last season and is arb eligible this summer. It wouldn't surprise me if Kaskisuo took his place on the Marlies next season.
Thanks given by:
Marlies continue to be hot witha 5-2 win over Manitoba last night. Byron Froese continues to be the Marlies best player with another goal his league leading 24th. He also had an assist. Trevor Moore is right at home on the top line and continues to put up points he had 2 goals and an assist last night. Corrado also had 2 assists. Timoshov also continues some fine play with a goal and assist. Looks like Bibeau stole this one. Griffith had a goal and 2 assists. Some of the kids have really stepped up with the loss of Leipsic and Kapanen.

These two play again at 3pm today.
Thanks given by:
Froese is the equivalent of baseball's quad-A player. Too good for the minors, not good enough for the NHL. Although it's hard to imagine him not deserving a call-up at some point if he keeps up his play. A goal every two games is a mighty impressive pace.
Thanks given by:
Froese is a superior player to Ben Smith in Every way. I hope he gets a shot.
Thanks given by:
Marlies won this afternoon against Syracuse. 3-2 in OT Timoshov had a goal and Findlay had 2. Rychel had 2 more assists. Sparks with the win. The Marlies have fought their way back in the play-offs and are on a nice roll.
Thanks given by:
Dermott healthy, Corrado/Griffith coming in as key contributors, Timashov/Rychel starting to take off, etc. This team is starting to look closer to what was expected out of them. A healthy Kapanen and Leipsic could help them take another step forward as well.

Obviously a lot of talent left them this year and they were expected to take a step back, with Nylander, Soshnikov, Hyman, Brown, Arcobello, Brennan, etc leaving. But they also got a pretty good influx of talent, including several guys with professional hockey experience (e.g. Lindberg, Rychel, Johnson, etc). So on paper, they're still a deep and talented team, despite all the names that left.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-22, 02:45 PM)tmleafer Wrote: Dermott healthy, Corrado/Griffith coming in as key contributors, Timashov/Rychel starting to take off, etc. This team is starting to look closer to what was expected out of them. A healthy Kapanen and Leipsic could help them take another step forward as well.

Obviously a lot of talent left them this year and they were expected to take a step back, with Nylander, Soshnikov, Hyman, Brown, Arcobello, Brennan, etc leaving. But they also got a pretty good influx of talent, including several guys with professional hockey experience (e.g. Lindberg, Rychel, Johnson, etc). So on paper, they're still a deep and talented team, despite all the names that left.

Couple more will be leaving for the big club next season but they also have MORE talent coming in from Jr's. Is this like a 2 yr dream and continuing? I am so not used to this. Just don't wake me up from this nice dream. I may never want to wake up :P lol
Thanks given by: