Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
A reminder to members
A reminder to members:

The "no bashing in Hockey General" rule still applies. Mods feel that a number of members have not been abiding by this standard.

It's against the rules to bash a team, players on a team, a city or its fan base. Being critical and maturely discussing an opinion is acceptable and encouraged but trolling rival fans or taking shots at large groups of people is not. That kind of behaviour also derails threads, which is against the rules too. Please take this as a general final warning before official warnings or suspensions are handed out.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
This doesn't explain how cherry ruined the game.
I don't want to be your friend!
Thanks given by:
(2015-03-20, 02:30 PM)shadylane Wrote: A reminder to members:

The "no bashing in Hockey General" rule still applies. Mods feel that a number of members have not been abiding by this standard.

It's against the rules to bash a team, players on a team, a city or its fan base. Being critical and maturely discussing an opinion is acceptable and encouraged but trolling rival fans or taking shots at large groups of people is not. That kind of behaviour also derails threads, which is against the rules too. Please take this as a general final warning before official warnings or suspensions are handed out.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Guilty.. sort of. I said stuff about Bufferin, but not to rile up the Jets fans. I look at that X check and wonder WHAT is he thinking?  The guy can play this game. He needs to remember that
Thanks given by:
FYI his name is not pronounced or spelled "Bufferin"...
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-05, 10:28 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: FYI his name is not pronounced or spelled "Bufferin"...

No kidding. It's a worse attempt of an insult than "Rick Bash."
Thanks given by:
I assume he is pulling a Don Cherry
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2015-04-05, 10:28 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: FYI his name is not pronounced or spelled "Bufferin"...

It is now. Too tricky to spell. You're right, though. He actually doesn't cure headaches. He gives them
Thanks given by:
Uh HS, this is a thread asking others to not bash in Hockey General, and you're dedicating all your posts in this thread to dissing a star player on the Jets?

You don't see an issue with that?
Thanks given by:
With potentially 5 Canadian teams going into the playoffs.

and at least 1 Canadian match up. a reminder to members about a few things might be a good idea. (past experiences have shown these situations can get out of control).
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Go Flames Go!!!
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-09, 10:27 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: Uh HS, this is a thread asking others to not bash in Hockey General, and you're dedicating all your posts in this thread to dissing a star player on the Jets?

You don't see an issue with that?

HARDLY an issue at all. Buffelin is a good player. Tongue in cheek. Come on you know me. His name is hard to spell. I have not 'bashed' him. Geesh I wish he played for Vancouver. Anyways, I refer to this message once in a while, just to stay out of the sin bin. They are bashing Burrows and Bieksa in the Flames thread. I don't CARE. Let em have some fun

Site mail me if you have a prob w me. My ears are open. Like the sign says, 'We never close'

and I don't believe this is 'dissing a star' It's having fun with words: This is the comment
 *It is now. Too tricky to spell. You're right, though. He actually doesn't cure headaches. He gives them*
Big deal
Thanks given by:
I was referring to you calling buff a "dirty" player in a thread asking posters to not bash other teams in hockey general.
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-21, 10:26 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: I was referring to you calling buff a "dirty" player in a thread asking posters to not bash other teams in hockey general.

Even the Jets fans and media were calling him that. Anyhow, I edited the o.p.
Thanks given by: