Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A winger ready for the jump
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kaspe...hl-chance/

pretty sure if uncle Lou was to trade one of our veteran wingers this guy may have the jam to take their spot for the rest of the year...awesome to see two more young guys doing great things in the AHL and hopefully it translates to the NHL.
Thanks given by:
Kapanen and Leipsic both had the game to play in the NHL this year. But I do believe that the year in the AHL will make them better players. Leipsic has a big motor like Hyman and Brown. Kapanen is a flat out road runner with hands that work at high speed. he also has a great shot.

They couldn't all come up at once but they will play next year. As a full time PK player Kapanen will make teams tentative of his skill and break-away speed.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:25 PM)Blueeagle3 Wrote: Kapanen and Leipsic both had the game to play in the NHL this year.  But I do believe that the year in the AHL will make them better players. Leipsic has a big motor like Hyman and Brown.  Kapanen is a flat out road runner with hands that work at high speed.  he also has a great shot.  

They couldn't all come up at once but they will play next year.  As a full time PK player Kapanen will make teams tentative of his skill and break-away speed.

its all gravy if you ask me..!! we have currently up to 9 rookies in the line up every night and I'm sure there were people snickering because they thought we were trying to go for top 3 picks yet here we are very close to the playoffs with a bunch of hungry young guys..I've watched more hockey this year than I have in the last 5 and I could care less when we lose because we are out their busting their nuts and learning...fun times
Thanks given by:
If JVR leaves next year, we need a high end replacement for the left side.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Kapanen Leipsic and Rychel all look ready or close to ready for the jump IMO.  Not a lot of room up front though.
Thanks given by:
I think Rychel needs more time. Maybe another full year in the A
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:32 PM)MisterZ Wrote: I think Rychel needs more time. Maybe another full year in the A

He and Leipsic both need to clear waivers next year though so a decision will have to be made.
Thanks given by:
Kapanen has taken a huge jump this year. Leipsic has more points, but in terms of "taking a game over"...Kapanen has been absolutely unstoppable at times in the AHL this year. His speed is world class. IMO he'd be the fastest player on the Leafs right now, and that's saying something with the team speed we have.

IMO, there's a good chance that all 3 of Kapanen, Leipsic and Rychel are Leafs next year.

Unless we are in the playoffs (or within a point or two) around deadline day, it wouldn't shock me to see the Leafs make him available, and a team overpay for Leo Komarov. Don't all shoot me at once.

I love Leo, and he's back to playing like the Uncle Leo of last year, being an insufferable pain in the ass, he's great in the room, he's a good two-way player, he kills penalties...I could go on. I'm not saying trade him because I don't like him, I LOVE him....just in terms of asset management, it might be the right play.

He's likely not going to be an effective player in 3 years time when the Leafs are truly looking at contending, and the piece or pieces you get back for him very well could be part of that group.

IMO, you could see JVR, Bozak and Komarov all gone before next season, and Kapanen, Leipsic and Rychel would be the 3 guys most likely to slide in.

Hyman Matthews Brown
Soshnikov Kadri Marner
Leipsic Nylander Kapanen
Martin Gauthier Rychel

The coaching of Mike Babcock, the leadership qualities of Auston Matthews, the continued development of Nazem Kadri and Morgan Rielly, the influence of Matt Martin, and the maturity of guys like Brown, Hyman, Zaitsev and Marner in terms of work ethic, dedication, etc....I don't really worry about how young this group would be after unloading JVR, Bozak and Komarov.

In an ideal world, somehow the departure of those 3 (most likely JVR) leads to a top-4 RHD coming in to play with Gardiner.
Thanks given by:
Rychel isn't ready yet. Games I've watched at least. But, he is coming around now.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
All season I keep mumbling to myself "did they forget about Kapanen? He's the #1 asset we got for Kessel."

I guess we'll find out (hopefully) by season's end just what we got for The Thrill.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:48 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: All season I keep mumbling to myself "did they forget about Kapanen?  He's the #1 asset we got for Kessel."

I guess we'll find out (hopefully) by season's end just what we got for The Thrill.

Don't forget Rychel via Harrington.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:03 PM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 04:48 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: All season I keep mumbling to myself "did they forget about Kapanen?  He's the #1 asset we got for Kessel."

I did forget about him. You know why?  He wasn't the #1 prospect in somebody's NHL system.  lol
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:09 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 07:03 PM)MisterZ Wrote:

I did forget about him. You know why?  He wasn't the #1 prospect in somebody's NHL system.  lol

They may not have wanted to part with Murray but for sure Kapanen was the bright shiny piece to this trade and the kid has worked his ass off to make the Leafs..he is now playing on the PK too to add more to his overall game.
Thanks given by: