Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Petrovic
Boys on 1260 talking about a possible trade for Petrovic this AM.  Petrovic is a big kid @ 6.4/209. R handed D man. He just turned 24. He came out of Red Deer with a very big offensive upside and plays a very rough game ( Can't fight LOL as he lost 3 fights quite badly to Evander Kane last year in the same game). But that said he will stick up for team mates. He has never taken off as that offensive guy he was projected at and is very seasoned in the A with 156 Total games compared to 118 in the NHL.  He can skate and plays with an edge for sure, the one big thing with him is he has a cannon ( Knickname last of Junior in Red Deer was the Cannon.)

According to the heads, Florida is looking for an experienced RH Dman ,  enter Mark Fayne.

Petrovic has 1 year left on a 1.050 deal ( RFA next Summer) , compared to Mark Fayne`s 2 years left on a 3.65.

Petrovic Definitely plays a rougher game than Fayne and has more Offense as he had 3G and 20A  72G ( Including Playoffs) compared to Fayne`s 2G and 7P in 69G.

No idea if this is even being considered but the Talking heads have brought it up.  Florida is pretty close to the cap
and I would think if it is Fayne they would take, we would have to eat salary on that one. Probably a mill and a half.

If not Fayne, no idea who we would trade as they apparently want a defender with experience as they have  a pretty good lineup of Offense minded D men and just picked up Pysyk another R hander with a bit of offense potential, Demers another R hander and Yandle.  With the solid play of young Dman Mike Matteheson ( LH) and Ekblad (R hand) I could see them moving Petrovic for an experienced D man ( But they may want a L hander as well)

Thoughts on Petrovic.
Thanks given by:
I don't watch many Panther games, so I'll be honest - I don't know much about Petrovic. But if he's younger, bigger, cheaper, tougher and has more offensive upside than Fayne, why would Florida make that deal?
Thanks given by:
This is from the Beer League Heroes Blog...

Quote:I got word late last night from a source close to the team that the Florida Panthers have contacted the Edmonton Oilers regarding Nail Yakupov. The rumoured trade is being built around Yakupov, right-handed dman Alex Petrovic and a draft pick or picks could be coming back to the Oilers as well. The Oilers have also been talking to Brandon Pirri’s camp, I imagine he’d be Yak’s replacement if the Panthers deal goes through.

You can believe me or not but Bob Stauffer just started following Alex Petrovic’s Twitter account… Take it for what it is.

http://www.beerleagueheroes.com/oilers-t...k-moving/#
Thanks given by:
It's just good to hear more legit rumours going around, excited to see some more moves.
Thanks given by:
You know, Yakupov might actually thrive in Florida. A core deal of Yak for Petrov, with various sweeteners, gewgaws, picks and geriatric throw-ins from both sides, and it could work.

Klef - Larsson
Sekeras - Fayne
Davidson - Petrov

That's not a great D, but it is an NHL level D. It would be the best most balanced D corps the Oilers have run for years (which is incredibly depressing).
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-19, 09:51 AM)Obelisk Wrote: This is from the Beer League Heroes Blog...

Quote:I got word late last night from a source close to the team that the Florida Panthers have contacted the Edmonton Oilers regarding Nail Yakupov. The rumoured trade is being built around Yakupov, right-handed dman Alex Petrovic and a draft pick or picks could be coming back to the Oilers as well. The Oilers have also been talking to Brandon Pirri’s camp, I imagine he’d be Yak’s replacement if the Panthers deal goes through.

You can believe me or not but Bob Stauffer just started following Alex Petrovic’s Twitter account… Take it for what it is.

http://www.beerleagueheroes.com/oilers-t...k-moving/#

Pirri regardless would be a great pickup as a 3rd line C man.  He is a 15-20 goal scorer avg over his last 2 years and just turned 25. Very solid on the draw and can play the wing ( Lefty).  probably a 30ish point guy .  He has good wheels and shoots a lot ( That is a good thing as well). If we landed him it would make that top 9 quite strong and especially if Yaks is moved.
To me Yaks for Petrovic is a no brainer.  And if they are throwing in something else it is like hitting the lottery!!!!!

These top 3 lines look good

Lucic/McDavid/Eberle
Drai/ RNH/Maroon
Poulliot/ Pirri/ Pool Party
Hendricks/Letestu,Lander/Kassian/Paks

Klef/Larsson
Sekera/Petrovic or Fayne
Davidson/Petrovic/Nurse or Fayne

whoever does not slot in at #7 ( Unless Nurse as I do think if he is not playing a regular 5/6 shift he should go to Bakersfield) then if that is the case bring the little Oesterle up as the #7.

Also Petoivic be the can  Cannon ( I would hope a 3/2 PP) on 1 of the PP's.
Thanks given by:
I was chatting with Scout Buddy and he said that Petrovic played very good down the stretch for Florida and was one of their Best D men in the short playoff run and tied with Kulikov for the most points by a D man with 4 each in 6 games
Thanks given by:
I think Nurse should be in the minors too.... along with J.P.

I don't know a lot about Pirri, but he sounds like an alright 15 goal, 25 point, 3rd line player.  Is he a good faceoff guy?  Is he good defensively?

Pouliot - McD - Eberle
Lucic - RNH - Drai
Maroon - Pirri - Kassian
Hendricks - Letestu - Paks

Klef - Larsson
Sekera - Petrovic
Davidson - Fayne

Still not exactly a great D, though.  Baby steps, I guess.
Thanks given by:
Why not resign Gryba too? I'm sure he could be signed for 1 year at a reasonable cost. I like him as our 6 - 7 D man.
Thanks given by:
I don't have an issue bringing Gryba back, either, as a 6th or 7th.  Injuries happen, and that's why we're forced to play guys that aren't ready, like Nurse last year.
Thanks given by:
I worked with one of Alex Petrovics best friends a few years ago, he told me Alex was losing his mind ecstatic he fell out of the first round and the Oilers were picking first in the 2nd round. Local boy coming home. He was pissed when they took Pitlick..

Let's right one of the many wrongs under Dumb and Dumbers reigns of terror through this rebuild! 

Bring Alex home!
Thanks given by:
Fayne? I like him but at the salary and term I'd trade him in a heartbeat
#WelcomeBackConnor

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Thanks given by:
Why wouldn't Florida be looking at a LH veteran D? They have a lot of righties, as Mac noted in his first post.
"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
Thanks given by:
Make the trade NOW. I've always like Petrovic. Piri would be a good 3C moving forward.

PS, Tampa also needs to make a trade soon.
Connor McDavid: "I don't know why anyone would be disappointed going to the Edmonton Oilers." 
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-19, 12:19 PM)Fritz Wrote: I think Nurse should be in the minors too.... along with J.P.

I don't know a lot about Pirri, but he sounds like an alright 15 goal, 25 point, 3rd line player.  Is he a good faceoff guy?  Is he good defensively?

Pouliot - McD - Eberle
Lucic - RNH - Drai
Maroon - Pirri - Kassian

Klef - Larsson
Sekera - Petrovic
Davidson - Fayne

Pirri wasn't given a qualifying offer so he became UFA.  I doubt his two-way game is terribly polished otherwise he would have been kept by Anaheim.  I don't think he was very good on the draw either.  But he would be a good utility player to get if Yakupov is moved.
"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
Thanks given by:
Would be a great pick up , Considering the huge gap on the right side ..
Thanks given by:
interesting. a deal involving Yak and Petrovic. and talking to Pirri's camp. i like it !!
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-19, 04:32 PM)beatcomber Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 12:19 PM)Fritz Wrote: I think Nurse should be in the minors too.... along with J.P.

Pouliot - McD - Eberle
Lucic - RNH - Drai
Maroon - Pirri - Kassian

Klef - Larsson
Sekera - Petrovic
Davidson - Fayne

Pirri wasn't given a qualifying offer so he became UFA.  I doubt his two-way game is terribly polished otherwise he would have been kept by Anaheim.  I don't think he was very good on the draw either.  But he would be a good utility player to get if Yakupov is moved.

Pirri was never allowed to play the dot in Anaheim.  He was 46.2 in FO%  with Florida.  Drai was 48.4, Jesus 41.2, RNH 44.8.
Thanks given by:
Looks like the rumour was bunk:

http://www.beerleagueheroes.com/petrovic-rumours-redux/
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-20, 09:41 AM)McZS Wrote: Looks like the rumour was bunk:

http://www.beerleagueheroes.com/petrovic-rumours-redux/

No shit! ANY rumor involving Yak for an actual NHL'er is wishful thinking. He's barely an NHL player himself. A mid round pick is about what Yak would garner in a trade. Maybe a 3rd round pick if PC is able to swindle a fellow GM.

I expect he'll get a chance to redeem himself here in the early going, then will see regular press box duty by the 2nd half of the season.
Thanks given by: