Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
All Hands on Deck! - Game #41
Johnny draws 12 slashes and one penalty.
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. Orwell
Thanks given by: Suity
Frodo scores on their 45th shot, on a Powerplay. 4-2.
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. Orwell
Thanks given by:
Elliott was the difference . 12 shots 4 goals against , pathetic !
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
4 goals on 12 shots. 2 goals on 46 shots.

Game over 4-2
Thanks given by:
One problem.., until the 3rd period
All those shots were being taken with no traffic in front of Miller.

Another problem
The Flames need another line other than Backlund's line to produce
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Suity , FlameFilosi4
Monahan sucks this season . Kid better figure it out because we go nowhere with Backs as our leading scorer .
Thanks given by:
Come on guys!!
Elliott faced 13 shots

Wotherspoon had a rough night with several giveaways, but he did play better in the 3rd period

Freddie Hamilton plays ok, but he does not bring the same energy that Hathaway does.  He does not draw penalties.

I believe that we will see Hathaway, Jokipakka & Johnson in the line-up tomorrow night.
Thanks given by:
[Image: H15itil.gif]
Blame Game

I find myself looking for somebody to blame, in the cold light of morning. The game in Vancouver last night was frustrating and aggravating on a number of levels. Beyond the fact that this is a division opponent in the race for the same playoff spot, this was a team they had faced in the past, and knew what they were about.

Was it Elliott and his poor save percentage? Stats so far this year are not in his favour -
For goalies who have played 15 or more games (45 goalies total):
Elliott ranks 36th in GAA with a 2.95, and 45th in S% with a .889.
Johnson ranks 13th in GAA with a 2.34, and is tied for 15th in S% with a .920.

Was it Gio with his giveaways? Brodie with his skating miles to make a bad pass? Was it Eggo and Dougie with mistimed pinches? Spoon for his puck fumbles? Dennis for being Wideman?

Which forwards besides Backs, Frodo, and Chucky were on their game? There were a lot of MIA's.

All hands were not on deck!

Or.....was it just that dam Miller?

[Image: 875d617134989a15b0969e837c1052fd]
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
It seems some of our players are believing their press clippings. I believe we need a shake-up of sorts. Nothing too major, but it needs to be done. Trouble is we're at the Cap limit. Which means Tre's options are limited.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Thanks given by:
Stajan & Bouma played a strong game.  They did "score a shorty" afterall...,
Ferland had 1 short shift on the PP and I felt he created a lot more chaos for Miller & the defense than Chaisson did.

But what it really comes down to with the forwards

The Flames need Monahan to regain his form of the previous 3 seasons.  He's shown some flashes of that, but needs to bring his A-game every night.

He is only in his 2nd full season, but the Flames need Bennett to find that next level to his game.  He has been working hard and at times has been a little over-eager (leading to bad penalties).
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
(2017-01-07, 11:33 AM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote: [Image: H15itil.gif]
Blame Game

I find myself looking for somebody to blame, in the cold light of morning. The game in Vancouver last night was frustrating and aggravating on a number of levels. Beyond the fact that this is a division opponent in the race for the same playoff spot, this was a team they had faced in the past, and knew what they were about.

Was it Elliott and his poor save percentage? Stats so far this year are not in his favour -
For goalies who have played 15 or more games (45 goalies total):
Elliott ranks 36th in GAA with a 2.95, and 45th in S% with a .889.
Johnson ranks 13th in GAA with a 2.34, and is tied for 15th in S% with a .920.

Was it Gio with his giveaways? Brodie with his skating miles to make a bad pass? Was it Eggo and Dougie with mistimed pinches? Spoon for his puck fumbles? Dennis for being Wideman?

Which forwards besides Backs, Frodo, and Chucky were on their game? There were a lot of MIA's.

All hands were not on deck!

Or.....was it just that dam Miller?

[Image: 875d617134989a15b0969e837c1052fd]

Sometimes you actually get lucky. Happens to Vancouver maybe 3 times a year Sad . With Tryamkin, it was at the draft table.

Calgary's going to be just fine. I think Ferland can get better, big guy.. in fact if he wasn't a Flame, I'd say make him Silly mayor

When Miller is in the Zone, he is one of the best. He should have been charged with theft

Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: Nanuuk