Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson gone indefinitely
Don't think it was chicken this time. Hope that Andy and his family are doing alright.

Senators recall goaltender Chris Driedger

Emergency recall to replace Craig Anderson

The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) today recalled goaltender Chris Driedger on an emergency basis from the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators, to replace Craig Anderson.

"With the support of the entire organization, we've provided Craig with a leave of absence so that he can attend to a personal matter at home," said Senators general manager, Pierre Dorion. "While we are uncertain of how long Craig may be away, he will continue to have our support for as much time as is needed. We will respect his privacy and will have no further comment at this time."

Driedger, 22, has a 1-0-1 record with a 0.96 goals-against-average and .961 save percentage in two games with the B-Sens this season.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senato...-283142894
Thanks given by:
Yikes.  Sounds like something bad is going down in his family unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-27, 04:33 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Yikes.  Sounds like something bad is going down in his family unfortunately.

prolly the same reason he went home and missed most of the pre season games.
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:
And that reason was...?
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-27, 06:14 PM)Barberpole Wrote: And that reason was...?

sorry BP, personal reasons then also.
guessing that something been going on for a while.
Thanks given by:
I was out of the loop for preseason.
No hockey news in Blighty!
Thanks given by:
Does he have children? Being away like usually means very serious health issue. I mean it wouldnt be marriage issues, as tons of players go thru that all the time without missing games. Hopefully whatever it is gets resolved well.
Thanks given by:
Visited the Senschirp site for some insight. I've learned they all hate each other over there. Especially SensLady, apparently.

It seems Nicolle Anderson (wife) has a twitter account and there was a tweet which some suggested might have been about Anderson's first absence?:
Thanks given by:
He's got a couple of kids. I think one of them has some condition but I forget and I am too lazy to search through old articles. Or maybe it's his wife?

Anyways, it doesn't matter. I hope it ends well for him and he's back soon.

I expect a slow start from the Hamburglar but he will get it together. I just hope they do not panic and go to Driedger.
Thanks given by:
I hope everything is ok too, there's always that chance it could be a parent who's very ill/dying too.
Thanks given by:
Yup exactly. No use speculating.
Thanks given by:
Let us all hope that situation can resolve itself and he comes back very soon for your Senators. Never easy bring away from loved ones, especially when something goes wrong on the home front.
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
His wife diagnosed with cancer. Tough one.
Thanks given by:
Sad news.

She has encouraged him to rejoin the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Tough news. Can't imagine trying to play with the weight of that on you
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
Best wishes to the Anderson family, and the Sens fans that will miss his talents, while they fight and defeat this monster.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-28, 05:21 PM)andreroy Wrote: Yup exactly. No use speculating.

(2016-10-29, 02:43 PM)sensedin Wrote: His wife diagnosed with cancer. Tough one.

Oh My God, that's so sad.
Thanks given by:
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/c...ith-cancer
Thanks given by:
Heard about this today and i felt really bad, they're still a very young family and to have that happen to them right now must be devastating, praying that they get through this!
Thanks given by:
I fully understand what they both are going through. My wife's sister passed away on Valentine's night this year. I hope and pray the docs can catch this in its tracks and she and family will pull through this.
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by: