Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better Call Saul - Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!)
Anyone catch it?

Thought is was pretty good...Mike is so bad ass...
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I've tried multiple times to get into this show and just haven't succeeded.

Great reviews, was a HUGE fan of Breaking Bad, loved the characters that have remained a part of B.C.S. from the original series, and somehow just haven't got there.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks given by:
Bo, there are many similarities to BB in terms of the writing and symbolism.

How many episodes have you watched?
Thanks given by:
I'll be binge watching the first season in a few days. The reviews look promising.
Apparently Vince Gilligan hasn't ruled out jumping past the BrBa timeline in future episodes(?)
I'd love to see Saul make a comeback from that ending.
"Sheeeeeeeee-it" ~ Senator Clay Davis

Thanks given by:
I love the little references to Breaking Bad in this show.  The guy that Saul and Kate hustled was the douche from season 1 driving the BMW that Walt blew up at the gas station.  And the tequila they were drinking was the same one Gus used to poison the Cartel.

Thanks given by: Wilson Green
Ha! I knew that dickhead looked familiar! I did remember the tequila. Thanks.
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
I loved the scene at the end with the light switch.  What a perfect way to show who this character is.  It's in his nature to break the rules.  He's not happy and he's really bored if he's not breaking the rules.
Thanks given by:
I have never watched the show, but based upon the reviews I may have to start.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-16, 12:16 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Bo, there are many similarities to BB in terms of the writing and symbolism.

3 or 4 maybe?...but not in their entirety, and not in succession.

It's not just this show though...I find my TV appetite is slipping away. I used to have a few shows I never missed (Shameless being one)....I'm just not really a TV guy anymore, sadly, because I used to LOVE getting excited for the new episode, new season, etc.

That's not a criticism of the quality/content of the shows. There are some gems out there and I'm missing them...and I just can't bring myself to want to watch them. It's becoming a problem. Happy
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-16, 02:50 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 12:16 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Bo, there are many similarities to BB in terms of the writing and symbolism.

3 or 4 maybe?...but not in their entirety, and not in succession.

It's not just this show though...I find my TV appetite is slipping away. I used to have a few shows I never missed (Shameless being one)....I'm just not really a TV guy anymore, sadly, because I used to LOVE getting excited for the new episode, new season, etc.

That's not a criticism of the quality/content of the shows. There are some gems out there and I'm missing them...and I just can't bring myself to want to watch them. It's becoming a problem. Happy

I had a hard time getting into this one, took until about the 6th episode before I got there. And now, I'm hooked.
Thanks given by:
So I power watched the first season. I'd say it was as good as the first season of BrBa.
There was a ton of BrBa references:

I totally missed Gonzo and No Doz (Tuco's pals), got the rest.

Thanks given by:
fyi, you can stream the first episode of season 2 for free on the AMC website.
Or at least it had better be for free, as I clicked on it and watched it last night. Silly
Apparently the first two episodes were freebies last year as well.

That opening sequence with Saul locked in the mall refuse area was so depressing. Poor Saul.

Thanks given by:
Just for the purpose of idle conversation: does anyone care to speculate on what charges or evidence the Feds have on Slippin' Jimmy?
I'll point out most of the witnesses are dead, Jesse skipped (and may have tweaked himself to death), Skyler can only provide hearsay, Jesse's dvd tell all to Hank was undoubtedly destroyed by Uncle Jack...

Thanks given by:
Squat Cobbler!!   Laugh
Thanks given by: Wilson Green , Wilson Green , schenn02 , schenn02
Play the Slippin' Jimmy game.  Cool

http://www.slippinjimmy.com/

My highest score so far is $21750
Thanks given by:
Haven't seen episode 2.
So what was the significance of the switch in Slippin' Jimmy's office in episode one? It was monitored, right?
Jimmy now gets the sleazy cases?

Thanks given by:
"You'll have to make a video."
24k GOLD.

Thanks given by: Wilson Green
i love how no matter how things go for him, he's got no problem doing unethical work or breaking the rules and doesn't see anything wrong with it...
Thanks given by:
I think he actually prefers the 'morally flexible' stuff - the degree of enthusiasm he showed for the Sandpiper case didn't even come close to how excited and creative he got about the "Squat Cobbler" story.
Thanks given by:
Love this show.
Thanks given by: