Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better Call Saul - Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!)
Nah, his ethical position is in a state of flux at the moment. He is definitely on the bubble. He did the right thing with the Kettlemans, and his work with his elder law venture was strictly above board.
If Mike phones Jimmy 48 hours later, he get a big NO to his offer. (He was still upset with Chuck showing up to "Bear witness" and taking the favor was just Jimmy striking out at the straight laced brother.)

The show parallels Breaking Bad so far: Walter White turning into Heisenberg; Jimmy McGill turning into Saul Goodman.

Can't wait to see how the laser tag establishment is worked into the script.
"Sheeeeeeeee-it" ~ Senator Clay Davis

Thanks given by:
There's a video on the AMC website that delves into Slippin' Jimmy's choice of clothes wrt his morality. You'll notice in season one, all the criminals are wearing lighter colours and tans (Tuco and his crew), the respectable lawyers are in dark blue, Jimmy is in a neutral colour ~ brown (that hideous double breasted suit). It still isn't apparent which way Jimmy will go.

Season two, he's wearing dark blue... so far.

Thanks given by:
https://www.teepublic.com/hoodie/149383-...law-school

I WANT ONE!!!

INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM ~ I shall find a way or make one

lol

Thanks given by:
Lol...awesome!

Anyone wanna take a guess who Nacho wants "gone"?

I think it might be soon to introduce another BB character...
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Could it be Gus Fring?
Maybe the Salamancas want to tie up a loose string?

Haven't seen the third episode yet so this is a wild guess.

Thanks given by:
I'm going to guess DEA agent Hank, or Tuco. Gus kept too low a profile IMO, Nacho probably doesn't know who he is...

I do think it will be someone from BB though. Man, I hope once Jimmy fully evolves into Saul they bring in Jessie and Walter for a few guest appearances.

Really liking this show.
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's a character from BB.  The preview for the episode shows Mike with a large amount of money, so he probably did the job.
Thanks given by:
I really hope we see Gus Fring at some point.  I loved that character on Breaking Bad.
Thanks given by:
I could see Fring being targeted for a hit. From BrBa flashback, we learned Hector Salamanca told Gus to stick with the chicken business. By now (~2002) Gus has established a string of Los Pollos Hermanos franchises throughout the south west. I think he may be attempting to branch out into the meth business; and since the Mexican cartel would have been keeping track of him, they ordered the hit.
Hector talks to Tuco who talks to Nacho who talks to Mike.

It's just a matter of time before Fring is introduced. He is very tied to the Mike Ehrmantraut character.

On the other hand, maybe Mike just takes out another ordinary drug rival of Nacho's. Silly

Thanks given by:
I thought Gus was in season 1, he took over taking care of the brother after Saul found out that his brother was the person keeping him out of the law firm
Thanks given by:
Ernesto?
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Ernesto

Apparently Skyler White had a split second cameo in episode 1: she was the girl pouring the tequila as Ken was being scammed.
Friggin' missed that!

Thanks given by:
(2016-03-05, 10:34 AM)Cornholio Wrote: Ernesto?

Apparently Skyler White had a split second cameo in episode 1: she was the girl pouring the tequila as Ken was being scammed.
Friggin' missed that!

Yes, Ernesto.
In Breaking Bad, didn't Hank start investigating Gus and there were no records of a Gustavo Fring entering the country, but I think Ernesto did. The Ernesto character seemed to be a younger version of the Breaking Bad character, the glasses and when he was working with the brother he was very calm had a similar demeanor. My wife and I both thought immediately that this was Gus.
Thanks given by:
Saul ROCKS!!! Great show, highly recommend it for any BB fans... Odenkirk is superlative and so is the rest of the cast!!! Only wish I didn't know what happened to a couple of the "characters" in the end, but I can live with that... Happy

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-05, 10:43 AM)WTTM Wrote:

Friggin' missed that!

Yes, Ernesto.
In Breaking Bad, didn't Hank start investigating Gus and there were no records of a Gustavo Fring entering the country, but I think Ernesto did. The Ernesto character seemed to be a younger version of the Breaking Bad character, the glasses and when he was working with the brother he was very calm had a similar demeanor. My wife and I both thought immediately that this was Gus.
Maybe. But the timeline is a little strange if that's the case. Fring immigrated from Chile to Mexico in 1986 (established a few restaurants before riling up the cartel); immigrated from Mexico to the US in 1989 (and continued building the Los Pallos Hermanos chain in the Southwest).
Why would Fring be working in the mailroom at HHM in 2002, when Better Call Saul starts?
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Gustavo_Fring

Thanks given by:
(2016-03-05, 12:16 PM)Cornholio Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 10:43 AM)WTTM Wrote:

Friggin' missed that!

Yes, Ernesto.
Maybe. But the timeline is a little strange if that's the case. Fring immigrated from Chile to Mexico in 1986 (established a few restaurants before riling up the cartel); immigrated from Mexico to the US in 1989 (and continued building the Los Pallos Hermanos chain in the Southwest).
Why would Fring be working in the mailroom at HHM in 2002, when Better Call Saul starts?
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Gustavo_Fring

I don't know!  Laugh 
He could be looking for info on a client of the law firm.

As I said above, both my wife and myself thought immediately that he was Gus. The names Ernesto, Gustavo, both latin American I assume, just my thoughts.
Thanks given by:
Squat Cobbler....Boston Cream Splat....wonder if anyone will attempt to make a video based on this episode????
Thanks given by:
I'm wondering if Nacho is trying to eliminate Tuco...
Thanks given by:
this is interesting...a Breaking Bad reference that seems as though will be making its play in BCS...

Ignacio Varga, whom Saul refers to here is, is in fact, Nacho.

What did Nacho do?

This is gonna be good.
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-07, 09:30 AM)MisterZ Wrote: I'm wondering if Nacho is trying to eliminate Tuco...
That was my first thought.
But it's so obvious it seems unlikely. The writers for Gilligan and co. really like misdirection.

As an aside: the more I think of it, the more plausible it becomes that Ernesto is somehow related to Gus. He's been in three scenes so far...

Thanks given by:
Cornholio...did you watch the above clip?

Saul says he is a friend of the cartel...but who is he referring to, "____ didn't send you? No ____?"

to it sounds like "Lado didnt send you? No Lado?"

is he referring to Don Eladio?

this scene, which seemed irrelevant at the time could be foreshadowing a major story line in BCS...
Thanks given by: