Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better Call Saul - Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!)
I think I've got Breaking Bad on the brain. A few weeks ago I watched Gotham and Lucifer back to back and picked out Uncle Jack (Michael Bowen) and Kenny (Kevin Rankin) in their casts.
For White Supremacist gang members, they have a good work ethic.

[Image: 270?cb=20130912225922][Image: 270?cb=20130912225935]
"Sheeeeeeeee-it" ~ Senator Clay Davis

Thanks given by:
Jimmy must of went to the George Costanza school of getting fired.
Thanks given by:
pretty great, eh?

I wonder who Mike is stalking...
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Mike is stalking the cartel...the entire cartel, and you are right...freaking awesome. The close up of Mike's determined face before fade out...perfect. I love the show so much that I pvr it, and delay my viewing until I am absolutely certain there will be no distractions. Jimmy telling Mike about being hog tied gives us some perspective on the Breaking Bad parallel.

It's special when an acting role and an actor match up so brilliantly. It's happened before with Jon Banks, but I can't remember the title. It was a made for TV movie, or a tv show. A famous elderly actress is killed, and Banks ends up being her killer, but it was a mutually agreed decision by the actress and Banks. Banks was a tough guy ex mobster. His performance was exceptional.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Anyone seen Aaron Paul's new show The Path?  It's quite good.  It airs on Showcase.

Thanks given by:
Great episode last night.  Chuck is either dead or at the very least has a serious head injury.

Jimmy is gonna feel like crap either way.
Thanks given by:
amazing story telling...shit...i wonder what Jimmy does...

Really liked the exchange between Kim and Chuck, as well, and the subsequent beating she laid on Jimmy, LOL!

next week is the season finale, I believe Sad
Thanks given by: Bully
Mike's rifle shoots left on the first shot.
I wonder if this is how Hector ends up ringing a bell.
And still no Gus?

Thanks given by:
(2016-04-12, 03:08 PM)Cornholio Wrote: Mike's rifle shoots left on the first shot.
I wonder if this is how Hector ends up ringing a bell.

And still no Gus?

I wondered the same thing.

The Mike vs Hector angle isn't over yet.

I'm surprised Nacho didn't coerce Mike to hand him some of that stolen loot.

I think Chuck's dead. Kim's left HHM, Jimmy's done with the place...Chuck's relationship with Jimmy is in the toilet...no need for that story line anymore.
Thanks given by:
So no Fring in the finale? We will soon see.
http://time.com/4293898/better-call-saul...gus-fring/

For those who didn't 'click', the first letter of each episode title spells:
F R I N G S B A C K

I don't recall exactly what it was, but there was something funny going on with the episode titles in BrBa in one of their seasons also. They foreshadowed the airliner collision in the season finale(?)... or something

Thanks given by:
(2016-04-18, 12:58 PM)Cornholio Wrote: For those who didn't 'click', the first letter of each episode title spells:
F R I N G S B A C K

That is cool.  And I checked, it's true.  It doesn't spell out FRINGSBACK in order from episode 1 to 10, but it does once you re-arrange the letters.

I can't be a coincidence.
Thanks given by:
I checked.
That airplane crash thing with the title occurred in season 2 of BrBa. Every title of an episode with pink teddybear flash forwards was used to form the sentence SEVEN-THIRTY-SEVEN DOWN OVER ABQ. (ie in the season finale the 737 crashed.)
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Episod...e_Meanings

An anagram was used once before also.
FELINA = Finale (the series finale)

That would be so cool to have Gus introduced as a cliffhanger. But from the Time link, Gould/Gilligan may have nixed it.

Thanks given by:
Felina is also a reference to the old song "Down in the West Texas Town of El Paso", which played twice in the finale.

And, if you break it into it's chemical name:

Fe - Iron
Li - Lithium
Na - sodium

Iron is of course a component of human blood. Lithium is a big part of methamphetamine. And Sodium is the salty part of tears.

Ergo - Felina = Blood, Meth and Tears

The Internet had a lot of fun with that episode title.
Thanks given by:
Well I guess Gus did show up, sort of, maybe...
'Don't.'
Who else but Fring would leave such a cryptic message? (See post #58)

And that Chuck thing is getting out of control. He is becoming more like Slippin' Jimmy than Jimmy himself.
With apologies to Nietzsche and Jim Lahey ~ He who stares into the shit abyss...

Well, see you all next year in season 3.

Thanks given by:
(2016-04-19, 10:44 AM)Cornholio Wrote: Well I guess Gus did show up, sort of, maybe...
'Don't.'
Who else but Fring would leave such a cryptic message? (See post #58)

And that Chuck thing is getting out of control. He is becoming more like Slippin' Jimmy than Jimmy himself.
With apologies to Nietzsche and Jim Lahey ~ He who stares into the shit abyss...

Well, see you all next year in season 3.

Wait... that was the season finale? NOOOOO!!!!
Thanks given by:
I thought the finale was a rather big letdown.

Mike's storyline went nowhere, he's actually no further ahead than he was after the Tuco beating. And Jimmy/Chuck story continues to wrap around and start where it began. Jimmy holds no grudge after finding out that Chuck was holding him back last year? I can get that but risking the future he built just to keep Howard happy? Makes no sense.
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
I loved the Mike angle. I like that there was no resolution. For a guy who likes to tip toe behind his marks, he knows someone is following him. Really interested in seeing how it plays out. I don't know if Gus is in on it, but the speculation is endless.

I absolutely hated Jimmy confessing. It was out of character for him to do such a thing.

They should've killed off Chuck and brought in a new adversary for Jimmy. The situation was perfect...Chuck was on his death bed...

I don't think I can wait till next year for season 3....I'm going to have some serious withdrawals...
Thanks given by:
BTW, the part where the mom uses her last breaths to call for Jimmy, all I could do is laugh thinking of "Bosco! BOSCO!"

Thanks given by: ReservoirDog
Better Call Saul isn't Breaking Bad - BB was a very plot driven show, while BCS is almost entirely character driven. The plot is secondary to the character growth - the plot is just kind of along for the ride.

I wouldn't expect any real plot resolution or advancement in the finale. That's not really the point of the show.
Thanks given by:
I like the writing...really interested to see how things unfold between Chuck and Jimmy...and whether Kim ends up as collateral damage, bringing the emergence of Saul Goodman. I don't think we get Saul Goodman until Kim is completely out of the picture.

There are probably many who want Hector dead. We know Mike is trying to off him and Hector killed Gus' partner.

We also know Gus and Mike form a very solid working relationship...will this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship?
Thanks given by: