Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better Call Saul - Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!)
BCS is sort of like BB.
Both have two separate 'worlds'. Jimmy's and Mike's; Jesse's and Walt's.
It's when worlds collide that make them interesting.

It'll be more interesting to see how long they can milk the show before it collides with the BB timeline. Or will they intersect?
"Sheeeeeeeee-it" ~ Senator Clay Davis

Thanks given by:
(2016-04-20, 11:06 AM)Cornholio Wrote: .

It'll be more interesting to see how long they can milk the show before it collides with the BB timeline. Or will they intersect?

Yes, that will be very interesting.  Where are Chuck and Kim during the events of Breaking Bad?  Are they still in Jimmy's life?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's sort of strange. If the end points of the series are Jimmy turning full blown Saul and Mike becoming a stone cold killer, they are quite close to that now.

Thanks given by:
There are rumours that the final season might be a post-BB Jimmy/Saul/Gene. I'm not sure that would be a great idea though - there's really only one possible end to that, and I'm not sure it would fit in BCS's arc.
Thanks given by:
Gilligan said something about that, or at least didn't rule out the possibility of jumping past the BB timeline. Gene is certainly a loose end (along with Jesse) in the way BB ended.

Thanks given by:
the two things this series has going for it

1/it all takes place in a relatively small amount of time. 6 seasons of BB was what? 2 years total time? So how long has passed in the BCS world thus far? a couple months? Helps with not rushing it.

2/ Saul didn't come into the BB world til half way thru season 2 so the two worlds could occur simultaneously and not mess the overall storyline
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
Looks like there's going to be a lot more Jimmy v. Chuck drama in season three. I don't know how I feel about that.

Also: the FRINGSBACK anagram was planned, and Gould and Gilligan all but admit Fring was behind the 'Don't' message.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/better-call-sau...21327.html

Thanks given by:
Finally caught up on all the episodes. I'm not sure what you're talking about fogtown (like most your posts Wink ) but I am really liking the show. I'd almost say that I am enjoying it more in the first 2 seasons than I did of BB in the first 2 seasons. I like all the characters and there isn't very many dull scenes IMO. I think it being a spinoff of BB really helps, but I think if show started on it's own it would be just as good.

It will be interesting to see the events coming between Jimmy and Chuck. Obviously, something happens that prevents Chuck from outing Jimmy and sending him to jail. Will it be by Chuck's actions, or will Jimmy somehow steal the tape, or will Chuck's house burn down taking the tape with it, or will Chuck die (I'm guessing as a result of Jimmy's actions), etc.? I suspect the latter.

And how can you not love Mike's character and story line? I like how they made everyone (at least I assume) think that it was Mike that must have crippled Hector and it was going to be with that shot. Then all of a sudden it went in a different direction. One thing I am curious about is how Stacey is going to play into thing. We know she is still around in the BB timeline, but she seems awfully fishy with the way she is pulling Mike's chain to get him pay for their stuff. It will be interesting to see what her motives are, if any. I also had a theory that Stacey and Lydia were related (sisters?) somehow (they kind of look alike) but I don't think that works because when Mike was going to kill Lydia (multiple times) you would think she would have said something about their relationship.

I think that would be great if they somehow mingled season 1-2 of BB into season 4-5 of BCS. I don't know if it would be a good idea to have the whole final season post-BB but I think it would be good to have some episodes in the final season.
Thanks given by:
Yup, that would be a good series conclusion. Forlorn Gene reaches out to Kim, and walks into the FBI trap.
Jimmy/Saul/Gene sits in a prison cell... fade to black.

Thanks given by:
My take...it's too bad Newhart already used the dream idea...wouldn't it have been fun to see Walt wake up with the revelation that it was all just a dream?

My best guess...Jimmy, as cinabon Gene, is in witness protection after cutting a deal and giving evidence.  The nature of the evidence??

I can't imagine giving a larger role to Mike's neurotic daughter.  

What to do with Mike?  Final scene....Back in the parking lot toll booth, when Kim rolls up, wearing a flamboyant ensemble, in Jimmy's old beater....exact change please.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Mike will be dead, Arsenal.

or is he?

ooooooooooOOOOOoooooooo
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
What's left of Mike is floating in a barrel of hydrofluoric acid at the end of BrBa.
In BCS, he'll be the head of 'security' of the Los Pollos Hermanos fast food chain very soon, not working as a parking attendant.

As another alternate ending, I could see Pinkman wandering into the Cinnabon by chance, making a scene, and getting both Goodman and himself arrested. lol

Thanks given by:
Look what popped-up on youtube yesterday. A little preview of season 3 perhaps? Cool

Thanks given by: Cornholio
I hope so.....I actually forgot about this series as it has been a while.
Thanks given by:
Season three had better pick it up.
I though seasons 3 & 4 were the best of the bunch from Breaking Bad, so maybe BCS will follow suit.
Thanks given by:
Season 3 premieres on April 10

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/14/amc-better-c...ow_twitter
Thanks given by: MisterZ
I'm currently going through season 2 with a fine tooth comb.
Kim Wexler came from a small town on the Nebraska/Kansas border. Saul Goodman ended up in Omaha.
Interesting.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:59 PM)Cornholio Wrote: Season three had better pick it up.
I though seasons 3 & 4 were the best of the bunch from Breaking Bad, so maybe BCS will follow suit.

With Gus Fring showing up, I think it's safe to say that season 3 is going to be awesome.
Thanks given by: