Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Mirror
If you haven't seen this on Netflix you're missing out. It's some of the best near-future dystopian sci-fi I've ever seen. They tend to be pretty dark in theme and tone, always about the darker side of how current technology impacts society. You may want to have a comedy ready to watch afterwards as a pick-me-up.

It's an anthology show; every episode is an independent story with different characters and setting. The first two seasons were BBC. Netflix funded season 3 and the upcoming season 4. Being an anthology show you can watch them in any order.

Some of my observations about a few episodes:

S03E03 - "Shut Up and Dance" - This one is super disturbing, partly because I think it's the only episode that doesn't rely on any sci-fi or fictional technology. It could very believably happen today. 

S03E04 - "San Junipero" - In the shortlist for one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen in my life.

S02E03 - "The Waldo Moment" - Amazing how they predicted Trump three years ago.
Thanks given by:
Sweet. I look forward to all of this.

I may as well just call Tek Savvy now and get the unlimited package. Netflix couldn't be more perfect for my work days.

We started with 150GB...We didn't have Netflix. Last week I called and got 400GB plus Netflix.

But at the rate I'm going, I'll blow that out half way through the month.

So much good stuff already.

Narcos, The Fall, Bloodlines, shows for my daughter, etc...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
This is a really cool show.

Two episodes in and it reminds me of Night Gallery, which I watched religiously many moons ago.
Thanks given by:
I guess I must be watching Season 3. I haven't seen seasons 1 and 2.

I find it a bit depressing. It reminds me a little of some discussions I have with my wife, who has always been very afraid of the future (prophetic maybe?). Whenever we have ever gotten into discussions about the future possibilities, her mind always goes to the worst possible thing that could happen.
In a couple of episodes I feel like I'm just seeing a dramatisation of something she predicted years ago.
Thanks given by:
Yes the show is pretty dark and bleak. There are a few exceptions, the "San Junipero" episode was a pick-me-up after the horribly depressing "Shut Up and Dance".
Thanks given by:
I started on season one, episode one..

Yikes, the acting is atrocious. I'm hoping it gets better.

Thanks given by:
Start in season 3 and work your way back. Season 3 episode 1 is a really good intro.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good. I'll try that instead.

Thanks given by:
So, never the same actors, etc? Like Twilight zone?
Thanks given by:
Correct.
Thanks given by:
That might be a hard sell for the wife, who is already not too crazy about sci-fi.. but I'm intrigued.
Thanks given by:
Show her season 3 episode 1. It's a good intro into the series' themes while not being too dark, it's funny, probably very relatable if your wife uses social media.

Episode 2 is like a horror - thriller with a dark twist at the end (that's not really a spoiler, most episodes have a dark twist). But it's still not too serious.

Episode 3 is where shit gets real.
Thanks given by:
I just realized that S3 is where I started too. Must be the default because I don't remember doing that on purpose.
Thanks given by:
It is...
And then I realized where I was and went back.

Now back again...

Thanks given by:
There and back again.

You ARE a hobbit..
Thanks given by: