Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CL and Europa league knockout stages
Juve, Monaco, Madrid, and Atletico

My hopes?

Monaco v Atletico

Juve v Madrid
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 02:17 PM)encore Wrote: Were Monaco even favoured to make it out of their CL group? Looking good to advance to the SFs right now

No they were not, by most they were predicted to finish last.  But predictions are always tough in August. 

Do you know they are joint tied with PSG in League 1?  They've scored 21 more goals than PSG (90 total) and conceded only four more (27 total)....this stat is absolutely staggering.  Even more so is they have three players in the top scorers and Falcao has the most at 18, which isn't much relatively speaking so you can tell how good they are as a team.  A phenomenal team on paper and in real life.  

Did you also know that they've brought a good majority of their players through the youth system?  The majority of their game breakers are 19-24.  About five of the best young French players you will surely hear of this summer and beyond, play for Monaco. 

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens this summer.  Mbappe, Bernanrdo Silva, Mendy, Fabinho are all linked with everyone for many millions.
Thanks given by:
...and with a stadium capacity of under 20,000, and an average home attendance under 10,000, it's easy to imagine their young and very talented youngsters will be sold off one piece at a time.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Absolutely. The owner is super shady (owns his players via TPO's, tried to relieve the financial burden on the club by getting into weird player deals with Mendes, Killed people allegedly) and is an all around dirty Russian.
Thanks given by:
hunhhhhhhhhgggggggg......what a pass by dat waste of money Pogba.  A shitty drag back to avoid the tackle as well. Garbage.
Thanks given by:
1-1, Pogba lost his marker?
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
You're not serious are you?
Thanks given by:
Extras...United have a lot of injuries. Rojo done.

Zlatan looks to have done his knee right at the end of time. ACL? Looked Zouma-ish.
Thanks given by:
Extra Time...
Rashford with a rabona cross to Pogba with the bicycle finish (cleared and likely not on target). Would have been an unreal winner.
Thanks given by:
Also Zlatan off for Martial...done his knee it seems.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that was ugly for Zlatan. With that said, you've gotta figure both Martial and Rashford will be chomping at the bit to be the #9. Martial looked dangerous on the ball, and Rashford, what more can we say about that kid? He's going to be special (more than he already is)

Game should have been long over, Rash had a ball put in, very clearly onside (like a good few feet onside), that he gets flagged for. Their keeper in the first 20 minutes played at a Neuer, De Gea and their ilk level. Could have easily been 3 or 4 nil in the first half of the first half.
Thanks given by:
Real pity about Ibra. That could well be an ACL and almost certainly, even if it isn't, season ending.
Thanks given by:
United get Celta Vigo, Ajax and Lyon!

My hope is an Ajax v United final. I got some love for Ajax, so even with a United loss, I wouldn't be as mad as if they'd lost to say, Lyon, or Vigo.
Thanks given by:
I might be one of the few that thought Martial was shit. Sure, with the ball he's fine, but he walks when it's not at his feet. That's the reason he's not in the team. Needs to do much better next season, assuming he's still here (I doubt he will be sold).
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 12:52 PM)Busby Wrote: I might be one of the few that thought Martial was shit.  Sure, with the ball he's fine, but he walks when it's not at his feet.  That's the reason he's not in the team.  Needs to do much better next season, assuming he's still here (I doubt he will be sold).

To be fair, I did say "On the ball", he almost looks disinterested without it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah totally. I knew what you meant, sorry.

Jose doesn't like to see "disinterested without the ball". Me neither.

Also......Zlatan.
Thanks given by: