Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada vs France
Olympic Qualifier. Winner qualifies for August's Men's Basketball Tournament. 

Currently 11-9 Canada.

We're missing some very key players (Wiggins, Stauskas, Olynyk to name a few), and France has Parker, Diaw, and Batum to name a few. 

No doubt we're the underdogs.

Go Canada!
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
Cory Joseph is killing it for Canada.

18-15 Canada
Thanks given by:
Whoa - I was looking for this game last night and the guide said it was in tonight. I guess that is a repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-10, 08:08 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Whoa - I was looking for this game last night and the guide said it was in tonight.  I guess that is a repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on TSN2.

Tristan with the big slam.

20-18 Canada 3 minutes left in the first
Thanks given by:
Thanks.

FYI, Encore, my wife is still obsessed with trying to figure out "who you are" in the running world. As I've shared, she is a big runner, life goal is to qualify for Boston and she "follows running".
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-10, 08:12 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Thanks.

FYI, Encore, my wife is still obsessed with trying to figure out "who you are" in the running world.  As I've shared, she is a big runner, life goal is to qualify for Boston and she "follows running".

Honestly, I'm doubting she has heard of me. I would be impressed and flattered if she had. I've raced against and trained with a lot of big names she may have heard of though (Reid Coolsaet, Eric Gillis, Rob Watson)
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-10, 08:25 AM)encore Wrote:

FYI, Encore, my wife is still obsessed with trying to figure out "who you are" in the running world.  As I've shared, she is a big runner, life goal is to qualify for Boston and she "follows running".

Honestly, I'm doubting she has heard of me. I would be impressed and flattered if she had. I've raced against and trained with a lot of big names she may have heard of though (Reid Coolsaet, Eric Gillis, Rob Watson)

Yes, I know you have - you had mentioned some runners you had trained with (and considered friends) in an earlier thread and she was ultra-impressed!
Thanks given by:
Canada having an excellent second quarter as it's 36-36 with just 30 seconds left in the half
Thanks given by:
39-36 France at half. Canada with a chance.
Thanks given by:
Canada facing some adversity, down 10 and just like that an Ennis 3 and a Joseph mid range shot and it's a 5 point game
Thanks given by:
Down goes Canada. That means to Olympics for our men's basketball team.
Thanks given by:
Too bad, but I think 2020 is really the time for Canada basketball. I would hope at that point they're contending for a medal.
Thanks given by:

FYI, Encore, my wife is still obsessed with trying to figure out "who you are" in the running world. As I've shared, she is a big runner, life goal is to qualify for Boston and she "follows running".
I was actually able to figure that out when we were all posting on the Sportsnet board.
Encore gave out his home town, his approx age, and his time @ Boston. I just looked it up on Boston results table.

I remember it was a smoking time at around 2:20 and he was in his late teens then. Have forgotten the name, so don't sweat it Encore. lol
Thanks given by:
Ahhhh, 2:20 - I did run a half marathon in 1:53 and change in my early 30s - that's the same, right?
Thanks given by:
Boy they could have used a shooter. too bad and Stauskas couldn't bother.
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
Why wasn't Wiggins playing?
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-10, 04:14 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Why wasn't Wiggins playing?

Training for next season and trying to impress his new coach, Tim Thibodeau I believe.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Wiggins and Stauskas decided to not bother. There will always be a reason not too for some. Mad respect to players like Joseph and Thompson who came off long playoff runs and still made the effort
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-11, 03:32 PM)bodisthava Wrote: Yeah Wiggins and Stauskas decided to not bother. There will always be a reason not too for some. Mad respect to players like Joseph and Thompson who came off long playoff runs and still made the effort

Kelly Olynyk is recovering from shoulder surgery but he said he would have been there if he was healthy. I can understand if an NBA player doesn't have a contract for next season and doesn't want to jeopardize his chance of getting a contract otherwise there is no excuse. These guys play pickup games to stay in shape over the summer  and of course the gym work with weights but won't play for the country to do the very same to stay in shape? 

Joseph was GREAT and no other Canadian player played more basketball this past season than Thompson who could have used the "I am tired" excuse. Kudos to both guys. Look at France with their NBA contingent who showed up to play. With Tony Parker leading that group and one could understand if he wanted to rest his aging body a bit more but he showed up for his country.

Really disappointed in the guys who could have showed up but didn't.
Thanks given by: