Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canucks Claim Reid Boucher
As per....

http://canucksarmy.com/2017/1/4/canucks-...on-waivers

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Future

In the third year of his original three-year entry-level contract with New Jersey, Boucher has shuttled between the Devils and AHL affiliate Albany in 2015-16. One of several young forwards in the Devils' organization looking to earn a full-time NHL spot, the 22-year-old is a gifted offensive player but continues to work on consistency in all three zones. Long-term he projects as a second or third line forward capable of chipping in offensively for a franchise sorely in need of scoring.

Looks like he's found a home.  Wink

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/r...lzYzEd0.99
Thanks given by:
Ray Ferraro said he has a great set of hands. He's an average skater, not bad but not great.

Nobody can claim that Benning paid too much on this one Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 04:55 PM)topgun Wrote: Ray Ferraro said he has a great set of hands. He's an average skater, not bad but not great.

Nobody can claim that Benning paid too much on this one Wink

We will see... hahahaha

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Boucher likely will not be sent to Utica since he requires waivers. To make room for him on the big club the Canucks will probably be sending someone else down. I believe that Gaunce is the only waiver-exempt forward with the club now, so if he doesn't go, the Canucks could possibly lose someone to waivers in a demotion to the Comets.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 05:05 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Boucher likely will not be sent to Utica since he requires waivers. To make room for him on the big club the Canucks will probably be sending someone else down.  I believe that Gaunce is the only waiver-exempt forward with the club now, so if he doesn't go, the Canucks could possibly lose someone to waivers in a demotion to the Comets.

I think Chaput and Megna are exempt as well*

Yes, he has to be on our roster or we have to waive him to send him down to the A
Thanks given by:
Chaput and Megna went through waivers in October, so I believe they would have to go through waivers again. As to whether they would get picked up, who knows?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 06:17 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Chaput and Megna went through waivers in October, so I believe they would have to go through waivers again. As to whether they would get picked up, who knows?

Stecher did as well. They changed the rules in the last CBA. Now you have to play a certain number of games at the NHL level on a call up before the player needs to waived again to send him to the AHL otherwise they are waiver exempt.
Thanks given by:
From Carol Schram, Hockey Buzz;

Boucher will arrive in Vancouver today, but won't be ready to play tonight.

CapFriendly shows that the acquisition fits easily into the Canucks' 50-contract limit, putting them at 46, but it puts the team one player over the 23-man roster limit.

That shouldn't be a problem; Jannik Hansen can be placed on injured reserve for the time being.

If the team does find that it needs to shuffle someone down to Utica at some point, Brendan Gaunce is the easiest choice.

Ryan Biech @ryanbiech
Gaunce is the only forward that can be assigned to Utica without having to clear waivers - Chaput/Megna would have to be waived to go down.
9:31 AM - 4 Jan 2017
Thanks given by:
Thanks, trap!
Thanks given by:
I stand corrected. You were right Ab on Chaput and Megna.

Thanks for the update Trap
Thanks given by:
Oh, btw: "Reid" from the Old English for "red", and "Boucher" from the French for "butcher".

Now we have "Red Butcher" on our roster!
Thanks given by:
This will be the 3rd Butcher associated with our franchise. We drafted Matt son of Garth "The Strangler" Butcher who we also drafted..
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 06:38 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 06:17 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Chaput and Megna went through waivers in October, so I believe they would have to go through waivers again. As to whether they would get picked up, who knows?

Stecher did as well. They changed the rules in the last CBA. Now you have to play a certain number of games at the NHL level on a call up before the player needs to waived again to send him to the AHL otherwise they are waiver exempt.

30 calendar days or 10 NHL games at the NHL level, whichever occurs first.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: topgun
CLAIM NIETO, Foo!!!!
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: