Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Connor....
Guy deserves his own thread.

Unbelievably special player and having grown up watching some amazing Oilers in my time, he is without question up there with some of the very best

82 points on his first 70 games and only 19
Leading the NHL in scoring as a 19 year old

15 points in his last 7 games so he's actually getting better (hahaha)

Trailing only Gretzky as all time oilers with most points in their first 70 games. (Gretz had 115)

Has more GWG through his first 70 games then any oiler with 8. Next best is Gretz with 5.

With three assists against the Jets in Winnipeg on Thursday, McDavid had his league-leading 10th multi-point game of the season and his sixth three-point night. Nobody else has had more than three.

Again... he's a 70 game pro - hasn't even played an entire season yet.... let that really sink in folks.....

We are so lucky to have him and if I had one piece of advice for those that were too young or not even born during the dynasty years, enjoy every moment - take it in - really watch . He's special .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by: Isaia
You almost expect him to score every time he is on the ice.

The fastest first three strides in hockey in my lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
My Dad was physically present at Northlands for 4 Stanley Cup victories. He said its impossible to compare Connor to the likes of 99 given how different the game is but he does say that he's at the same kind of level of special.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-03, 12:31 PM)Pouzar Wrote: My Dad was physically present at Northlands for 4 Stanley Cup victories. He said its impossible to compare Connor to the likes of 99 given how different the game is but he does say that he's at the same kind of level of special.

Family had seasons from Day 1 and I've seen more games and milestones in person then I can count - only saw one cup in person though.

I'd agree with your dad. Can't truly compare but definitely in the same special conversations as any of the dynasty.

Thanks given by:
He's been alright I guess.
Thanks given by:
I suspect you guys understand why the entire city of Toronto had a shit fit when you won the lottery.

He's ***** unbelievable.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
And he's only going to get better.

That's the scary part.
Thanks given by:
I'd give him a C+... I think that's fair.
Thanks given by:
I like JPJJ but could you imagine if we didn't fall in the draft and had Laine getting pucks tee'd up by Connor?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-03, 08:50 PM)kango Wrote: I like JPJJ but could you imagine if we didn't fall in the draft and had Laine getting pucks tee'd up by Connor?

Yeah, I've been lamenting that lottery loss all season.  He's exactly the player needed on Connor's wing, that would have been something special.  He also looks pretty good as a forward on the PP point, something we lack in our organization.
Thanks given by:
Connor's dope!  We could have 2 trophy winners this year!

Art Ross winner & of course Nuge winning the Selke for his defensive prowess Wink
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-03, 09:05 PM)CTS Wrote: Connor's dope!  We could have 2 trophy winners this year!

Art Ross winner & of course Nuge winning the Selke for his defensive prowess Wink

Love the attitude.

Thanks given by:
O4E goes and jinxes him Wink. Starts a thread and breaks his point streak. Booooo
Thanks given by:
Tough game for Connor tonight - entire first line didn't do much (except Leon with the OT goal, of course).
Thanks given by:
We've been waiting for secondary scoring.
Thanks given by:
We've received secondary scoring all year long

The team is leading the Pacific Conference in goals - a 6 goal lead on team #2 - you don't do that without secondary scoring, notwithstanding Connor McDavid.
Thanks given by:
With Connor figuring in on very close to 50 percent of the scoring I feel the secondary scoring can be better.

With rnh no where near his usual shooting percentage the Oilers have been fortunate with the emergence of pitlick.
Thanks given by:
Pitlick hasn't really contributed to the offence since 2 weeks into the season.

To your point, of course it could be better but this team has scored a lot of goals this year and that is with both Nuge and Poo having slow offensive starts - below their career norms.

This, again, is a wonderful thing.

Thanks given by:
Did I read that correctly? Connor had 15 points during his 7 game point streak?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-04, 02:02 PM)CTS Wrote: Did I read that correctly? Connor had 15 points during his 7 game point streak?

Yup.

Thanks given by: