Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor McGregor
Is he for real? Are you buying into the hype, or is he just a big mouth leprechaun?

I get that he's trying to hype his fights, Ala Chael Sonnen, but he's so damn disrespectful to his opponents!

I can't wait to see Aldo smash him.
Thanks given by:
It's interesting. There's a happy medium that all athletes seem to have to find, right? I mean athletes who speak in clichés are deemed boring. Athletes who speak their mind are deemed cocky and ignorant. Like I said, the medium I guess lies somewhere in the middle, and it's up to them to find it.

As for if he is real? I enjoy the hell out of his fights. BUT, I won't (or can't) comment on how real he is until I see this Aldo fight.
Thanks given by:
I was hoping to see Mendes get a hold of him first as he does not deserve a shot at Aldo yet

he is very entertaining I will give him that
Thanks given by:
Ya, he's definitely entertaining. If he can back it up, more power to him, but it still rubs me the wrong way how he's constantly dissing everyone in the division! I know most of it is an act and he's a great self promoter. Watching him get KTFO will be good. Whether it's at the hands of Aldo or someone else, it's bound to happen at some point.

If he beats Aldo, then I'll be convinced he's for real, but Aldo is a totally different animal. I used to dislike Jones too, but I've grown to admire him because he's so damn good.

McGregor is bringing some much needed hype & attention to the UFC right now, which they could sure use after a lack luster 2014
Thanks given by:
Agreed on that last point, CTS. Either way this is a boom for UFC. Either those who enjoy him will buy the Pay-Per-View to see him win and be able to brag about it, or those who loathe him will gladly pay the cash to watch him get his head knocked off.

If I recall, that's basically why the events featuring Lesnar had such big buyrates.
Thanks given by:
he's a very "long" guy for a 145 pounder and hits hard

Aldo leg kicks will have him yelping
Thanks given by:
All hype. Aldo would destroy him. He's pretty entertaining though, i give him that.
Thanks given by:
I Hope Dana reconsiders doing it in Ireland in front of 90,000 people.
Or have a hell of a lot more security. like 100,000 of them.

Or just do it in an arena and not a stadium. When Aldo wins (more so if its a split decision). That'll be a lot pissed off Irishmen.
Thanks given by:
Haven't seen him enough, or at all for that matter, to really comment other than Aldo would be a serious step up in competition compared to who he's faced thus far.
Thanks given by:
I really like McGregor, but Aldo is a beast. I really think Aldo will win this. He's huge for his weight class, has fast strikes, throws in bunches and hits and kicks with huge power. Having said that, I thought Barao was unbeatable as well.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Thanks given by:
Looks like he gets Aldo at UFC 189...July 11 in Vegas
Thanks given by:
What happened to May long weekend? I'm sure Aldo will get injured before the fight. He's been one of the most injury prone fighters. Now today Weidman get injured.

Hope this isn't turning into 2014 all over
Thanks given by:
Aldo is a beast, I can agree with that. But I think there is something special about McGregor. I think he's the real deal, and I think he walks away from that fight the new champ.
Thanks given by:
Anyone see the World press tour to hype this fight? McGregor looks ridiculous! He's STILL trying to bully & intimidate Aldo with his WWE /

Chael Sonnen schtik. Give it up already. IMO, that's a sign of weakness, mental game. Connor was visibly shaking in the stare down,

while Aldo was calm, cool & collected.... almost like a serial killer. Aldo is a stone cold killer from the Flavella's! Can't wait to see him

get his hands on McGregor. On the off chance MvGregor does win, he'll have to face wrestlers. Mendes, Edgar, 2 losses right there
Thanks given by:
And Aldo's rib injury has forced him out of the fight!   Very disappointing, but at least the UFC had the wherewithal to to have Chad Mendes as a replacement to face McGregor for the interim title.  This could be an even tougher fight for McGregor IMO.  He's never faced a wrestler like Mendes before.
Thanks given by:
Mendes is going to walk all over him same as Aldo would have or Edger would have

Conner is going to get beat by Mendes and never get a title shot after that, his 1 time chance is gone.

Not a big Mendes fan(his whole crew is douchey) but watching anybody beat up Conner should be a good watch.
Thanks given by:
I can't wait for McGregor to KO Mendes! lol Watch all you guys lose your shit!
Thanks given by:
can't KO him from his back, and that's where Mendes will put him right off the bat

Can Conner strike? you bet he can but he can't wrestle and he will get exposed by a very good wrestler

Mendes will have zero intention of throwing bombs with him, going to see some good ole ground and pound
Thanks given by:
I don't like McGregor by any means, but I'm not terribly interested in seeing Aldo / Mendes 3 either.  I wouldn't mind seeing McGregor win just so we can hopefully see him & Aldo finally throw down.  Nothing is ever certain with Aldo however, guy is consistently pulling out of fights
Thanks given by:
(2015-07-02, 05:42 PM)Bong13 Wrote: can't KO him from his back, and that's where Mendes will put him right off the bat

Can Conner strike? you bet he can but he can't wrestle and he will get exposed by a very good wrestler

Mendes will have zero intention of throwing bombs with him, going to see some good ole ground and pound

Can Mendes get close enough and stay awake? I'm not so sure. I think he goes in for a take down and catches a knee.

I also don't really get the hate for him. He talks a big game, sure, but he's yet to not back it up. "I will KO this guy in the First round"... and... KO RD 1. When he's hyping a fight, he's pretty ridiculous, but from what I've seen, he works his ass off, he's actually quite a nice guy to people, and after every fight, he's quite respectful to the other fighter. (Recent exception to that was going at Aldo)
Thanks given by: