Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor McGregor
(2015-12-07, 10:12 PM)JasonNorin Wrote: In my opinion, Conor have a lot at stake at UFC 194 compared to Aldo. He needs to prove that he is more than just a trash talking machine. If Aldo would beat him on Saturday, then all his trash talks before the fight would make no sense at all. That makes UFC 194 really exciting.

He's walked through everyone else in the division worth fighting, not being able to beat Aldo doesn't change that. His trash talking has been more than backed up with his performances. 

Losing to Aldo doesn't prove that he's just a trash talking machine. It just proves that, on the night, Aldo was better.
Thanks given by:
Don't know if the IV ban will effect either fighter, but Connor looked like DEATH at todays weigh ins.  Cheeks & eyes all sunken in like a skeleton.  

Here's hoping Aldo knocks Connor the f*** out!
Thanks given by:
Holy crap! Aldo hadn't lost in 10 years and he gets knocked out in less than 10 seconds!

McGregor is like the Floyd Mayweather of UFC. He talks a lot of crap but he also backs it up lol. Difference is, unlike Mayweather, McGregor is a pretty exciting fighter to watch.

Thanks given by:
1 punch KO win for Conor. Insane.
Thanks given by:
Ugh, pissed that McGregor won but he earned it. Shame on Aldo for being reckless. He gave McGregor an opening who capitalized on it.
Thanks given by:
Wow, that was something. McGregor plans to move to Lightweight. Dana says he'll get an immediate title shot between winner of Cerrone - RDA. His trainer says he can't make 145 lb. weight limit again, but Connor says he would. Wants to hold 2 belts & defend them both, because unlike other champions, he stays active.

Aldo isn't worthy of an immediate rematch, but then again, neither is Rousey or Cain, but they're getting rematches.

Some great fights at LW for McGregor. He's to big for the FW division
Thanks given by:
(2015-11-25, 04:07 PM)theDC Wrote: Calling it now, McGregor with a 3rd round KO.

I HATE being wrong... about the round in which things are going to happen. Silly
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-11, 08:37 PM)CTS Wrote: Don't know if the IV ban will effect either fighter, but Connor looked like DEATH at todays weigh ins.  Cheeks & eyes all sunken in like a skeleton.  

the champion of ONE died during his weight cut last week.

I say have weigh- ins on fight day
Thanks given by:
(2015-12-16, 10:04 PM)Bong13 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 08:37 PM)CTS Wrote: Don't know if the IV ban will effect either fighter, but Connor looked like DEATH at todays weigh ins.  Cheeks & eyes all sunken in like a skeleton.  

the champion of ONE died during his weight cut last week.

I say have weigh- ins on fight day

that's one thing I have never understood about pro fighting..? you have to be at a certain weight to fight in that class but you are allowed to bulk up right after the weigh-ins and on fight day you are nowhere near the targeted weight..? silly
Thanks given by:
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/rafael-dos-...7-in-march

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/11/107...-white-mma

McGregor will indeed move up a weight class & fight Rafael Dos Anjos next for the 155 lb. title.    He also "reportedly"  held out for more $, hence the delay in the UFC announcing this fight.  It was supposed to be announced last Sunday during the football game.

Will be a very interesting fight.  McGregor has done everything he said he would do to date, so I'm not counting him out.  Hopefully RDA doesn't get caught up in McGregor's trash talk.
Thanks given by:
Remember when Aldo said he'd destroy McGregor? Yeah... that was funny! Silly
Thanks given by:
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/report-rafa...roken-foot

Dos Anjos out of super fight with McGregor after breaking his foot!!!  Bullshit!  The UFC has to start fining these idiots who are going full out in training so close to the fight.  I was super stoked for this.   3 -4 weeks out from the fight, stop going full contact in sparing. OR, have another fighter on stand by, like they do in the Bellator tournaments and like Pride used to do

Cowboy Cerrone has offered to step up.  That would be awesome, would also like to see Nate Diaz step up.  I think McGregor beats either one of those

Goddamn you RDA!
Thanks given by:
Two from the same camp. First Werdum now RDA. The UFC is a joke.

They need to start putting a clause in that you are not allowed to do full contact and if you do it and get hurt do not only do you get fined but you forfeit your title.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it will be one of Cerrone or Diaz. Either will be entertaining. Dissapointed it won't be Dos Anjos. Was really hoping McGregor would knock him out then face Lawler at UFC 200 to win a 3rd belt in 3 weight divisions. This maybe if McGregor wins they move a Dos Anjos/McGregor fight to UFC 200.

I feel bad for Connor as he keeps doing all these media tours and getting shafted 2 weeks from the fight. If he beats a Cerrone or Diaz they have the built in excuse of a short prep time.
Thanks given by:
Would like to see Diaz get the fight, 2 mouth pieces would be entertaining

diaz with the win
Thanks given by:
looks like its Diaz
Thanks given by:
Yes it's McGregor vs. Diaz at Welterweight.  That's good news for Diaz.  He won't be super drawn out on less than 2 weeks notice.

Jose Aldo, for all his pissing & moaning about how he's not fighting unless he gets a rematch and how he's ready to fight anytime, anywhere was offered the fight & turned it down. Frankie Edgar also turned the fight down. Claims he's injured. So the 2 biggest whiners about not getting a shot at McGregor both turned the fight down?!

Cowboy & BJ Penn offered to fight McGregor though.

I'm starting to become a McGregor fan. This guy has huge balls! He'll fight anyone, anytime, any weight. Aldo, Jones and a whole slew of fighters should take notice of this. Bunch of p*****s
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-23, 11:29 PM)CTS Wrote: Yes it's McGregor vs. Diaz at Welterweight.  That's good news for Diaz.  He won't be super drawn out on less than 2 weeks notice.

Thats about the only good news for Nate. Mcgregor is going to destroy him.
Thanks given by:
Diaz, IMO, is going to smash him. He's a very unique fighter, and tough as hell. He won't be stopped by a little guy, and while he only love taps for the most part, those taps HAVE KO'd guys.

Plus, if it gets to the ground (and it will), how the hell is McGregor going to control that with such a massive weight and skill difference.
Thanks given by:
It will be very interesting to see how McGregor does against a taller, longer fighter. Hopefully Diaz doesn't gas. Diaz also has a good chin. I like both fighters, but I still want to see McGregor fight RDA. What happens if he loses to Diaz? There were rumblings that if McGregor beat RDA, he would face Robbie Lawler next to challenge for the WW belt!

These fighters are also gonna be together today in California. Expect some great sound bites!
Thanks given by: