Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor McGregor
Disappointing news, I was looking forward to this. I'm glad he that Aldo isn't taking the rematch on short notice. Connor has been eating for the heavier weight, it would have been hard for him to get back down to flyweight and there would probably be excuses for the loser. If it's Diaz I just wish there could have been more time for the shit talk to fly.
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-24, 12:30 PM)CTS Wrote: It will be very interesting to see how McGregor does against a taller, longer fighter. Hopefully Diaz doesn't gas. Diaz also has a good chin. I like both fighters, but I still want to see McGregor fight RDA. What happens if he loses to Diaz? There were rumblings that if McGregor beat RDA, he would face Robbie Lawler next to challenge for the WW belt!

These fighters are also gonna be together today in California. Expect some great sound bites!

He needs to defend his title at 145 or give it up after the Diaz fight.
Thanks given by:
Lol

Thanks given by:
McGregor threw a punch that landed right on Diaz's hand at the stare down yesterday.  There's been some rumblings that Diaz may have in fact injured his hand.  That's a total bitch move by McGregor. He should be fined, but he won't be.  Can't wait to see what happens today at the actual weigh ins.  I would like to see Diaz put his fist in McGregor's face again
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-04, 01:49 PM)CTS Wrote: McGregor threw a punch that landed right on Diaz's hand at the stare down yesterday.  There's been some rumblings that Diaz may have in fact injured his hand.  That's a total bitch move by McGregor. He should be fined, but he won't be.  Can't wait to see what happens today at the actual weigh ins.  I would like to see Diaz put his fist in McGregor's face again

your hatred for McGregor is pretty funny..i cannot wait to hear what you have to say tomorrow when Connor punches that thug wannabe so hard he lands in the 3rd  row of the seats.! he may be a bit heavy on the trash talking but he is the real deal and will crush Diaz..anyone remember Rory McDonald picking Diaz up and body slamming him several times in their fight.? I may be wrong but I doubt I will be..see you all tomorrow to discuss further..
Thanks given by:
I don't hate McGregor, I admit I didn't care for his antics at first, but I've grown to admire & respect the hell out of him. I like him a lot.  How can you not? He's  the ONLY fighter in the UFC with balls enough to fight anybody, anytime, anywhere at any weight.

I like Diaz too, but I really want to see how far McGregor can go.  If he wins tonight convincingly, it's Robbie Lawler next.  We're witnessing history here!

I expect McGregor to win, but like the old saying goes. 'Anything can happen in a fight'.
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-05, 06:21 PM)CTS Wrote: I don't hate McGregor, I admit I didn't care for his antics at first, but I've grown to admire & respect the hell out of him.  I like him a lot.  How can you not? He's  the ONLY fighter in the UFC with balls enough to fight anybody, anytime, anywhere at any weight.

I like Diaz too, but I really want to see how far McGregor can go.  If he wins tonight convincingly, it's Robbie Lawler next.  We're witnessing history here!

I expect McGregor to win, but  like the old saying goes.  'Anything can happen in a fight'.

"'Anything can happen in a fight'."...for sure..just ask Ronda Rousey..!

as far as Diaz..i used to be a huge fan of him and Nick but I grew tired of their bullshit trying to act like thugs..they both sound like a couple of illiterate idiots when you hear them talk..Nick should cut out the weed..!

as for Connor..he is like the new GSP(GSP never talked shit) in regards to being a very good fighter that most should fear..i do wonder if GSP will ever comeback and what exactly it was that made him leave..?
Thanks given by:
Interested to see if Diaz' reach plays a part. He definitely got under Conor's skin demonstrating it at the face off. Got him again at the weigh in with the fake that made Conor jump back. Part of me wants to see Diaz shut McGregor up tonight, but with the rumors of McGregor fighting Lawlor if he wins tonight and the rumors of GSP possibly thinking of making a comeback, it could be an amazing scenario if McGregor can keep his roll going.
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-05, 06:35 PM)SNLeafaholic Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 06:21 PM)CTS Wrote: I don't hate McGregor, I admit I didn't care for his antics at first, but I've grown to admire & respect the hell out of him.  I like him a lot.  How can you not? He's  the ONLY fighter in the UFC with balls enough to fight anybody, anytime, anywhere at any weight.

I expect McGregor to win, but  like the old saying goes.  'Anything can happen in a fight'.

"'Anything can happen in a fight'."...for sure..just ask Ronda Rousey..!

as far as Diaz..i used to be a huge fan of him and Nick but I grew tired of their bullshit trying to act like thugs..they both sound like a couple of illiterate idiots when you hear them talk..Nick should cut out the weed..!

as for Connor..he is like the new GSP(GSP never talked shit) in regards to being a very good fighter that most should fear..i do wonder if GSP will ever comeback and what exactly it was that made him leave..?

I got the impression that he felt he was competing against guys that were juicing and that he didn't like the way the UFC handled it.  Maybe he just wanted some time off also.   He reportedly put himself through a mock fight camp recently to see how he felt and assess weather he had the desire to comeback.  People close to him have gone on record saying they think he is going to fight again before too long.
Thanks given by:
MCGREGOR LOSES!  SUBMITS TO CHOKE HOLD!!!
Thanks given by:
lol! McGregor taps out! He quit!
Thanks given by:
what a turnaround...Macgregor was in control early...turning Diaz' face to mush...

first Holm loses....now Macgregor...what a night!
Thanks given by:
Still, big props to McGregor. He stepped up big time, but in the end, there's weight classes for a reason!
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-06, 01:10 AM)CTS Wrote: Still,  big props to McGregor.  He stepped up big time, but in the end, there's weight classes for a reason!

agreed, that was a huge step up for McGregor, he's been humbled a bit

I know this much I wouldn't want to be his next opponent

diaz is so disliked by the crowd I just don't get it he has so much personality I couldn't not root for him in this fight
Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.

Thanks given by:
I kinda feel bad for McGregor.  He's getting mocked relentlessly by other fighters on social media.  Even Aldo called him a pu$$y.  That makes Aldo look like a complete jackass.  

However McGregor showed up to the press conference after the fight, answered every question, took it like a man & didn't make any excuses.  He'll be defending his 145 lb. belt next,  but would still like to try 155.  

McGregor is great for the UFC.  He doesn't back down from a challenge.  All these other like to talk, but McGregor is the only guy taking on all comers.

Hopefully he comes back stronger than ever. The UFC was getting awfully boring the last few years, now it's enjoying a resurgence in popularity from the casual fan, thanks to McGregor
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see McGregor go train with the Diaz brothers, he needs to improve his ground game, and there really isn't a camp that is better. (if they'd take him, I'm only listening to the post fight conference now).

Yeah, he went to ground with a Gracie JJ black belt, a guy who's natural weight is the 170ish (Connor bulked up for this fight), and a guy who has fought some TOUGH strikers. I'm not surprised by the outcome. Had he not gone to ground with him, I think he recovers from the shot he took, and goes on to win a decision. Unfortunately, he did take that shot, and did go to ground.

Lesson learned, and McGregor will be better for it.
Thanks given by:
Respect to McGregor for owning up to getting his ass whooped. However I'm glad that punk finally got smacked for his arrogance. He never backs down from a fight but his trash talking is just stupid. Hopefully he's done with "lion on a gazelle" crap.

Diaz is shown off as an unintelligent dude, but he's very smart and probably one of the most committed guys towards nutrition along with his big bro. Solid fight.
Thanks given by:
(2016-03-07, 12:19 PM)bicboi Wrote: Respect to McGregor for owning up to getting his ass whooped. However I'm glad that punk finally got smacked for his arrogance. He never backs down from a fight but his trash talking is just stupid. Hopefully he's done with "lion on a gazelle" crap.

Diaz is shown off as an unintelligent dude, but he's very smart and probably one of the most committed guys towards nutrition along with his big bro. Solid fight.

No, he's not very smart (he and his brother are knuckle draggers), he's a thug plain and simple... however, he's also a very highly trained BJJ fighter, with some pretty damned good boxing skills. 

Why should he be done with "lion on a gazelle"? He's still one of the most dominant fighters in the game, and he's willing to take anyone on. He's an absolute lion in that sense. And, anyone who refuses to fight, is a gazelle in his eyes. 

Him and Sonnen are awesome! Their gift of trash talking is on par with the best trash talkers in the world,I'd never want him to stop.
Thanks given by:
Tapping out is embarrassing. It's the Ultimate Act of Defeat. Getting knocked out is bad, but BEGGING someone to give you mercy is the most emasculating thing.
Thanks given by:
Now Connor is looking to give Aldo the rematch at UFC 200. Poor Frankie! Gonna get screwed over again by the looks of it
Thanks given by: