Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy and Paste
Have issues paragraphs appear too far apart or not at all and the font is always too small requiring many edits to fix also depending on the link I will need to edit a couple of times to make them work.

Its wasn't an issue before the upgrade/change, is there a fix or trick I can use to fix it? 

Not a big deal just sort of annoying.

Grin
“See the TURTLE, ain't he keen? All things serve the!@#$%^& Beam.”

Thanks given by:
Do these suggestions help at all? http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/T...g-problems

I'm not sure how to fix the line spacing issue since the software automatically adds paragraph code when pasting text in the editor. Not sure if we can even change that.
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-16, 07:06 PM)shadylane Wrote: Do these suggestions help at all? http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/T...g-problems

I'm not sure how to fix the line spacing issue since the software automatically adds paragraph code when pasting text in the editor. Not sure if we can even change that.

I 'll give it a look later thanks.

Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if this will help you and others but in User CP you can click Edit Options from the left and look at the bottom right for "Put the editor in source mode by default". This is unchecked for members I believe. if you check this box the editor will resemble the one we had before the upgrade.
Thanks given by:
A review exploring the RCMP response to Justin Bourque's deadly shooting spree in June in New Brunswick calls for the force to take immediate action to better arm Mounties — one of 64 recommendations that have all been accepted by the RCMP.

The 180-page report, led by retired assistant commissioner Alphonse MacNeil, was released in Moncton on Friday morning, with nine pages redacted for officer safety, including details about the amount of equipment officers have.

The report urges the RCMP to expedite the deployment of patrol carbines across the force, including improved training.
Thanks given by:
Seems to work, Shady.

Thanks for the tip.

Too bad it couldn't' be the default in user CP..
Thanks given by:
I can probably run an SQL query to make that happen. Not sure if everyone would be hip with that, though.
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to think of a scenario where someone wouldn't want to copy and paste anything without having to make these edits afterwards.

That's just me though. I use it a lot. Sometimes to pull something out of an article or something, and often from other posts, like in the football pools.
Thanks given by:
Thing is, when the editor is in source mode any hyperlinks, italics or bold contained in the text copied over here will disappear.

So it's an all-or-nothing deal with regards to formatting.
Thanks given by:
Killed by Bourque were constables Douglas James Larche, 40, Dave Joseph Ross, 32, and Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45. Constables Éric Stéphane J. Dubois and Marie Darlene Goguen were wounded.

RCMP to act on all recommendations in Moncton shooting report
RCMP recommendations will help save lives, says widow
The review found none of the uniformed officers who responded in the early stages of the incident was wearing hard body armour, even though the RCMP had pledged following the 2011 Mayerthorpe inquiry to have body armour (HBA) distributed across the country by March 2012.
Thanks given by:
Every thing seems ok now after a week of no paragraphs showing in CBC stories I copied and pasted over,  just pasted a story about the playstation hacker arrest without issue.

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I see that, Dopp. However what Shady is saying is that if your source material contained any different text formatting, (or hyperlinks like in the example I copied and pasted above), that they would be removed. The text will still be there though.

It's something I'm fine with personally. It won't be a factor for most of what I'll be copying.
Thanks given by:
Even the issue I was having has, well, vanished. Copy n paste from the Sports networks sites is showing up exactly how it reads on the network. So this makes this old, tech challenged guy happy.
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by: