Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyotes at Oilers
We're officially streaking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Great game for that second line - all three of them.

Pouliot was fantastic - both on the PK and at even strength.

Fourth line caused lots or turnovers in the offensive zone.

3rd line was meh.

1st line was poor for many parts of the first 2 periods but was great on the third.

Thanks given by:
I'm very worried about Sekera.

Did he block that with his wrist? Sigh!

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-16, 11:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I'm very worried about Sekera.  

Did he block that with his wrist?  Sigh!

Looked like he might have taken it in the nuts.  Remenda is hilarious: "I think it hit him in the shoulder."

Good call on Pouliot too.  I missed a good chunk of the game, but every time I saw I saw 67, he was doing good things.
Thanks given by:
Pouliot skated miles tonight and made a number of great plays on the PK.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-16, 11:42 PM)Whattagame Wrote:

Looked like he might have taken it in the nuts.  Remenda is hilarious: "I think it hit him in the shoulder."

Good call on Pouliot too.  I missed a good chunk of the game, but every time I saw I saw 67, he was doing good things.

Ouch, he took one to the.... Wee Knee?

Thanks given by:
2 games over .500 now, & starting to win at home... Happy

Keep on keeping on Oil Country..!
x6
Thanks given by:
Excited to see what this team can do down the stretch.

They thoroughly outplayed Arizona (as they should) in the part of the game I watched last night.

Is it bad that I don't know if the playoff format has changed in recent years?  lol
Thanks given by:
It's a little disappointing that, while he's, they did thoroughly outplay the Coyotes (except at the end of periods), they couldn't turn it in to more of a "laugher".

At least they kept that 2 goal lead and were able to roll 4 lines. McDavid only has 18 minutes of ice which is nice.

Thanks given by:

^this is how i'd like to see Poo play if he's not scoring. he worked his ass off last night and was very noticeable as well as not taking any dumb penalties (that i can remember).
Thanks given by:
I will give props when deserved. Pouliot looks like something has switched on in his brain and he looks like he gives a damn which makes me very happy.

Last night it reminded me of when the light went on for Peca, around the same time of year. He checked hard and was dangerous in the offensive zone all night.

Good on that line, they were our best trio on the ice.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-16, 10:40 PM)T.V. Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 10:39 PM)CTS Wrote: Who on the Coyotes could we use come deadline time?

Vrbata?
Doan?

Hanzal...

For sure, but he will probably cost us our 1st?  Is he worth that?
I have the feeling the Oil will look at Vrbata, Iggy ( Yikes), Jagr ( I would love to see him here just because he is Jagr LOL)

Detroit, Colorado, Winnipeg, and Zona seem to be the teams that will be selling it sounds like and maybe Vancouver
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-16, 11:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Slepy has made some very weak offensive plays on rushes/scoring chances this evening.

Yes he did.  He should have let that one rip in the high slot and passed. He does have a wicked snapper and Wrist shot.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully more sellers come on board as we get closer to the deadline and prices get driven down.

I've been for a Hanzal acquisition if the price is reasonable (i.e. does not include our first rounder) but I read something the other day on what of the blog sites that his advanced metrics are very very poor - the one thing he has going for him is a very good faceoff percentage.

I wouldn't get in to a bidding war for him - we don't have the depth of prospects and, frankly, its not like we are a team that is one player away from a cup - but I'd kick tires - he'd be some nice depth.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-17, 09:23 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 11:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Slepy has made some very weak offensive plays on rushes/scoring chances this evening.

Yes he did.  He should have let that one rip in the high slot and passed. He does have a wicked snapper and Wrist shot.

I really like parts of his game - in particular his forechecking but there are parts of his game that could use a bunch of work - such as his play on the rush - odd decisions.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-17, 07:28 AM)OilTastic Wrote:

^this is how i'd like to see Poo play if he's not scoring. he worked his ass off last night and was very noticeable as well as not taking any dumb penalties (that i can remember).

Yup give him credit. He has played very good the last 3 games ( Similar games), where he was working hard. ( No idea where that was the other 39 games).  Keep it up
That line has been good the last 4 games as well.  Eberle needs to bury about 5 in those games.  Hope it comes as it must be frustrating to him.  ( He made #7 on the TSN trade list this AM)

Great win for the boys.

Have to take it to Florida on Wed,  Maybe PCX has a chat regarding Jagr!!!!!  ( LOL I would love to see him here for the rest of the year). Not sure how much the big guy has left in the tank as the numbers have dwindled on him.
I do have the feeling that PC is looking to add a guy like him or Iggy or even Doan that add size on that R side and are not going to cost much more than a 3rd rounder. We do not have a 2nd. He could also look at Vrbata, Parenteau, and Stafford as well as a Patrick Sharp . Some of those guys could be lower picks?

I think he will shop for a
Backup Goalie
Rwer
Maybe a Hard shooter on the D?  ( Maybe not so much right now as he would have in the summer of last)
Thanks given by:
Just read some fantastic news:

Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: