Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 15
That last lap was intense
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-20, 07:23 PM)Fritz Wrote: I have not watched any of the games, just checking in here from time to time, and judging from that, I would suspect we have a record number of 4th place finishes.

I doubt we are close base on the number of bronze we won.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-20, 07:58 PM)Pouzar Wrote: The Canadian, Mohammed Ahmed, got 5th in the 5000m - for a bit there down the stretch he was in fourth and closing on 3rd but fell back - Nice result for him.

Whoa - Ahmed got DQd after the fact.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a 2 women team race between USA and Jamaica in the relay
Thanks given by:
And USA wins again
Thanks given by:
Looks like Canada ended up in 5th or 6th (were in third in the third leg) which is better than expected - good job ladies.
Thanks given by:
Damn, another 4th place for Canada. Watson had good anchor leg for Canada
Thanks given by:
That three 4th place finishes today lol
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-20, 08:17 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Looks like Canada ended up in 5th or 6th (were in third in the third leg) which is better than expected - good job ladies.

Actually, 4th, I guess my eyes are terrible.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't a fan of this blue track in the beginning but pretty fond of it now haha
Thanks given by:
Probably all that Canadian success the past week in track and field influenced me
Thanks given by:
Agree, lots of 4th place. Think the 5K guy got DQed for interfering with the American, who I think was unjustly DQed
Thanks given by:
Yeah the guy who got silver got dq as well. That's gotta hurt especially in the long races
Thanks given by:
Last track event of the Olympics upfoming other than the marathon tomorrow. Hope it's a good one
Thanks given by:
That's it for medals for 2016
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-20, 08:30 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Last track event of the Olympics upfoming other than the marathon tomorrow. Hope it's a good one

Yup, i'm sad - had a great week of watching athletics.

Wife is pumped for the marathon tomorrow - she's a marathon runner.
Thanks given by:
USA men win as well
Thanks given by:
Overall I would think Team Canada would be happy with the results. A couple stars that should mean good things for Canada in Tokyo.

Biggest disappointment must be in the rowing events. Used to be one of our strengths at summer games and we have been reduced to one medal.

Plus as good as it was with de Grasse and Penny, Team Canada probably would have expected too see more individual medalists.
Thanks given by:
We've got some mid-term plans to head to Tokyo and some destinations in the area.

I loved watching the athletics so much this past week them I'm lightly contemplating heading for the 2020 Olympics - maybe the last 4 days or so of the Olympics.

We'll see - we generally hit destinations in off-season because we hate crowds - might not be worth it with how busy it will be.
Thanks given by:
4 years is a long way away. Hopefully we are all still around in 2020
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by: