Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 15
I'm planning on being around and I'm planning on going on adventures every year - I see no reason why we couldn't make this happen if we plan it. 2016 had Buenos Aires for a week and Africa for three weeks. Next year is going to have Israel, Jordan and Egypt for a few weeks, etc.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-20, 07:36 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Dont know who the tragically hip are but guess they are pretty popular in Canada if they get a live national broadcast

Are you serious?
Late breaking story on the CBC, a nation whispered "we always knew that he'd go free"
Thanks given by:
That Melissa Bishop interview was brutal.
http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/melissa...tough.html
Gotta wonder where Caster would have placed if she was still obligated to take the testosterone lowering meds.

Melissa will be 32 next time around. Plain
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 12:13 PM)Cornholio Wrote: That Melissa Bishop interview was brutal.
http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/melissa...tough.html
Gotta wonder where Caster would have placed if she was still obligated to take the testosterone lowering meds.

Melissa will be 32 next time around. Plain

Middle and long distance runners seem to hit their prime later, so she may still have a good shot in Tokyo.  

That race was awful to watch.  The Belarussian was intentionally boxing her in and shoving her.  I wonder how much energy that took from Bishop - I'm guessing enough to cost her a medal.
Thanks given by:
Bishop was so disappointed in her post-race interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 10:02 AM)lewis94 Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 07:36 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Dont know who the tragically hip are but guess they are pretty popular in Canada if they get a live national broadcast

Are you serious?

Yes im serious. Dont listen to music much or not old enough to know them maybe?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that Bishop interview was tragic. I could just reach out and give her a hug.

I'm not sure you can say she was 'boxed in' though. She was running right behind the girl with the testicles throughout the second lap, and just by following her she had a clear path to the finish line.
She just ran out of gas, I think.
Thanks given by:
I can see not knowing much of their music, but never heard of them? You never heard all the talk about Gord Downie when he was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple months ago?
Late breaking story on the CBC, a nation whispered "we always knew that he'd go free"
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 08:26 PM)lewis94 Wrote: I can see not knowing much of their music, but never heard of them? You never heard all the talk about Gord Downie when he was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple months ago?

Maybe heard of them couple times but didn't really research to see who they were before this year.
I did hear about the cancer thing and doing their last tour together thing in different cities. And then the scalpers unfortunately jacked the prices up to take advantage of the situation.
Thanks given by: