Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 16
Well, last day of the 2016 Rio Olympics today  Sad  Been a fun last 2 weeks watching the Canadian team. There were some lows but there was plenty of highs to cheer about. Much better showing than London 2012. Thinking 2020 will be even better with so many young talent on the team especially Oleksiak and De grasse.

Just want to say it has been a pleasure discussing the Olympics with you ladies and gentlemen the last 2 weeks. Guess we go back to our regular bickering at eachother's hockey team come Monday?  Laugh I'm just looking forward to hopefully another long playoff run for the Jays and the start of the NFL season!

Only less than 2 years till the 2018 Winter Olympics!!  Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm very sad about the games being over. I was excited for them and ended up watching and caring and enjoying much more than anticipated.

PVRing the marathon for the wife. She's getting ready for a run and I'm off to the gym shortly. I may even watch it with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Penny named the flag bearer for tonight. Good call.
Late breaking story on the CBC, a nation whispered "we always knew that he'd go free"
Thanks given by:
I enjoyed watching these games.  Pretty good showing by our athletes.  I know we're always gonna be strong in the Winter games.  Hopefully we use these games as a platform to even stronger performances  in future summer games.  Summer Olympics are more exciting & prestigious IMO
Thanks given by:
Liking these video montages that cbc makes. The olympics and the nhl playoff ones are pretty good in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
Favorite moments other than all of Canada's medal wins this yr for me was probably seeing Bolt cement his living legend legacy as the greatest sprinter of all time after getting the triple-triple

Also seeing Evan Dunfee encouraging the french race walker not to give up with the pat on the back during the race and Brazilian men winning soccer seeing the entire country erupt!!!!
Thanks given by:
My wife loved that race-walking moment as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
It was quite something to see Canada do so well in swimming and track - two sports that hand out a ton of medals where we traditionally don't do very well. And it looks like we'll do extremely well in both for years to come.

Favourite moment(s) for me have to be seeing Oleksiak perform and especially her reactions after getting a medal.
Late breaking story on the CBC, a nation whispered "we always knew that he'd go free"
Thanks given by:
Easily my favourite moment was Penny winning gold. She was amazing.

Favourite non Canadian moment - i'd say Neymar's winning PK. That goal was like Sidney Crosby scoring the golden goal for Canada back in 2010.

Thanks given by:
The last two weeks have been a travesty of Russian deceit, manipulation and skullduggery. What was one a respectable institution has been marred by Russia's drive to prevail at any cost.

But enough about Trump's campaign advisors.....Russia was also pretty shady at the Olympics. Wink
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 06:40 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Easily my favourite moment was Penny winning gold. She was amazing.

Favourite non Canadian moment - i'd say Neymar's winning PK. That goal was like Sidney Crosby scoring the golden goal for Canada back in 2010.

Yup, was pretty cool to be able to see both.
Thanks given by:
Damn. It's raining pretty hard there eh?

Thanks given by:
That guy should not be holding a piece of paper.. wow
Thanks given by:
No kidding.
Thanks given by:
Super Mario making an appearance haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah his hands were not shaking that much 2 weeks ago when he spoke
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 08:06 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Super Mario making an appearance haha

That was great, good on Abe for agreeing to do that
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-21, 08:11 PM)lewis94 Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 08:06 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Super Mario making an appearance haha

That was great, good on Abe for agreeing to do that

Yeah that was nice. And Doraemon! And Hello Kitty lol
Thanks given by:
What the hell is a Doraemon? another Pokemon? lol

Thanks given by: lewis94
Walking fruits and veggies!!!!
Thanks given by: