Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils at Oilers
Yada yada yada, Taylor Hall, yada yada yada.

All I care about is two points (preferably in regulation or OT).

New D-pairings at practice today which are probably what we'll see tomorrow:

New D-pairings today:

Davidson-Larsson
Oscar Klefbom -Matt Benning
Andrej Sekera - Kris Russell

Gregor also anticipates both Khaira and Slep in the lineup tomorrow.

Obviously one replaces Lander - got to assume either Hendo or Pouliot will be the other healthy scratch - my guess is Hendo.
Thanks given by:
I've heard a few local media saying how the Oilers management blamed Hall for the Oilers losing & how he was unfairly cast as the scape goat.

What on earth are they talking about?   When has any member of the Oilers, front office or players blamed Hall for anything?

Well except for that time when Klefbom & Scrivens threw Hall under the bus!
Thanks given by:
Pou has had a good couple games. Hopefully that translates into production soon.

What was it MacT used to say about streaks? When you're at the end of a hot streak, you win games you should lose. When you are at the end of a cold streak, you lose games you should win. Let's hope the same applies to player streaks.
Thanks given by:
I've been to the last three Oiler games. Each has gotten progressively worse.

Here's hoping that trend ends tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 12:08 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I've been to the last three Oiler games. Each has gotten progressively worse.

I disagree with the each game worse, but I do agree the last 2 losses our goaltending in both was terrible.

The Jersey game we dominated , ( Or the 1st line did for sure)
Ottawa the 1st line dominated again ( Horrific goaltending buried us.)
San Jose 1st period was?  Goaltending bad, But the 1st line was dominant again and should have scored 2 or 3 easy.  Just could not bury the biscuit.
So what does this tell us for tonight?

Well easy if Talbot gets back on track  that could add to a win.
If the 1st line plays like they have the puck will go in
BUT
It is time and we have been saying this for a long time now, for that 2nd line to start producing.  The 3rd line as well.  The 4th line is what it is. Sometimes they score and sometimes they do not.  Hendricks needs a seat as does Lander for tonight. Poulliot had a very good game until that brutal giveaway, so play him again.

Calgary is now 1 point behind , but we have a game in hand and are still firmly in a playoff spot.  If I am a coach coming into Edmonton I am throwing everything I have at that 1st line, putting a shadow on McD and trapping the middle blueline to blueline.
Shutdown that 1st line and you beat the Oilers quite easy right now as long as you can score a goal.  Unoless the rest of the team starts scoring on a regular basis ( Eberle , Luci, RNH and Pouliot), we can be beaten every game.

Time for these guys to get their shit together.  Ray Feraro had a great interview about Eberle yesterday.  He was bang on.

I think Hall plays very hard tonight and even though he does, if they do not stop Mcdavid it won't matter because they are not good.

1st line gets no goals we lose 2-1

1st line runs amuck like in the last 3 games and we win 4-1
Thanks given by:
God damn TOF get back to Australia. We can't afford to have you watch too many more games.
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
(2017-01-12, 12:08 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I've been to the last three Oiler games. Each has gotten progressively worse.

oops did not see the "been to" and thought just seen the last 3. LOL   My apologies TOF
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
Calgary is hot on our tails, we need a win tonight

Go Oil!
Thanks given by:
Yup, Calgary is hot on our heels and we definitely want to stay ahead of them, however, we are still a solid 5 points up on the non-playoff teams.

Still in very good position.

Lets get 2 points tonight!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 09:57 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Yup, Calgary is hot on our heels and we definitely want to stay ahead of them, however, we are still a solid 5 points up on the non-playoff teams.

Still in very good position.

Lets get 2 points tonight!

Tonight should be 2 points. Anything less would be a disappointment and I don't toss that around very often.

Saturday is HUGE. Cowtown hasnt forgotten about the beginning of this season and they will be ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
honestly, don't focus on Hall. focus on your own team tonight and win the game, then after the game give him a 30 second clap and move on.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 08:56 AM)maclintock Wrote:

oops did not see the "been to" and thought just seen the last 3. LOL   My apologies TOF

No worries, Mac! I'll still read your post. It looks like you put a lot of effort in it!  Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 08:40 AM)ZappaScores Wrote: God damn TOF get back to Australia. We can't afford to have you watch too many more games.

10 more days. 

That's a lotta losses  Icon_eek
Thanks given by:
Well, I'm not too worried about tonight's game. Hall always found a way to lose in Edmonton. Also, Lucic is outscoring Hall right now.
Thanks given by:
I really wish the the media would stop talking to Taylor Hall, but more importantly, I wish he would stop feeding them.

If anything, there is some insight into his personality.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Lines

Maroon/McD/Drai
Poo Poo/ RNH/Eberle
Lucic/Caggiulla/Shleppy
Hendricks/Letestu/Kassian

Man Hendricks may have a stroke  4 games in a row.

If that 2nd line does not score tonight they can shoot them all!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:36 AM)maclintock Wrote: Lines

Maroon/McD/Drai
Poo Poo/ RNH/Eberle
Lucic/Caggiulla/Shleppy
Hendricks/Letestu/Kassian

Man Hendricks may have a stroke  4 games in a row.

If that 2nd line does not score tonight they can shoot them all!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if these will be the lines for tonight as it sounds like JJ might be playing tonight - they interviewed him after practice which usually means the player is playing.

Should know soon.
Thanks given by:
As per Gregor:

Khaira/Letestu/Kassian.
Lucic/Caggiula/Slep.

Sounds like Hendo gets a seat for tonight.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 01:32 PM)Pouzar Wrote: As per Gregor:

Khaira/Letestu/Kassian.
Lucic/Caggiula/Slep.

Sounds like Hendo gets a seat for tonight.

That's a good call. Hendo looked a bit tired the other night.
Thanks given by:
We need to figure out how to win at home.

It's simply terrible that we cannot dominate here with last line change.

Hopefully this is the beginning of some fun.
Thanks given by: