Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils at Oilers
(2017-01-14, 07:34 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: One thing separating Ebs from Gags, Cog and Dube - he's on a real team and put in a position to succeed. And he's not. He doesn't seem to care to. I'm not saying he's done, but I certainly trust this management's opinion of him over the past couple.

So Eberle has never been successful on McDavid's line? Like say, last year, they did not produce together?
Thanks given by:
Aren't you the one warning against small sample sizes?
Look, I'm still in the Ebs fan club, but this is getting frustrating. I really hope he pots a few soon and gets his shooting percentage back to his norm.

Another thing I wonder is, this is the first time teams have played the oilers hard. We used to be the recovery game in the schedule. Now they prepare to play up to us. Wonder what effect that has on Nuge and Eberle. They've never had that before.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-15, 09:31 AM)ZappaScores Wrote: Aren't you the one warning against small sample sizes?
Look, I'm still in the Ebs fan club, but this is getting frustrating. I really hope he pots a few soon and gets his shooting percentage back to his norm.

Another thing I wonder is, this is the first time teams have played the oilers hard. We used to be the recovery game in the schedule. Now they prepare to play up to us. Wonder what effect that has on Nuge and Eberle. They've never had that before.

McDavid has a career 90 games? 

Every player has a small sample size with him.

When Eberle played with McDavid, he put up underlying numbers similar to his career average. It showed more sustainability long term than, say, a Maroon, who is scoring at basically 3x his career average with a shooting percentage nearing 25%.
Thanks given by: