Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Downtime
Exclamation 
There are some critical software upgrades that I'll be implementing over the holidays as time allows. The user activity seems slower right now so it might be a good time for it.

Downtime should be about an hour if all goes well. This is just a heads up to all, so if you see the site not loading you'll know why.
Thanks given by: Ululator
So clearly all did not go well. Unfortunately there were incompatibilities with several of features. However there was a high risk software vulnerability and an upgrade to the new version was necessary.

The site is in a "bare bones" mode right now with the default theme. If you're not sure what all the buttons do, hover over them for a moment and a small popup should appear.

Some of the plugins that were installed will not work. I'm trying to fix them as fast as I can but it may take a while. As such, not all features are available at the moment.

And my apologies for the inconvenience. This isn't ideal obviously but it's the best alternative to being offline.

If you have any questions or want to report errors please do so in this thread. I'll do my best to help.
Thanks given by:
I like the new look.
Thanks given by:
Haha I was wondering what the heck was going on with the new look, I was confused.
Thanks given by:
Shady, you sir are one of a kind. The work and passion you are putting in "Our Home" for the use of the "Family" members is remarkable. I for one truly do appreciate all of your hard work. I also understand you are trying to balance stuff you do here with real life and work issues. In that we should all be grateful, which I am for sure. Thank you again. Oh, the new look is awesome on my tablet, will look letter on the laptop.
Congratulations: You Are at the Right Place at the Right Time
Thanks given by:
Yeah Ryu, not intentional lol. Our old theme was not compatible with the new software upgrade unfortunately.

Once the more important features get ironed out I'll turn some attention to the design.
Thanks given by:
If the thanks button was working I'd give you one, Caper. Silly
Thanks given by:
Pls keep the current theme or go with a full black theme.
Connor McDavid: "I don't know why anyone would be disappointed going to the Edmonton Oilers." 
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 08:05 PM)shadylane Wrote: If the thanks button was working I'd give you one, Caper. Silly

Grin
Thanks given by:
Certainly not permanent and I'm looking for a solution right now.
Thanks given by:
Looks like crap.
I don't want to be your friend!
Thanks given by:
what about accessing the forum menu on the bottom of the page like you can at the top left?
Thanks given by:
What ever happened I didn't do it. Icon_razz

We trust you to get it right shady, god speed. Grin
The lonesome foghorn blows.

Thanks given by:
I really like the new look. Much sharper
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 09:36 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: I really like the new look.  Much sharper

Agreed. 
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 09:41 PM)PistolPete Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 09:36 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: I really like the new look.  Much sharper

Agreed. 

Too bright but there doesn't seem to be a site these days that I can look at without some discomfort, been playing with my monitor contrast looks a little better.

I use to have a program that made every site white text on black I may look that up.

Thanks given by:
It looks very good on my tablet, but when I come to my MacBook, the white is "powerful" the blue looks very good. Shady, not withstanding all your hard work on this, but could the white areas be darkened just a bit, thanks.
Thanks given by:
I feel the same way. The current design will be tweaked and softening the harsh white a bit is a good idea.

Now that the old design is basically unusable, we can start from scratch with another design (yay?). But first thing's first.. getting the missing features and some of the wonky buttons fixed is the priority. Thanks for your patience, Caper. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Thanks given by:
Just a question shady - when you have a minute. Any idea what the number on the second line of the poster info box is?

<----- that box. On mine, it has the number of posts, and then the number 15 on the next line?
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 11:05 PM)SensKat Wrote: Just a question shady - when you have a minute.  Any idea what the number on the second line of the poster info box is?  

<----- that box.  On mine, it has the number of posts, and then the number 15 on the next line?

Mines 167 I win. SN devil 

Thanks given by: