Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Brees
Threw 4 TD passes (rushed for a 5th) to join Peyton Manning and Brett Favre as the only QB's to have 9 30 passing TD seasons.

Brees has also done it consecutively, which the other 2 didn't.

Such an amazing career he's had, will be sad when it's over in 2-3-4 years.
Thanks given by:
Always been one of my favs. Was sooo happy when he won the big one in 2010. I also remember when San Diego bailed on him I thought that was a bit of a raw deal for him.
Thanks given by:
11th straight season with 4000 yards passing now. Nobody else has ever done it more than 6 straight.

Also became just 3rd QB to throw for 65,000 career passing yards.
Thanks given by:
4 TD passes again yesterday, 21st time in his career, tying Tom Brady for most all-time.
Thanks given by:
He should hold the all time yard record assuming he can put in at least one more 4000 yard season and come back for one more season after that. Still going strong, so good chance imo.

The TD record will probably require 3 solid seasons
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-19, 11:04 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: He should hold the all time yard record assuming he can put in at least one more 4000 yard season and come back for one more season after that.  Still going strong, so good chance imo.

The TD record will probably require 3 solid seasons

Yeah he should be 70-75 TD's from the record by season end.

Roughly 6000 yards by seasons end as well.

He's 441 yards from his 5th 5000 yard season. It's only been done 9 times, and no one else has done it twice (Marino, Brady, Stafford, and Peyton Manning). Cousins and Ryan have outside shots at it this year.
Thanks given by:
Brees finishes with 5208 yards on the season (4th highest total of all-time), the 5th time in 6 years he's led the league (2nd the other year). Ryan and Cousins both fell short of the 5000 yard mark, so Brees is responsible for 5 of the 9 times 5000 yards has been accomplished.

Brees is now 5829 yards, and 74 TD's short of Manning.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-01, 09:22 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Brees finishes with 5208 yards on the season (4th highest total of all-time), the 5th time in 6 years he's led the league (2nd the other year). Ryan and Cousins both fell short of the 5000 yard mark, so Brees is responsible for 5 of the 9 times 5000 yards has been accomplished.

Brees is now 5829 yards, and 74 TD's short of Manning.

I like Brees as a QB but he has two big things going for him;
1) playing a minimum 9 games per year in a dome with perfect conditions will always aid the stats.
2) The Saints throw the ball a lot! ( he has averaged over 40 attempts per game for all 11 years he has played with them thanks to having a former QB as coach for)

This year both he and Matt Ryan have great stats aided by the fact of playing most of their games in a dome and having no cold weather/ snow games. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady would love those conditions.
Thanks given by:
That's true, and probably a factor to some degree, but he had a history of setting records and throwing the ball a lot well before his New Orleans/Payton days. He did it in Central Indiana playing in the Big 10 too.
Thanks given by:
I'll post this here, although maybe I shouldn't.
The top 15 QBs All Time from the Washington Times:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedi...-all-time/

Brees isn't in there, although he certainly out classes a few.
Bradshaw??? Grin He was Jim Plunkett with a better team.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-27, 08:18 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Always been one of my favs. Was sooo happy when he won the big one in 2010. I also remember when San Diego bailed on him I thought that was a bit of a raw deal for him.

The Chargers chose Philip Rivers over Drew Brees. Brees has a Super Bowl ring. Philip Rivers is still looking for one. Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-02, 05:53 PM)Cornholio Wrote: I'll post this here, although maybe I shouldn't.
The top 15 QBs All Time from the Washington Times:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedi...-all-time/

Brees isn't in there, although he certainly out classes a few.
Bradshaw??? Grin He was Jim Plunkett with a better team.

Yeah leaving Brees off is insane. He's easily better than half the list.
Thanks given by: