Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durant to Dub Nation
Breaking news has Kevin Durant signing with the Golden State Warriors.
Thanks given by:
yes!
Thanks given by:
lol

Don Cherry Parody ‏@DonCherryParody 27s27 seconds ago

YKNOW I DONT REMEMBER MARIO OR YZERMAN OR HAWERCHUK QUITTIN THEIR TEAMS TA GO PLAY WITH GRETZKY AND MESSIER IN EDMONTON!
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
In all seriousness this might be the best starting lineup on paper in NBA history outside of any all-star or Olympic scenarios.

That said it doesn't mean it will be an automatic championship. In a bet I will still take the field
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
Great.

A two team league.

Exciting

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 10:57 AM)BlueMountain Wrote: Great.

A two team league.

Exciting

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Meh in the 80's it was Lakers and Celtics for a long time. Fans flock to dynasties and competing titans.
Thanks given by:
This is why I think the NBA salary cap is a bit of a joke. We've been hearing for all along that the Raptors couldn't sign anyone because they're close to the cap, but somehow the Warriors can fit 3 of the top 10 players under theirs...
Thanks given by:
Luxury taxes!
Thanks given by:
I'm not convinced this is going to make the Warriors that much better then they were last year. One of Golden State's biggest contributors last year was Andrew Bogut, who is now surely on his way out. This makes the Warriors a much smaller team, and let's not forget, it's a 24 second shot clock - the ball can only be in one place at a time. I'm not convinced they will be better next year then they were this year.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by: bodisthava
Lebron is still the underdog lol
Thanks given by:
Durant's legacy is done now.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 11:06 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Luxury taxes!

TV deal.

salary cap is boosted by more than 20 mill.

not even the Almighty Lebron will stop them.
Thanks given by:
This is going to elevate LeBron's legendary status when he takes down the Warriors again next year.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 11:09 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Durant's legacy is done now.

Durants legacy is fine.

he wants a ring.
Thanks given by: Voltage
(2016-07-04, 10:57 AM)bodisthava Wrote: In all seriousness this might be the best starting lineup on paper in NBA history outside of any all-star or Olympic scenarios.

That said it doesn't mean it will be an automatic championship. In a bet I will still take the field

Only because the odds are better in a bet if you take the field. 

If the bet is straight up $1:$1, I take this team, no hesitation.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if anyone who hates Durant going to GS, loved when Lebron left Cleveland to go to Miami.

not much difference in the two cases. I know Lebron got a lot of haters for doing that in his quest for a ring...but Miami also got a heck of a lot more fans for becoming a "superteam".
Thanks given by:
I would rank the Warriors as the favourites, but not by a substantial margin.

This is a big shake up and chemistry is a serious question mark. Both Curry and Durant are players that create their own shot, and Durant is going to be replacing a player in Barnes, who thrived in a system where his shot was set up for him. If Durant plays the same role that Barnes played, I'm not even sure he's going to be any more effective, because I'm not convinced he's a better spot up jump shooter then Barnes. If Durant takes possessions away from Curry, it's going to completely alter their offensive gameplan from what made them so successful last year.

And there should be zero question this makes them a weaker defensive team. Iguodala will probably slot into the 3 spot, and he's great defensively, but that's a massive hole being left at the 5 spot, and Draymond Green is going to be relied on heavily. What did the Cavs did everytime Bogut was out of the game? They drove to the basket. There's no doubt about it, the Warriors will have a glaring weakness defensively.

People talking about this being a move that drastically improves the Warriors might be getting a little ahead of themselves.
Thanks given by:
don't know how much drastically you can improve a team that only lost 9 games through the entire regular season.

they may not improve on that...I would bet they don't.

but I think they are less likely to be upset in the playoff/finals now. They made themselves better for that run, and less likely to be upset.
Thanks given by:
I'd say a huge reason they are less likely to be upset in the playoffs has more to do with them weakening a direct rival as opposed to them being any better themselves. I would still think any series against San Antonio or Cleveland is going to be a competitive series.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 11:11 AM)encore Wrote: This is going to elevate LeBron's legendary status when he takes down the Warriors again next year.

I'd put $100 down that you're wrong.
Thanks given by: