Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durant to Dub Nation
Durant helps make the Warriors likely the favorites to win the West again next year.

Meanwhile, there doesn't seem to be anything standing in the way of LeBron & the Cavs representing the East next year.

So it's probably going to be a 3rd-straight Cavs-Warriors NBA Finals again next June....
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 11:00 AM)bodisthava Wrote:
(2016-07-04, 10:57 AM)BlueMountain Wrote: Great.

A two team league.

Exciting

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Meh in the 80's it was Lakers and Celtics for a long time. Fans flock to dynasties and competing titans.

In that case...why should anyone care about the other 28 teams besides Cleveland & Golden State? They will in likelihood dominate again next year...unless an upset occurs along the way, but that rarely happens in the NBA.

So basically all the focus & attention will be on 2 teams out of 30 in the NBA.

Is that really a good thing, especially for the other teams? I guess no one else outside the two "superpowers" will even come close to making the Finals again next year, or probably the next 3-4 years then? Plain
Thanks given by:
OH, I forgot....heaven forbid the NBA ever have a Finals without LeBron from now on. Expect to see King James playing in the Finals every year until he retires...so that's probably going to make it about 15 consecutive NBA Finals appearances for LeBron James then.....
Thanks given by:
what are the chances a team other then GS or Cavs beat them in the finals?I mean Cavs play other team in the final what are their chances of beating them same goes for GS if they face a team besides Cavs what are the other team chances of beating GS? I don't care what team is in the finals I just don't want it to be one sided I want it to be entertaining.
Thanks given by:
Meh in the 80's it was Lakers and Celtics for a long time.

Even then, the Celts had to compete with the Sixers, Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, & a then up-&-coming Chicago Bulls team. The Lakers had their share of challengers( Utah, Dallas, Houston )in the West also.

Now it just looks like the Cavs & Warriors will just run away & hide next season. Even after the Raptors had their most successful season this year, they just lost Bismack Biyombo to free agency. Can the Raps build on last year's success...or will they just be another one of the long list of teams to get squashed by the Cavs en route to another Finals appearance?

Face it folks....unless something drastic happens, or another powerhouse team emerges...it's going to be another 2-3 more years of the Cavs & Warriors practically monopolizing the NBA. The rest of the teams will be nothing more than afterthoughts. The regular season will be a complete waste while everyone gears up for another Cavs-Warriors Finals matchup...
Thanks given by:
So it's a 2 year deal...53 mill...I believe i heard he can opt out after the first year (I hate opt out clauses)
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 08:53 PM)ckendall Wrote: Meh in the 80's it was Lakers and Celtics for a long time.

Even then, the Celts had to compete with the Sixers, Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, & a then up-&-coming Chicago Bulls team. The Lakers had their share of challengers( Utah, Dallas, Houston )in the West also.

Now it just looks like the Cavs & Warriors will just run away & hide next season. Even after the Raptors had their most successful season this year, they just lost Bismack Biyombo to free agency. Can the Raps build on last year's success...or will they just be another one of the long list of teams to get squashed by the Cavs en route to another Finals appearance?

Face it folks....unless something drastic happens, or another powerhouse team emerges...it's going to be another 2-3 more years of the Cavs & Warriors practically monopolizing the NBA. The rest of the teams will be nothing more than afterthoughts. The regular season will be a complete waste while everyone gears up for another Cavs-Warriors Finals matchup...

you could aqrgue the East was  competitive but the west was very similar to what the East is now. It really was the Lakers and everybody else. Ratings were still amazing. People watched. People love to either cheer for or against dynasties. I expect ratings to be quite high next year
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-04, 07:58 PM)shawn81 Wrote: what are the chances a team other then GS or Cavs beat them in the finals?I mean Cavs play other team in the final what are their chances of beating them same goes for GS if they face a team besides Cavs what are the other team chances of beating GS? I don't care what team is in the finals I just don't want it to be one sided I want it to be entertaining.

Raptors and Knicks in the East. Spurs in the West.

But these teams look 2nd tier compare to the Cavs and Warriors.
Thanks given by:
I dont understand how anyone is a basketball fan outside those two cities. The point is to win it all and if your team has no chance what is the point of watching.

The NBA has a major image problem and this might be news for them but their bogus salary cap doesnt work. Heck most people cant even understand it.

I fail to see how they attract any new viewers to it.
Thanks given by: