Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwyane Wade signed with the Bulls(edit)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba.../86787486/
The lonesome foghorn blows.

Thanks given by:
Be fun watching the Warriors beat Lebron and Wade.....

Again.
Thanks given by:
Warriors never beat Lebron and Wade together
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by: TheNumber13
Wade would be smart to take just a 1 year deal with the Cavs, and go for another championships (making the Finals would be a guarantee pretty much). And then cash in huge as a free agent next season with the rising salary cap. While it would suck leaving the beautiful Miami for Cleveland, it would just be for 1 year.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-05, 09:29 PM)bodisthava Wrote: Warriors never beat Lebron and Wade together

my mistake.

i was thinking they beat the Heat in the finals...not the Cavs.

I just knew they beat Lebron, and thought he was still with the Heat (it was the Spurs that beat Lebron and Wade)
Thanks given by:
Mavericks too
Thanks given by:
That said I really do not think adding Wade closes the gap much. The Cavs need a long range shooter. I think a healthy Warriors team still wins out
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
Pretty much makes playing the season a waste of time, no?

Just have a 7 game series between the Cavs and Warriors (again)...and the rest of the teams have a season + playoffs for the Bronze.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-06, 10:03 AM)bodisthava Wrote: That said I really do not think adding Wade closes the gap much. The Cavs need a long range shooter. I think a healthy Warriors team still wins out

Sounds like Allen may come back.  Apparently he is in discussions with GSW and CC.
Thanks given by:
It`s obviously hard to say what kind of shape Allen is in, but he is a pretty big health freak during his playing days so I wouldn`t be surprised if he was in just as good shape as he was when he last played.

Personally, I`d rather see Allen join Cleveland and I`m thinking that`s what he`d prefer too. I`m pretty sure he never officially retired.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
The Cavs probably don't even have enough to offer D-Wade a shot to join LeBron & Co. in Ohio. He turned down $40 million over 2 years from Miami last I heard.

But I wouldn't totally rule it out.

And...can you imagine the possibilities for next year if:

The Cavs have LeBron, D-Wade, Kyrie Irving, & Kevin Love

going up against

The Warriors led by Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, & Kevin Durant.

Like I finished saying in the other thread....just go ahead & give the Cavs & Warriors a direct BYE to next June's NBA Finals...
Thanks given by:
Wow...Dwyane Wade is heading to...CHICAGO...he's goin' home...
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
This offseason is insane!

Thanks given by: ckendall
Rondo and Wade will be a fun back court. Not a good shooting back court but fun. Jimmy Butler will need to score a lot
Thanks given by:
The season after next look for Lebron, Wade, Paul, and Melo to all be on the Knicks together.

Lebron Wade Paul Melo

versus

Curry Thompson Green Durant
Thanks given by:
Rondo and Wade is a really weird combo and I dunno if I can see them gelling to be honest. Rondo is best utilized playing next to a guy who can shoot, something Wade isnt great at.
Thanks given by:
I don't watch as much NBA as I used to but I did watch the entire Raptors/Heat series and, from what I can tell, at the age of 34, Wade has slowed down - he can still be a dominant player at times but he doesn't seem to have the ability to take over a game at will like many NBA superstars can and to sustain dominance throughout a game - a skill that, to me, is more apparent in the superstars of the NBA than any other major professional sport. In particular, Wade seemed to tire in to the 4th quarter of most of the games in that series. He can still be a great secondary/complimentary star though.

Maybe I am making that up, but that's what I recall from watching the series.
Thanks given by:
Is Rondo gonna play behind Calderon? Still not sure why Wade chose Chi other than it's home... does he think they are gonna win a championship soon?
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-07, 08:01 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I don't watch as much NBA as I used to but I did watch the entire Raptors/Heat series and, from what I can tell, at the age of 34, Wade has slowed down - he can still be a dominant player at times but he doesn't seem to have the ability to take over a game at will like many NBA superstars can and to sustain dominance throughout a game - a skill that, to me, is more apparent in the superstars of the NBA than any other major professional sport.  In particular, Wade seemed to tire in to the 4th quarter of most of the games in that series.   He can still be a great secondary/complimentary star though.

Maybe I am making that up, but that's what I recall from watching the series.

I think Wade can still be a fantastic closer, but I don`t think you can rely on him for the whole game to be an elite star. It doesn`t help that he`s not a great jump shooter. In fact, I would still say this is Butler`s team, not Wade`s, but I`m sure that`s not how the media will portray it. Butler is maybe a top 10-15 player in the league, while Wade is much further down that list now
Thanks given by: Pouzar