Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything WWE Thread
I kinda agree - when I said epic, I meant the "confrontation of their huge personas".

Lesnar is definitely in better shape than Goldberg, and may have to "take it easy on him" Happy

When Goldberg said "you're last", it insinuates it's his one and only match, probably trying to generate a crazy frenzy around it.
But I would bet the adrenalin will make him want to consider staying on for a rubber match, after Lesnar wins.

Like Golberg said, he better be working his ass off in preparation for this...!
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
It's great to see Goldberg back. Probably my all time favourite wrestling character.

Thanks given by:
Hell in the cell PPV was kinda awesome...not perfect...but historic at the least.

the womens HitC match...historic for a number of reasons...first being the first time women have competed in the cell...second being that it is the first time the womens match has been the main event of the whole PPV...over the Universal Title.

can't believe how far womens wrestling has come since the Kelly Kelly, Torrie Wilson "models as wrestlers" days of bra and panty fights, and pillow fight battle royals. And they stopped calling them "Divas" too, which is a good thing.
Thanks given by:
wrestling died for me when they had Lesnar end the streak.

so stupid.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Vader announced that he's been told by his doctors he has at most 2 years to live.

Undeniably one of the greatest "Big Men" ever. It's embarrassing that he's not already in the WWE HoF, but Mick Foley is making a push to get him in. Hope he's successful. Vader deserves to be there for his induction.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-15, 07:16 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Vader announced that he's been told by his doctors he has at most 2 years to live.

Undeniably one of the greatest "Big Men" ever. It's embarrassing that he's not already in the WWE HoF, but Mick Foley is making a push to get him in. Hope he's successful. Vader deserves to be there for his induction.

Really?? Shit, does he have some sort of condition? Always loved that guy, as a kid he terrified me, lol.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-01, 04:55 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: It's great to see Goldberg back. Probably my all time favourite wrestling character.

Yeah, it's always a nice bit of nostalgia when some of these guys come back. For being damn near 50, Bill still looks great which is good to see.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-16, 09:59 AM)Superlube11 Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 07:16 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Vader announced that he's been told by his doctors he has at most 2 years to live.

Really?? Shit, does he have some sort of condition? Always loved that guy, as a kid he terrified me, lol.

He's suffering from congestive heart failure. Not really that shocking sad as it is. When you look at the big men of pro wrestling they don't tend to live as long as he has and heart failure is a big reason why.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-16, 10:07 AM)Superlube11 Wrote:
(2016-11-01, 04:55 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: It's great to see Goldberg back. Probably my all time favourite wrestling character.

Yeah, it's always a nice bit of nostalgia when some of these guys come back. For being damn near 50, Bill still looks great which is good to see.

obviously not the build he had when we last saw him in his mid 30's...but not out of shape either.

back when they faced each other at Mania...Goldberg, I think, was bigger than Lesnar...not so much anymore.
Thanks given by:
yeah, definitely not near as big as his prime, but that's to be expected. Especially when you consider just how big he used to be, pretty much impossible to keep up to that level throughout your 40's and beyond.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-17, 01:00 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: yeah, definitely not near as big as his prime, but that's to be expected. Especially when you consider just how big he used to be, pretty much impossible to keep up to that level throughout your 40's and beyond.

perhaps if he had remained an active wrestler, it would have been okay....you can tell he hasn't just let himself go...but as you say, it is hard to keep up that muscle mass after 40.

it is easier to maintain, than it is to build back up again.

interesting to note, that Lesnar now, is as old as Goldberg was when they faced each other at Mania.
Thanks given by:
I predict a Lesnar win tonight, followed by a rubber match where Goldberg takes it!
"The man who tamed the Beast!"

A match of this magnitude deserves a high profile referee, though...
Thanks given by:
I would prefer Goldberg to win....

But storyline wise, it makes no sense for a 49 yr old to return after 12 years, to beat a "in his prime" beast who has destroyed everyone in his path, including breaking Takers streak.
Thanks given by:
Whaaaaaaaaaat?

what the hell was that???

all the hype...and its over in under two minutes?

hell, as bad as their mania match was...that was better than this was!
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-21, 05:17 AM)Chris D Wrote: Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Typical Goldberg match.
"Fool me once......shame on......shame on you......Go fool me can't get fool again!"  -  George W. Bush
Thanks given by:
truth.

in his prime Goldberg couldn't manage a 5 minute match...imagine its not easier at 49.

my guess...is that Goldberg wouldn't come back only to lose, and that he is not as in shape as he appears to be, so it was scripted to be over as fast as possible, and with Goldberg taking no bumps.

even that initial charge from Lesnar into the corner, he normally follows that up with ramming his shoulder a bunch of times into the corner, and he didn't do any of that.

my problem isn't with Goldberg winning...its with hyping the match as much as they did, for it to be over in less time than it took for them to get to the ring....and that was the "main event"
Thanks given by:

I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was great. Love the unpredictability. 

Think BIG PICTURE, many options now.

Thanks given by:
Wow! What a stunner!
I expected Golberg to win in the rubber match, and not so fast, but this proves - again - that no one understands WWE's thinking.
But I do understand the over-hype and how it relates to $$$ Happy

Just like the way the streak ended - still not sure it went as planned - I agree with you, Z!

BTW rumour has it one of Brock or Bill may have been injured, though...
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-21, 02:27 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:

I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was great. Love the unpredictability. 

Think BIG PICTURE, many options now.

The 49 year old guy who hadn't wrestled in 12 years(and wasn't even good back then) just beat "The Beast Incarnate" a guy who's been murdering people even in defeat since he came back, in less than 2 minutes. That's not "unpredictability" that's idiotic.

I know why it happened(Goldberg was injured and out of shape so he couldn't do anything else), but that doesn't make it less stupid. They decided to jam this dumb match in and that's what they came up with. 

How much of a bitch does Orton look like now? Lesnar annihilated him at SummerSlam. Ambrose? Cena? The freaking Undertaker??? They all got beaten into the ground by Lesnar, but Old Man Goldberg? He squashes Lesnar in about 90 seconds!
Thanks given by:
None of that really bothered me. I expected Goldberg to win (though would have understood if he lost for all the reasons you mention)

Like I said, the only issue I had, was how short it was.
Thanks given by: