Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fire Hosé - Game #44
The Division leading San Jose Sharks are town tomorrow night to take on the vulnerable Calgary Flames. The Flames have been inconsistent of late. Some games they're all over their opposition, some not so much. The Flames are getting any sort of goal scoring to speak of from their #1 and #3 lines and it looks like the #2 line of Chucky/Backs/Frodo are keeping us in the race. That line should be used to it by now, but as we've noted before we need all hands on deck. We're also not getting any sort of scoring out of our back end like we did in years gone by and are more prone to defensive brain farts than we are scoring.

The Sharks, meantime, sport a cast of characters that cause us pain more often than not. Not only are they first in the Division, but are very tight defensively and are ranked 4th in the league in GAA.

So, knowing that we need a victory to keep us moving forward, what is a team to do? I think we need to dump the police cowboy hat (no disrespect to the Boys in Blue) and bring back the fire hat to the player that puts out a fire and helps us win the game. Actually we need the whole darn Fire Hall at the ready to put the fire hose on San Jose to allow a controlled burn by our Flames.

Game is at 7:30 on SN1

Just Blast 'em Flames!

[Image: FirehoseFinal_edited.jpg]
I used to do the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Beerisfood , Beerisfood
Wasn't it the green construction hat for the hardest working Flame back when Conroy 1st introduced the idea??
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Yup. And it looked the best on Mike Commodore as I recall!
Thanks given by:
Sharks are playing the Oilers tonight. Maybe the big boys will bust each other up and slow the Sharks down tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Despite some decent play by the Oilers.., the Sharks are eating them alive.  Mikael Boedkker has a hat trick giving them a 4-1 lead!!
Thanks given by:
HOSE THE SHARKS!!

[Image: expedition-great-white-shark-hose_21273_600x450.jpg]
[Image: Shark1-300x169.jpg]
[Image: f4724158c4958d601aeb3de922c7aa7d.jpg]
[Image: C_Krahforst_BlacktipSurg_web.jpg]
[Image: bettman11.jpg]
The Hokey-Pokey - do we really know what it's about? Or what Nanuuk's about?
{from the Flames site}
CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames are expected to ice the same lineup they utilized on Monday in tonight's match-up against the San Jose Sharks.
Defenceman Brett Kulak, recalled on Monday, and forward Freddie Hamilton will sit as healthy scratches. Troy Brouwer(finger) skated this morning but wore a non-contact jersey during practice. He has missed seven games with a fractured finger.
Here are tonight's projected lines, defence pairings and starting goaltender:

FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Alex Chiasson
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Kris Versteeg - Sam Bennett - Micheal Ferland
Lance Bouma - Matt Stajan - Garnet Hathaway
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
TJ Brodie - Dennis Wideman
Jyrki Jokipakka - Deryk Engelland
GOALTENDER
Chad Johnson
Thanks given by: Beerisfood
If I remember correctly (sometimes I do, sometime I don't) Hathaway drew Burns into taking a few penalties last time we played the Sharks... hopefully he can do the same tonight.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:02 PM)Beerisfood Wrote: If I remember correctly (sometimes I do, sometime I don't) Hathaway drew Burns into taking a few penalties last time we played the Sharks... hopefully he can do the same tonight.

That was the first game they played against the Sharks, where he fought Burnsy, then Burns complimented him after the game for his hard play. The next meeting did not go so well, which brings us to -

A Glance Back

It was just before Christmas and they had just won in Phoenix the night before. But the Flames were forced to go through Oakland to get to San Jose and play the next night, their eighth back to back. The boyz played well in front of Johnson for the first period, but the flood gates opened in the 2nd and SJ scored 4 goals against a tired team taking a bunch of penalties (surprise, surprise). Benny was the only one to respond in the 3rd, too little, too late as they fell 4-1.

But now the skate is on the other foot hoof fin. The bedraggled Sharks, having eked out a win over some bottom feeders last night, and forced to go through Red Deer to get here, face the rested and anxious Flames, just itching to respond to that lacklustre showing in Wippanegg.

At least I hope they are anxious, itching, and downright perturbed. The CHAD has a crappy win/loss record not because of his play, but because the Boyz in the Band did not score enough, and that can't continue. Backs line, as good as they have been, cannot continue to be the only source of scoring. The Flames are at best a bubble team right now, if they continue to win. If they don't they are in the dreaded 10-12 spot, and they don't want to go there.

Get out there and play like your jobs are on the line. Show up. Make an impression. Shoot the dam puck!!!

Go Flames GO!
{get gassed you Guppies!}
[Image: shark-picture-cartoon.jpg]
Thanks given by: Beerisfood , Nanuuk
Yeah..., The Flames need to start getting some balanced scoring like they did at times earlier in the year.

Ferland-Bennett-Versteeg had some good shifts in Winnipeg, it would great to see them click!!

I'm going to miss this one.  Gaming nights with my cousin & buddies are resuming after they got cancelled in late October.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
The boys better be bloody well ready tonight... their last two games were weak as shit......
Aaron Dell, of Airdrie, will start tonight in goal for the Sharks.

[Image: dell-dude-thumb.jpg]

Thanks given by: Bully , Nanuuk
A good solid 6.3 minutes of action without a whistle.

Now a ref meeting. Ineligible Shark?
they lose a Dman who was not on the sheet. SJ are down to 5.
I bet Burns plays well over 30 now that they are down to 5 d.........Time to start pounding there defence at hit them every chance they can get
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4
Flames with a penalty. Frolik slash. Watch out boys!
Thanks given by:
Frodo gets a slashing penalty.
Thanks given by:
Sooooooooo dangerous hit from behind on Jokipaka Ok..........half a slash sits you for 2

Gotcha
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
PP goal by Couture. 1-0.
Thanks given by:
Piss me off! Twice it looked like Chad had it smothered and no whistle. Sharks score on a deflection.
Thanks given by: