Danault Looks for 3....
Icing
Thanks given by:
Big win
Thanks given by: habling
Habs Win!!!

This Is Awesome!!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:44 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: The way Andrighetto is playing tonight is what I thought we were going to get this season if he was given the chance, unfortunately that's what makes him so frustrating because he has blundered ever chance until now. Hopefully this is the start of something for him
If he was given a chance, really? He's had many, about time he produced.

Sent from my T03 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Exactly what Sean was saying....
Thanks given by:
Heard they were trying to flip Johnston to COL for Duchene
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:54 PM)northern1 Wrote: Jesus Johnson is not ready for the big time.....
He's doing just fine for dept D. For the most part he gets the puck out. That's why he's there for.

Thanks given by:
That's why they are still playing Johnston...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 10:15 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 09:54 PM)northern1 Wrote: Jesus Johnson is not ready for the big time.....
He's doing just fine for  dept D. For the most part he gets the puck out. That's why he's there for.

Seriously, he's horrible BC. To his credit, playing with Barberio and being a pair that can't take the body certainly isn't helping either D out.
Thanks given by:
I'm really glad this scoring festival was with Montoya in nets. Had it been Price, somebody would've found a way to find something negative in this win
Thanks given by:
He's not horrible, he's overwhelmed in his own end due to his size. For the most part he's there 'cause he can get the puck out and he's good at that

Thanks given by:
The Hab Kids lead the way to the Win.
Lehkonen, Danault and Andrighetto ground the Jets in Winnipeg.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 10:23 PM)bchippie Wrote: He's not horrible, he's overwhelmed in his own end due to his size. For the most part he's there 'cause he can get the puck out and he's good at that

That, I consider, is horrible. At least, at the NHL level. Every time that pairing is on the ice, there is a solid scoring chance, minimum, for the opponent.

That's bad, Man, bad.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 11:41 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 10:23 PM)bchippie Wrote: He's not horrible, he's overwhelmed in his own end due to his size. For the most part he's there 'cause he can get the puck out and he's good at that

That, I consider, is horrible. At least, at the NHL level. Every time that pairing is on the ice, there is a solid scoring chance, minimum, for the opponent.

That's bad, Man, bad.
He's a 7rh/8 D who would not be in the line up if Markov or Pateryn were healthy. He's there becauese he can move the puck out. He can move the puck out. Once Markov comes back, he's gone. What's the problem?

Thanks given by:
How much worse than him could our other options be he just seems so lost in his own end which as a defenseman is probably the last thing you want. Are Hanley and Redmond that awful that he plays over them?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 12:00 AM)mada7 Wrote: How much worse than him could our other options be he just seems so lost in his own end which as a defenseman is probably the last thing you want. Are Hanley and Redmond that awful that he plays over them?
I don't know. All I know is that he is not as bad as you guys say he is. We're winning, he's moving the puck out, he's a 7/8th depth D. He'll be gone as soon as Markov is back. What else do you want.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 11:51 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 11:41 PM)Scriptor Wrote:

That's bad, Man, bad.
He's a 7rh/8 D who would not be in the line up if Markov or Pateryn were healthy. He's there becauese he can move the puck out. He can move the puck out. Once Markov comes back, he's gone.  What's the problem?

I just think that pairing Barberio with Johnston is a recipe for disaster in our own zone. I'm not lulled into thinking this team, with the injuries, will score 7 goals on a nightly basis. Every goal they help give up is a problem. I would be happy if ONE other D played with One of those two, either Barberio or Johnston. A D that can win the occasional battle one-on-one and EITHER of those Ds would certainly be a better pairing.

I understand that both are mobile, in the end, whenever they win a battle for the puck (which is never). Keep one for that aspect of the game with a more physical, stay-at-home D. 

Is Lernout ready to play? Another D? How bad is Redmond, Hanley, as mada7 put it? 

I'm just yanking out my hair watching them play in our own zone and I really don't have any left to spare Wink
Thanks given by:
It's good to see a depth D call-up is the worst of our problems.

The first four games outside of Kessel burning him he was good for an AHL player in the NHL. When he was on the ice the team spent more of the time in the other end. The last 3 games has been a totally different story, he has been awful.

MT has handled this poorly, after the Leafs game he should have went to Redmond, let the kid watch and maybe learn something from his awful play against the Leafs. Instead he has kept playing him and it continues. Added problem because MT hasn't played Redmond forever, I wouldn't want to see him take the ice before a conditioning stint in the AHL.
Thanks given by:
Lekhonen is great. Getting a lot more attention in the news as well. One of our coaches commenting on how strong is he despite his size and looks. Lapointe saying he wishes he could have had him last year to work on his development but not sure, maybe better he stayed away from our AHL team.

Danault is sure making the most of his opportunity, not sure if he is pulling a Weise this year or if he could be a legit 2nd line player but good to see nonetheless. Thankfully he is signed for another year so we can see if he is truly what we hope before his next contract.

Beaulieu/Petry, they are good but sometimes they play makes you want to stop watching. Not sure how these two are still mixing up assignments out there but then completely turn it around on other shifts.
Thanks given by: