Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Calgary @ Vancouver, 1/6/17
(2017-01-07, 12:34 AM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 12:33 AM)trapper Wrote: A dive by Versteg and another penalty on the canucks.

Versteeg the ballerina embellished that fall.

When they say ALL HANDS ON DECK I now know what they mean.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:45 AM)abdemarco Wrote: If Tanev can't go tomorrow, Biega will likely get in... I wonder if it'll be time for Jordan Subban to get a call up?

Not goin in to CowLand tomorrow.... Biega's a giant compared to JS... hahahaha

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:45 AM)trapper Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 12:33 AM)trapper Wrote: A dive by Versteg and another penalty on the canucks.

They defs didn't have any hands around the net.... #MillerTime...

Thanks given by:
In the 2004 playoffs the Canucks outplayed the Flames, had lots of territorial advantage, tons of shots on the Calgary net, crazy amount of posts hit but all you heard from the Flamers was about the end score. So for any of them to bitch now is just two faced.

LOL
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:46 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 12:45 AM)abdemarco Wrote: If Tanev can't go tomorrow, Biega will likely get in... I wonder if it'll be time for Jordan Subban to get a call up?

Subban isn't going to make it as an NHL d-man. He could make it as a winger. The Canucks haven't given him a sniff. It tells you what they think about him.
Thanks given by:
Done.

[Image: image.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:51 AM)topgun Wrote:

Subban isn't going to make it as an NHL d-man. He could make it as a winger. The Canucks haven't given him a sniff. It tells you what they think about him.

Stecher seems to be doing alright.
Thanks given by:
Man i hope Sutter is ok, that looked really nasty.

Always good to beat a divisional rival, crappy ass uniforms and all
Thanks given by: C_Squared , C_Squared

He's still a pretty young guy Top.... I'm not too worried about him one way or the other.  Right now we have enough young guys as it is, hahaha.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:56 AM)trapper Wrote:

Stecher seems to be doing alright.

For every one small d-man that makes it there are 10 that don't when they have similar upward projections. Stetcher showed in training camp, then performed in the AHL and Subban has not even shown upon the radar. Big difference between the two.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:58 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

He's still a pretty young guy Top.... I'm not too worried about him one way or the other.  Right now we have enough young guys as it is, hahaha.

By sniff I mean pre-season games. They didn't think he was worthy of a lengthy look.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 01:02 AM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 12:58 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

By sniff I mean pre-season games. They didn't think he was worthy of a lengthy look.

Again... Subban isn't a concern for me right now... If he makes it, great.. that means he's beat out some pretty good young talent ( whether it's on the back end or up front ).   If his name was Jordan Smith, I imagine most wouldn't even bring up his name... just sayin.

Thanks given by:
So Tanev's injury from the shot or from what might have been a spear almost at the same time?
Thanks given by:
Right now, the Canucks are winning with great defense and strong play down the middle. I wouldn't play around too much with that formula by bringing in a high risk defenseman like Jordan Subban.

Never in my wildest imagination would I have believed that the Canucks could be playing this good. The real key is that the Canucks defense seems to be optimal at this point.

And they are getting significant contributions throughout the lineup from guys like Granlund, Burrows, and Baertschi. It was silly to think about this team being a playoff team a month ago, but right now you have to really consider it a possibility. And if you ask me, Markus Granlund is actually having a better year than his stats show. This kid could very well end up with anywhere between 40 and 50 points. What a steal of a trade. Banning deserves huge props for that trade and the Sven Baertschi trade.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 01:00 AM)topgun Wrote: For every one small d-man that makes it there are 10 that don't when they have similar upward projections. Stetcher showed in training camp, then performed in the AHL and Subban has not even shown upon the radar. Big difference between the two.

Subban is posting very good numbers in AHL and progressing nicely. I don't know how you can write him off right now.

And Stecher does seems to be blocking his path up to the Canucks but if 1 out of 2 small offensive defenseman pans out, what's the problem?

Subban being a solid contributor in AHL isn't exactly a flop for a 4th rounder either.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 10:04 PM)topgun Wrote: Fact:

The Canucks have only lost 2 games this season when both Edler and Tanev have been in the lineup this season.

Edler is great when he is with Tanev. yes, I have been ragging on him for 4 years. Just have to accept that he no longer hammers guys. Rest of his game is good. Needs to work on coverage in the D zone.

How many games have we PLAYED with both of them in the lineup?
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:33 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 10:44 PM)topgun Wrote: Shorthouse bringing Bannister and Landy into the play by play. A subtle tribute to the first sub 4 minute mile at Old Empire Stadium. Long before I was born but Savary was about 40 back then Wink

Oyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Man, I remember the day. Both broke 4 minutes. I was nine
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 12:45 AM)trapper Wrote:

What I ould like to know.....is given that the refs all had to cluster around the monitor for the "stajan review"  goal......how did they not call  a penalty on the review.....they certainly have the option.    Stajan skated through the crease and used his elbow to the head of Miller.    very basic call and while the Canucks were happy to actually win a review it would have likely been too bizarre for words had the review gone the other way.

This game stats just evened out the stats from the Montreal 3-0 W when the  Canucks outshot them 42-22 and launched the worst stretch of the season.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:

Can the Canucks just TRADE this guy before he breaks something irreparable? Sheesh, the guy is a dry twig. Sorry Nicky, the guy has got to go before the GMs realize he's only available for half the games.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 01:51 AM)abdemarco Wrote: So Tanev's injury from the shot or from what might have been a spear almost at the same time?

S.O.B. speared him in the nuts
Thanks given by: