Defencemen

Morgan Rielly – Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner – Connor Carrick
Matt Hunwick – Roman Polak

Goaltenders

Starter: Frederik Andersen (Confirmed)
Backup: Antoine Bibeau

Scratched: Josh Leivo
Injured: Martin Marincin (lower body), Ben Smith (lower body)
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/1646297/

TORONTO -- While the Toronto Maple Leafs held off the New Jersey Devils 4-2 Friday night, the Montreal Canadiens were already in Toronto, rested and ready to face their traditional rivals at the Air Canada Centre Saturday night.

The Canadiens may be refreshed after a 4-3 overtime win over the Dallas Stars on Wednesday, but they are hurting.

They announced Friday that Brendan Gallagher will be out a minimum of eight weeks after surgery to repair a broken left hand after he was hit by teammate Shea Weber's 97-mile-per-hour slapshot during the game in Dallas.

"It's the same hand he injured last season, but it's a different spot," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said Friday. "It's a tough break for him because he was starting to play some of his best hockey."

The Canadiens also lost Paul Byron to an upper-body injury Wednesday and he will not be available Saturday.

The Maple Leafs scored four goals in the first period Friday in Newark, N.J., but did not have a shot on goal in the third period as the Devils scored twice in the final 3:24 of the third period and had a 32-14 advantage in shots overall.

Toronto has won six of its past seven games and has moved into a playoff position.

"I never really thought about that," Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "If we just keep plugging along and doing good things, good things will happen to us. Like I said, we've got a long way to go as far as improving as a team and getting comfortable with the lead and all those things. We'll just keep working at it."

The Maple Leafs' only loss in their recent surge was 6-5 in overtime against the Capitals in Washington on Tuesday.

"I knew going into this season that we'd get better and better," said James van Riemsdyk, who had two assists for Toronto on Friday. "As the season has gone on, I think we've done that. Where that would leave us playoff-wise and points-wise, you never really know -- there's lots of unknowns.

"The guys that management has brought in have done a really good job and been key contributors. Now, again, we can't be satisfied here. We have to keep pushing and keep trying to get better. I think we have a lot of upside still."

The surging Alexander Radulov will be moved into Gallagher's spot on the Habs' first line with Phillip Danault and Max Pacioretty for the game in Toronto.

The Habs also called up Sven Andrighetto and Nikita Scherbak from St. John's of the AHL.

Andrighetto, who has been shuttled between St. John's and Montreal this season, will be teamed with Tomas Plekanec and Artturi Lehkonen against the Maple Leafs.

Scherbak's NHL debut will be on the fourth line with Michael McCarron and Bobby Farnham.

"We like how (Scherbak has) progressed this year compared to last year," Therrien said. "He had a fair training camp but since he's been in St. John's this year, his work ethic has been better. He's more responsible on the ice, with the puck and without the puck. We know he has skill, but I'm interested to see how he handles the pace."

Alex Galchenyuk, who has been out since Dec. 4 with a knee injury, and Andrei Markov, who has a groin injury, have rejoined the Canadiens on the road are not ready to play Saturday.

Montreal (24-9-6) is 9-6-4 on the road and Toronto (18-12-8) is 10-6-2 at home this season.
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
Don't know if anyone saw the Laine hit but McCabe rocked his world with an open ice hit that had him down for quite a while. Hope the kid is OK that was a wrecking ball.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
Ha! Some habbers, one sniveling little puke in particular, are crying about the refs already in their game thread. Classic.

GO LEAFS!!
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:48 PM)Blueeagle3 Wrote: Don't know if anyone saw the Laine hit but McCabe rocked his world with an open ice hit that had him down for  quite a while.  Hope the kid is OK that was a wrecking ball.

Had just turned that game off but saw a clip on Team Bleacher. He looked like he had no idea where he was. Also didn't look dirty.
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
Leafs have the new nhl by week after this. 5 full days with no practices. Babs has voiced his displeasure with the new rule. He thinks the Bye weeks will cause more problems than it will help.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:54 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Leafs have the new nhl by week after this. 5 full days with no practices. Babs has voiced his displeasure with the new rule. He thinks the Bye weeks will cause more problems than it will help.

this bi-week is a load of crap..!! why not just add a day or two to the all star break..? then everyone gets the same time off at the same time..? keep the hockey sched normal for us the fans Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:51 PM)Wilson Green Wrote: Ha! Some habbers, one sniveling little puke in particular, are crying about the refs already in their game thread. Classic.

GO LEAFS!!

he also posted this gem

"The leafs are hot alright....Or is it just smoke -n- mirrors???
A schedule that gave them:Colorado, Detroit, Arizona, New Jersey ..... yawn.....
Just the next batch of Blue Kool Aid, and you know how those guys love to suck it back!

then followed it up by saying we only win when we face other teams back up goalies..lmfao..!! he's a beuaty
Thanks given by: Wilson Green , Wilson Green
(2017-01-07, 05:51 PM)Wilson Green Wrote: Ha! Some habbers, one sniveling little puke in particular, are crying about the refs already in their game thread. Classic.

GO LEAFS!!

Its just Habling.  Ignore him lol.
Thanks given by:

GO LEAFS!!

I went in to look (even though I didn't have to) and I thought it was habling.

He seems to cry about everything.
Life is Hard ........ It's Harder if You're Stupid
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 06:10 PM)SNLeafaholic Wrote:

GO LEAFS!!

he also posted this gem

"The leafs are hot alright....Or is it just smoke -n- mirrors???
A schedule that gave them:Colorado, Detroit, Arizona, New Jersey ..... yawn.....
Just the next batch of Blue Kool Aid, and you know how those guys love to suck it back!

then followed it up by saying we only win when we face other teams back up goalies..lmfao..!! he's a beuaty

Beauty isn't the term I would use.  Wink

GO LEAFS!!
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 06:12 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:

GO LEAFS!!

Its just Habling.  Ignore him lol.

Oh I do, he's certainly not worthwhile engaging in conversation.

GO LEAFS!!

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
Meh, they're just having fun. I miss the banter between Leafs, Sens, and Habs fans back on the old SNet boards, especially on game-days.

Go Leafs!
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 06:29 PM)encore Wrote: Meh, they're just having fun. I miss the banter between Leafs, Sens, and Habs fans back on the old SNet boards, especially on game-days.

Go Leafs!

Those days sure were fun and rocky. Habling, well just being Habling. All good IMO!
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 06:14 PM)Expuffin Wrote:

GO LEAFS!!

I went in to look (even though I didn't have to) and I thought it was habling.

He seems to cry about everything.

funny thing is that they have one of the best teams in the NHL and they shit on us for trying to be better..? he has made three different excuses already and the game has not even started...I hope we pound them tonight..! the after game crying will be beautiful
Thanks given by:
That guy is a ten foot wanker...Lol
Let's not tarnish our forum with another thought.

😀

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , Wilson Green , SNLeafaholic
Go Leafs Go.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:48 PM)Blueeagle3 Wrote: Don't know if anyone saw the Laine hit but McCabe rocked his world with an open ice hit that had him down for  quite a while.  Hope the kid is OK that was a wrecking ball.

Just saw a replay of the hit. It was a nice clean hard hit. It's your bad Laine got hurt but there was nothing wrong with that hit. Laine tried to cut across the middle of the ice and got popped.
Thanks given by:
GO LEAFS GO
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
I'll be watching the Lions playoff game tonight but keeping up to date on the Leafs via this thread and my Score app. Go TML!
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by: