Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Montreal @ Toronto
Oh Andersen...

Sorry, but this game is on him.

He's been very good as of late, but he is absolute shit tonight.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
The panel was saying between periods that Lou might not send a rookie to the All-Star game! Is he daff?
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 09:16 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: Frack it! Another 2 goal lead!

I think Andersen will welcome the 5 days of rest. He looks sluggish in net tonight.
Thanks given by:
I guess a good goalie is allowed a dud every now and then but it sucks it had to happen on a Saturday night against the Habs.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , CaperLeaf , Wilson Green
This game has been an extension of our bad moments in some recent games. Fly by past the puck, poor coverage, scrambly play. But Anderson has been poor.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
To be fair, they keep playing him in back2backs a lot lately
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by:
I'd say three of five are on Andersen tonight.

It happens...

Thanks given by:
I hoped Bibeau got this game. French kid against the Habs. Coming off his last game where he was solid.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was hoping to see Bibeau tonight as well.
Thanks given by:
This is my issue with Nylander...He completely disappears on too many nights.

Thanks given by:
Matthews takes a rare penalty. Anyone think he might get some Lady Byng votes?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 09:37 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: This is my issue with Nylander...He completely disappears on too many nights.

Agreed. Tons of talent but more games like this might even put him in the press box for a brief time.
Thanks given by:
If we're not going to play Bibeau we need to get a backup Babcock trusts with so many games coming up.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 09:39 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 09:37 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: This is my issue with Nylander...He completely disappears on too many nights.

Agreed. Tons of talent but more games like this might even put him in the press box for a brief time.

If they have a shot at a high end rhd, I could see the Leafs using him as part of a deal
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 09:46 PM)WTTM Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 09:39 PM)shadylane Wrote:

If they have a shot at a high end rhd, I could see the Leafs using him as part of a deal

That not actually a crazy idea. If the Leafs don't see him as a centre long term it might make it a bit easier to part with him. I think Lou will probably make a strong play for Shattenkirk in the offseason though.
Thanks given by:
I don't like Nylander with Kadri and Komarov.  Babcock likes to match Kadri and Komarov up against the other team's best players that's not a good spot for Nylander IMO.
Thanks given by:
Oh well we lost to a team who was better this night. Even with all those injuries and call ups Montreal is still a team that better as long as Price shows up.
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
Will it ever end?? 13 straight losses vs the Habs....they could ice their AHL farm team out there & STILL would outclass the Leafs.

I'm sick of this already. Enough is enough. Isn't a rivalry a rivalry when BOTH teams play well vs each other, not just one completely dominating the other over & over again.

I feel like we won't ever see the Leafs beat the Habs again until after Carey Price retires.
Thanks given by:
Goaltending was indeed the story tonight, but it had nothing to do with Carey Price.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for being a little bit of a troll but.......

once again....so sorry
I would rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Thanks given by: