Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Rousey's Return vs Nunes
She "dominated" because she was mostly fighting people who were not very good. She was a olympic athlete fighting gym rats.  Its not a coicedence that the first two people who had legit striking backrounds made Rousey look like a complete amateur. Hell people were saying for years that a good striker would light Rousey up.

She is a essentially a female Lesnar.
Thanks given by:
Tate, Kaufman, Zingano, Correia, Davis, McMann were all dominated by Rousey. They were not shit fighters except to the Monday morning quarterbacks. Some of these women Nunes lost to.
Thanks given by:
Noone is saying Ronda was never any good.  Obviously she was & is a pioneer, but she was a 1 trick pony. She was hyped up as this 'once in forever athlete' which was ridiculous.

Once WMMA evolved a bit more, she got exposed big time.  Her idiot trainer tried convincing her she could box!  He's as much the problem as anything.  There's some great audio of him screeching & yelling last nite as the beatdown happened!

He's now ruined Travis Browne & Ronda
Thanks given by:
You said she was never good to begin with in post #13.
Thanks given by:
She really got picked apart. It's amazing how someone so experienced can leave themselves so exposed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I said she wasn't that good in the 1st place, which she isn't.  She was very good at 1 thing.

She had 1 trick in her toolbox.  WMMA was still in it's infancy & she had no competition.  None.   As soon as WMMA caught up, she got rolled cuz she never evolved, which would also prove my point that she wasn't that good. She was good enough to be champ until the real challengers showed up. The majority of women fighting in WMMA are terrible. At least Ronda had judo
Thanks given by:
2016 took its last victim: Ronda Rousey's career.
"Fool me once......shame on......shame on you......Go fool me can't get fool again!"  -  George W. Bush
Thanks given by:
Didn't watch last night...but I had a spare minute, so I watched it now.

Man she got destroyed. No offense. No defense. She did her best impression of a punching bag.

She got CM Punked.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-31, 12:15 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Tate, Kaufman, Zingano, Correia, Davis, McMann were all dominated by Rousey. They were not shit fighters except to the Monday morning quarterbacks. 

-Tate has never been much of anything other than a pretty face.
-Kauffman was a mediocre BJJ (brown belt) with poor striking going up against a Olympic level Judoka.
-Zigano was basically an amateur BJJ (purple belt) with poor striking going up against a Olympic level Judoka.
-Correia was basically a total novice BJJ (blue belt) with poor striking going up against an Olympic level judoka.
-Davis was a better, but not amazing BJJ (black belt but no competition experience) with poor striking going up against an Olympic level judoka.
-McMann was a wrestler who had only been training MMA for ~2 years.

If you think it is being a monday morning QB to say that a freaking blue belt with 2 career KO's is not much competition for a woman who was training Judo since a pre-teen and medalled at the Olympics then I don't know what to tell you.

Why do you think Rousey always was the insanely heavy favourite in the odds? She was +1500 against Correia, lol. You don't get to be a +1500 favourite fighting good competition.

Rousey was a good, albeit 1 dimensional fighter, who was fighting absolutely awful competition.
Thanks given by: CTS
Had to laugh...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apparently, one of the "frothing haters"??  Weird..
Thanks given by: cool_as_a , Bong13
Lol Bandit...

Thanks given by:
Well, the UFC marketed their best looking fighter, very successfully, for many years.

They both made money...And lots of it.

Success.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-31, 01:52 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 12:15 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Tate, Kaufman, Zingano, Correia, Davis, McMann were all dominated by Rousey. They were not shit fighters except to the Monday morning quarterbacks. 

-Kauffman was a mediocre BJJ (brown belt) with poor striking going up against a Olympic level Judoka.
-Zigano was basically an amateur BJJ (purple belt) with poor striking going up against a Olympic level Judoka.
-Correia was basically a total novice BJJ (blue belt) with poor striking going up against an Olympic level judoka.
-Davis was a better, but not amazing BJJ (black belt but no competition experience) with poor striking going up against an Olympic level judoka.

If you think it is being a monday morning QB to say that a freaking blue belt with 2 career KO's is not much competition for a woman who was training Judo since a pre-teen and medalled at the Olympics then I don't know what to tell you.

Why do you think Rousey always was the insanely heavy favourite in the odds? She was +1500 against Correia, lol. You don't get to be a +1500 favourite fighting good competition.

Rousey was a good, albeit 1 dimensional fighter, who was fighting absolutely awful competition.

You are being the epitome of a Monday morning quarterback. Some people love to relish in watching somebody fall from grace and act as if they saw it all along.
Thanks given by:
I just don't think there's many good female fighters.  Cyborg is heads & shoulders above everyone else.  Maybe Joanna is 2nd best?   Cyborg could beat Rousey & Nunes in the same night!.

There's a few pretty faces who they try to market.   The Karate Hottie,  Paige Vanzant & a couple Russian fighters.   

I don't like watching WMMA because they're not very good & look like amateurs.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-31, 04:09 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote:

You are being the epitome of a Monday morning quarterback. Some people love to relish in watching somebody fall from grace and act as if they saw it all along.

The thing with Rhonda though is that her weaknesses have been on full display since the beginning and they never improved. Even in victory, she showcased her terrible stand up. It isn't some new revelation that this result was imminent if she didn't correct it, which she didn't.

Hell, even in their big build up to her return, I caught a few minutes of them reliving some of her previous fights and the Correia fight came up. Even though she eventually overwhelmed Bethe, there she was walking like Frankenstein to close the distance for a clinch, eating a few shots along the way.

The UFC really pumped her tires and rode her hard to build the division. Nothing wrong with that, although not a perfect fighter, she was the perfect fighter to promote the women's division. But anybody watching with an objective eye and ignoring (mostly) the hype train, could see what was going to happen.

At the end of the day, her "coach" is highly regarded as one of the biggest idiots in MMA and didn't work effectively enough to improve her stand up weakness and she paid the ultimate price for it.

With all of this said, I always kind of liked Rhonda and thought she did an amazing job promoting WMMA, but her reaction to the Holm loss and now especially her reaction to this one, is borderline pathetic and I've lost pretty much all respect for her. Dana and her mom and whoever else can throw all the excuses out there about how "ultra competitive" she is and thats why she takes the losses so hard, but it's all bull shit and a slap in the face to every other fighter who has tasted the bitter pill of defeat and still stood tall while their opponent was crowned the victor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-31, 04:09 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: You are being the epitome of a Monday morning quarterback. Some people love to relish in watching somebody fall from grace and act as if they saw it all along.

Except I, and LOTS of other people, were saying all those things for years. Well before she fought Holm. If you spent any time on an actual MMA forum you would have seen literally hundreds of thread/posts calling out Ronda for her awful standup and terrible competition. Hell even here, where there is only like two or three MMA fans, people were doing it.

CTS Wrote:Correia has defeated 2 or 3 of Rousey's teammates. The 4 Horse women. Lamest name ever. Just another lame duck opponent for Rousey

That post is from March 2015. 5 months before Rousey fought Correia.

http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/T...#pid171659

Just because you did not realize something till after the fact doesnt not mean everyone else was in the dark as well. You are accusing us of being monday morning QB's when really you should be pointing the finger at yourself for falling for all the bullshit hype.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-31, 06:02 PM)Superlube11 Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 04:09 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote:

The thing with Rhonda though is that her weaknesses have been on full display since the beginning and they never improved. Even in victory, she showcased her terrible stand up. It isn't some new revelation that this result was imminent if she didn't correct it, which she didn't.

Hell, even in their big build up to her return, I caught a few minutes of them reliving some of her previous fights and the Correia fight came up. Even though she eventually overwhelmed Bethe, there she was walking like Frankenstein to close the distance for a clinch, eating a few shots along the way.

The UFC really pumped her tires and rode her hard to build the division. Nothing wrong with that, although not a perfect fighter, she was the perfect fighter to promote the women's division. But anybody watching with an objective eye and ignoring (mostly) the hype train, could see what was going to happen.

At the end of the day, her "coach" is highly regarded as one of the biggest idiots in MMA and didn't work effectively enough to improve her stand up weakness and she paid the ultimate price for it.

With all of this said, I always kind of liked Rhonda and thought she did an amazing job promoting WMMA, but her reaction to the Holm loss and now especially her reaction to this one, is borderline pathetic and I've lost pretty much all respect for her. Dana and her mom and whoever else can throw all the excuses out there about how "ultra competitive" she is and thats why she takes the losses so hard, but it's all bull shit and a slap in the face to every other fighter who has tasted the bitter pill of defeat and still stood tall while their opponent was crowned the victor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some more insight from Kenny Florian in regards to what I was eluding to with the bolded. She doesn't have to be a world class striker (that's pretty unrealistic anyways), but she needs a way to get the fight to where she's the strongest.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ronda-rou...g-working/
Thanks given by:
I assume she is done.
Thanks given by:
I'd argue she didn't return at all...
Thanks given by:
If Rousey were to fight again, i would strongly urge her to go to a REAL gym & get far away from that Edmund nut job!
Thanks given by: