Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Rousey's Return vs Nunes
(2016-12-31, 02:20 AM)CTS Wrote: Watching Gardbrandt at the post fight presser, he's actually a really good dude. Humble, respectful of Cruz & of course taking that kid in the cage with him was a feel good story

Yeah, that was solid. Gave the kid his belt and is going to "buy a fake one for himself". Big props to Cody for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Well Ronda is a tough lady. Bronze medal in Judo and all. So she made a potful of loot in professional fighting.  Good for her. I'd kind of like to see her do that jogging thing out at UBC. It would be the last time that serial attacker tries that crap

I don't like her all that much, though.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 03:45 PM)CTS Wrote: If Rousey were to fight again, i would strongly urge her to go to a REAL gym & get far away from that Edmund nut job!

Yep. The sad thing is that her grappling is still MILES above everyone else. If someone could convince her to stop thinking she is a boxer just and work on some pretty basic things like footwork and how to close distance without using her face as a shield she would be in a much better place. Hell just a decent double or single leg would do wonders for her.

WMMA has definitely gotten better but lets be real. Rousey still beats like 99% of women in her division and probably pretty easily. Its the 1% that can actually throw a punch that are going to give her trouble.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2017-01-05, 09:29 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 03:45 PM)CTS Wrote: If Rousey were to fight again, i would strongly urge her to go to a REAL gym & get far away from that Edmund nut job!

Yep. The sad thing is that her grappling is still MILES above everyone else. If someone could convince her to stop thinking she is a boxer just and work on some pretty basic things like footwork and how to close distance without using her face as a shield she would be in a much better place. Hell just a decent double or single leg would do wonders for her.

WMMA has definitely gotten better but lets be real. Rousey still beats like 99% of women in her division and probably pretty easily. Its the 1% that can actually throw a punch that are going to give her trouble.

Footwork and balance are SO under rated. That (and stance/guard) alone can go a long way towards saving your hide if you are set upon by a thug.
Thanks given by: