Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Vancouver @ Calgary, 1/7/17
Miller won the game last night for the canucks and now Johnson won the game for the Flems tonight.

[Image: image.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:26 AM)trapper Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 12:11 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: The Flames scored their only two goals when Tryamkin had to leave the game with an injury. He comes back and they don't get a sniff.

Is it just me, or is he criminally underrated. He's always in the right spot and he's always out there against the speedsters and giving them hell with his long reach. He reminds me quite a bit of Willie Mitchell.

And he is quite honestly making Gudbranson look obsolete and tradeable, his toughness notwithstanding.

If the canucks make the playoffs and that's a huge IF, Gudbranson would be invaluable.
The issue when he returns is that the Canucks are going to have seven legitimate NHL defenseman. Luca Sbisa would be the worst of the bunch, but now even he's playing well. And he's waiver bait, unless Biega sees significant action. Juolevi is also on deck. It's a good kind of dilemma, but still a dilemma.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yup. Definitely not the kind of loss to complain about.

Good effort. Good character. Good resilience.

Who knows. If Megma wasn't the one in the slot, the Canucks might have gone on to win Wink
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:33 AM)topgun Wrote: Johnson played a great game and saved the game for the Flames.

Easily could have been a win tonight.      Didn't like to see the 'son of fat pig' extending his point streak.     That was a breakdown.   The Canucks are missing their physical guys and the Flames got off lightly in that dept.

At least the refs are no longer a factor in Flames games.     thank you Wideman....thank you very much.       Amazing to go from least penalized for 2 years (after Burkes son moved into NHL head office)  to most penalized starting the game after the "Widey Gambit"      And who says the NHL is not pulling strings?
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Sbisa has played very well and he's getting better every game. I've defensed him before in our threads but he's taken his game to another level.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:38 AM)topgun Wrote: Sbisa has played very well and he's getting better every game. I've defensed him before in our threads but he's taken his game to another level.

Yup!    The only time he really makes a mistake is when he tries a short slow pass in his own zone for breakout.       But he is so much better this year.
Thanks given by:
Sibsa is a foundational player.....or was that Sutter, I forget.   Happy
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:43 AM)trapper Wrote: Sibsa is a foundational player.....or was that Sutter, I forget.   Happy

Sedin, Sutter, Sbisa-- all the S's are good foundational types.  

And the H's.   Don't forget the H's.  Wink
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
Really encouraging game after last night's, especially considering they played the entire game short one defenseman. I don't believe the team had another D-man available on such short notice, and it might not have made any difference, but it was still a good showing.
Thanks given by:
Well the BIG TURD ended up being nothing more than a stinky fart. What a let down.
Thanks given by:
or chilli night in the Trapper household. Silly
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
Tryamkin was a beast. He's injured two guys with LEGAL checks this season. Pretty soon the word is going to get out that there is a new Sheriff in town.

I absolutely love his game.
Thanks given by: C_Squared
Agreed with all... great effort... especially with only 5 D...

On to Nashville and Philly...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:38 AM)topgun Wrote: Sbisa has played very well and he's getting better every game. I've defensed him before in our threads but he's taken his game to another level.

I've always defended Sbisa. Got a bit of flak for it, too.

We need big Pedan. Even if it means one of the twins sits . Bring up Labate and Pedan.

We held Calgary to 2 goals.. e.n.g not counting. How do you like Rodin, so far? I'm not a fan, not even a little bit. Too small, too soft

Jesus Christ is Lord
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 01:35 AM)Highstyx Wrote:

We need big Pedan. Even if it means one of the twins sits . Bring up Labate and Pedan.

We held Calgary to 2 goals.. e.n.g not counting. How do you like Rodin, so far? I'm not a fan, not even a little bit. Too small, too soft

Bunk Styx....you have seen Rodin for the same 12 minutes the rest of us have.        The list of NHL players that would be eliminated from playing based on their first few minutes of play would start with 1/2 the HoF and go from there.      Lidstrom and Chara ....gone.....please don't start gripping about Rodin until he at least gets 10 minutes/game for 10 games running.    The man was the MVP of a very good hockey league after playing only 1/2 the season.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 12:53 AM)topgun Wrote: Tryamkin was a beast. He's injured two guys with LEGAL checks this season. Pretty soon the word is going to get out that there is a new Sheriff in town.

Yup......he is playing way better than anybody expected but no better than many hoped.     Given the respective levels of performance at this stage of development he is light years ahead of where Chara was at the same entry point.       

Believe you me......Ferland will not get another hit like that on Tryamkin.  In fact few will.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 08:15 AM)shoes Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 01:35 AM)Highstyx Wrote:

Bunk Styx....you have seen Rodin for the same 12 minutes the rest of us have.        The list of NHL players that would be eliminated from playing based on their first few minutes of play would start with 1/2 the HoF and go from there.      Lidstrom and Chara ....gone.....please don't start gripping about Rodin until he at least gets 10 minutes/game for 10 games running.    The man was the MVP of a very good hockey league after playing only 1/2 the season.

Yep! Ya got me shoes. Guess I just have a preference for the soldiers. Obviously I don't know much about Rodin, but then I am not the GM.. (be ye ever so thankful)

I hope you are right. I will just have to go back to trashing Edler ( Shocked ) and Ericksson  Icon_redface and I STILL want to see Labate and Pedan Angry Seen Pedan for ONE game and he hit everything in sight, and etc

Jesus Christ is Lord
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 09:03 AM)shoes Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 12:53 AM)topgun Wrote: Tryamkin was a beast. He's injured two guys with LEGAL checks this season. Pretty soon the word is going to get out that there is a new Sheriff in town.

Yup......he is playing way better than anybody expected but no better than many hoped.     Given the respective levels of performance at this stage of development he is light years ahead of where Chara was at the same entry point.       

Believe you me......Ferland will not get another hit like that on Tryamkin.  In fact few will.

Yeah but I like the Ferlands of this game

Jesus Christ is Lord
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 03:05 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

Ferland is averaging 2.0 hits per game and Tryamkin is averaging 2.34 hits per game which leads our team in hits per game. 

Tryamkin is much higher than Gudbranson @ 2.20 hit/game and Sbisa @ 1.57 hit/game. Edler your favorite softy is @ 1.86 hits/game. If you like Sbisa then you should like Edler based on these stats alone
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 03:29 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 03:05 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

Ferland is averaging 2.0 hits per game and Tryamkin is averaging 2.34 hits per game which leads our team in hits per game. 

Tryamkin is much higher than Gudbranson @ 2.20 hit/game and Sbisa @ 1.57 hit/game. Edler your favorite softy is @ 1.86 hits/game. If you like Sbisa then you should like Edler based on these stats alone

I am good with Edler now. He just drives me crazy when he busts 45 sticks a year. Starting to like this whole team, bub

That Hathaway guy in Calgary will be a good one. Not a high scorer, but everyone will hate him.

Jesus Christ is Lord
Thanks given by: