Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HABS vs Caps 7:35 p.m start time
Price vs Holtby. 

Never an easy game for us, but hopefully we can show the same grit and intensity we have been playing with. 

There is some speculation that both Markov and Galchenyuk could make a return to the lineup tonight, but there has been no confirmation at this time. So lineup and lines are still up in the air right now
Thanks given by:
Shaw and Bryon on ice for practice this morning

Chuck/Markov still with non contact.

Mcc and Sherbak practicing with PP units

We will know more after practice is done
Thanks given by:
Looks like Byron will be back in the lineup tonight. Galchenyuk, Markov and Shaw looks like not just yet.

Also looks like Carr will be the odd man out. Im surprised since I have seen him playing much better lately, but just getting unlucky;
Thanks given by:
John LuVerified account
‏@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs Carr, Terry, Redmond, Shaw and Galchenyuk are still on the ice after morning skate. Indications are that Byron should play tonight.
Thanks given by:
I don't get the Carr has been playing better lately

If a player isn't scoring, or creating scoring chances, then I still want to notice him out there bringing something. Carr has not. Not to my eyes.

So not saying he isn't playing better....but he has been awful so far this year, so better then awful?

Right now I would keep McC above Carr or Ghetto in a second.

And I would give Sherbak another game/look for sure above Carr/Ghetto

Last game Lehk/Ghetto were noticeable. They were creating chances. Carr has played more regularly then all the call up forwards so far this season. By now he should have cemented his spot. He hasn't. I have no problem if others do better for Carr to go back down. He just never went back to what he seemed to be last year before his injury. I mean I know Gally isn't scoring much this season either....but he was suppose to be similar to Gally. Maybe not as much pain in the butt with a tad more scoring. Nope.
Thanks given by:
any line combo info out there? Forgot my phone at home so no twitter access today for me
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:04 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Looks like Byron will be back in the lineup tonight. Galchenyuk, Markov and Shaw looks like not just yet.

Also looks like Carr will be the odd man out. Im surprised since I have seen him playing much better lately, but just getting unlucky;

I hope that they don't rush some of these players back, because they will be needed a 100% healthy down the stretch and playoffs.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:43 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: I don't get the Carr has been playing better lately

If a player isn't scoring, or creating scoring chances, then I still want to notice him out there bringing something.  Carr has not.  Not to my eyes.

So not saying he isn't playing better....but he has been awful so far this year, so better then awful?

Right now I would keep McC above Carr or Ghetto in a second.

And I would give Sherbak another game/look for sure above Carr/Ghetto

Last game Lehk/Ghetto were noticeable.  They were creating chances.  Carr has played more regularly then all the call up forwards so far this season.  By now he should have cemented his spot.  He hasn't.  I have no problem if others do better for Carr to go back down.  He just never went back to what he seemed to be last year before his injury.  I mean I know Gally isn't scoring much this season either....but he was suppose to be similar to Gally.  Maybe not as much pain in the butt with a tad more scoring.  Nope.

Carr has been applying a good forecheck for many games now. His defensive game is what has clearly improved. IMO, however, while that's a good thing for him, if he,s not scoring, there are plenty of defensively responsible players to chose from other than Carr who still isn't the fastest skater around.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:46 PM)HIGGINSFAN Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 12:04 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Looks like Byron will be back in the lineup tonight. Galchenyuk, Markov and Shaw looks like not just yet.

I hope that they don't rush some of these players back, because they will be needed a 100% healthy down the stretch and playoffs.

I am not too worried about the habs rushing anyone. Not since they have survived well.

A player tho may try to get back in too quickly, but hopefully our medical staff is good enough to know when the time is right
Thanks given by:
Oh ya, I am surprised Andrighetto gets yet another shot tonight. He really wasn't very good last game either.
Thanks given by:
maybe I am bias, but I thought Ghetto was better then Carr.

Again, neither are grabbing the opportunity....and I really am a fan of ghetto...but at this point, it's not the coach's fault if they are in or not. They are given a golden opportunity, but really aren't taking it. I don't expect either to be great goal scorers...but I want to see hussle, good skating, good D, and seeing them create offensive chances. I have seen little of that last one out of Carr this year. Ghetto played better last game.
Thanks given by:
Hoping for a strong second half season from Plekanec. I don't want him traded this year, we need him. Side note re: Plekanec: He has 17 points, 2 more than the beloved Patrice Bergeron. Plekanec is not the only player struggling this year.
Thanks given by:
Byron is in....
And several others might just be a day away.

GO HABS GO!!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 03:09 PM)bchippie Wrote: Hoping for a strong second half season from Plekanec. I don't want him traded this year, we need him. Side note re: Plekanec: He has 17 points, 2 more than the beloved Patrice Bergeron. Plekanec is not the only player struggling this year.

Ya I am hoping he can pull a Damphousse, who usually got off to a slow first half (of course nowhere near Plekanec slow) and then would tear it up the second half and playoffs.
Thanks given by: Leb7
Lars Eller's first game at the Bell Center since being traded. I like Eller. We're better off with Shaw and Danault of course but I did like him.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 06:02 PM)bchippie Wrote: Lars Eller's first game at the Bell Center since being traded. I like Eller. We're better off with Shaw and Danault of course but I did like him.

I liked him too, but another guy who couldnt reach anywhere near his potential. We got glimpses here and there, but just way too inconsistent. Too bad
Thanks given by:
Yup. Danault is reaching for his potential while Eller couldnt consistantly. I did not understand MB when he said Dan made eller expendable last summer, especially when he started on the wing this season. These injuries forces mt to play Dan at C. Rest is history, goos history.

Dan replaces Eller. And thw assets we got for Eller allowed MB to feel he could use assets to trade for shaw. Domino effect that worked real well. Its like we traded Halak for Dan and Shaw lol
Thanks given by:
Eller isn't generally a player who will hurt you. He learns your system and can play in it, even if not spectacularly. I had hoped he could use his size more effectively and with higher intensity. Washington is playing very well and he's part of that team.
Thanks given by:
Caps really like playing at Bell Centre. They're 10-0-2 there in the regular season dating to Nov. 2009. They're also currently the hottest team in the league with 5 straight wins.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 04:37 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 03:09 PM)bchippie Wrote: Hoping for a strong second half season from Plekanec. I don't want him traded this year, we need him. Side note re: Plekanec: He has 17 points, 2 more than the beloved Patrice Bergeron. Plekanec is not the only player struggling this year.

Ya I am hoping he can pull a Damphousse, who usually got off to a slow first half (of course nowhere near Plekanec slow) and then would tear it up the second half and playoffs.

Easy to say he'd be traded but that contract is not a fit on most teams.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by: