Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF Class 2017
First 2 members voted in today by the 16 person Veterans committee. John Schuerholz and Bud Selig.

Schuerholz unanimously, Selig was left off 1 ballot.

The news of Selig getting in so easily, has sparked some debate. Selig himself, as an owner(along with other owners), was found guilty of suppressing free agent salaries in 3 separate seasons by an independent arbitrator.   

Here's an article about the rest

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/the-hypocri...l-of-fame/
Thanks given by:
Here's a list of the 34 players on this years ballot as well. Voting results will be released January 18th. 15 holdovers, 19 newcomers.

Jeff Bagwell
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Trevor Hoffman
Jeff Kent
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Mike Mussina
Tim Raines
Curt Schilling
Gary Sheffield
Lee Smith
Sammy Sosa
Billy Wagner
Larry Walker

Casey Blake
Pat Burrell
Orlando Cabrera
Mike Cameron
J.D. Drew
Carlos Guillen
Vladimir Guerrero
Derrek Lee
Melvin Mora
Magglio Ordonez
Jorge Posada
Manny Ramirez
Edgar Renteria
Arthur Rhodes
Ivan Rodriguez
Freddy Sanchez
Matt Stairs
Jason Varitek
Tim Wakefield
Thanks given by:
Bagwell
Kent

That is all.
Thanks given by:
Raines and Bagwell.

The Raines train is full steam ahead and it's his last year on the ballot.

Vlad too.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 09:22 AM)Chris D Wrote: Bagwell
Kent

That is all.

Werent you against kent getting in a while back or am i thinking of someone else?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 08:03 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 09:22 AM)Chris D Wrote: Bagwell
Kent

That is all.

Werent you against kent getting in a while back or am i thinking of someone else?

I have been on the fence, leaning against...

but just looking at the field now, I think he may stand a better chance now.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 01:32 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: Here's a list of the 34 players on this years ballot as well. Voting results will be released January 18th. 15 holdovers, 19 newcomers.

Jeff Bagwell
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Trevor Hoffman
Jeff Kent
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Mike Mussina
Tim Raines
Curt Schilling
Gary Sheffield
Lee Smith
Sammy Sosa
Billy Wagner
Larry Walker

Casey Blake
Pat Burrell
Orlando Cabrera
Mike Cameron
J.D. Drew
Carlos Guillen
Vladimir Guerrero
Derrek Lee
Melvin Mora
Magglio Ordonez
Jorge Posada
Manny Ramirez
Edgar Renteria
Arthur Rhodes
Ivan Rodriguez
Freddy Sanchez
Matt Stairs
Jason Varitek
Tim Wakefield

I'd say Bagwell, Bonds, Clemens, Hoffman, Kent, Raines, Wagner, Sosa, Ramirez, Rodriguez.

I'd like to possibly vote for McGriff, Mussina, Schilling, Sheffield, Walker, Guerrero but the limit is in the way.

If I were to strategically vote, I'd be tempted to keep Rodriguez off, and put Guerrero on
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 07:56 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Raines and Bagwell.

The Raines train is full steam ahead and it's his last year on the ballot.

Jonah Keri has been campaigning for Raines pretty heavily on Twitter lately.

I hope he gets in too.
Thanks given by:
Question, If or when Vladdy gets the call, should he enter the Hall as an Angel or as an Expo?

IMO he should definitely enter as an Angel. He won the MVP in 04 with the Angels. And the Angels were a perennial playoff team during the Vladimir Guerrero era.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 04:19 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Question, If or when Vladdy gets the call, should he enter the Hall as an Angel or as an Expo?

IMO he should definitely enter as an Angel. He won the MVP in 04 with the Angels. And the Angels were a perennial playoff team during the Vladimir Guerrero era.

Vladdy said previously he would probably go in as an Angel simply because the Expos no longer exist. it's worth noting though that MLB has the actual final say.

EDIT: apparently he changed his mind last year and wants to go in as an Expo http://www.tsn.ca/report-guerrero-would-...s-1.181514

If he goes in as an Angel I'm rioting though.

Thanks given by:
Vladimir Guerrero Would Enter Baseball Hall of Fame as Los Angeles Angel

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26201...eles-angel

Thanks given by:
IMO, if Guerrero gets in, he SHOULD be in as an Expo...basically 10 years in the organization, and only 6 in LA.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 04:52 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Vladimir Guerrero Would Enter Baseball Hall of Fame as Los Angeles Angel

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26201...eles-angel

Is that an opinion piece?  I thought players couldn't choose their team when inducted anymore?
Thanks given by:
Players still get input but MLB decides in the end because, well, Wade Boggs is (allegedly) an idiot.

AFAIK the only time it has really caused a problem is with Andre Dawson. He publicly stated he wanted to go in as a Cub but MLB said he had to go in as an Expo because he played there longer. Based on that you would assume Vladdy would wind up as an Expo as well.
Thanks given by:
38 public ballots so far(8-9%)

4 players above the 75% mark, Bagwell 89%, Raines 89%, Rodriguez 82%, Hoffman 79%.

4 other players above 60%, Guerrero 71%, Bonds 68%, Clemens 68%, Martinez 63%
Thanks given by:
44 public ballots, puts it over the 10% mark.

Bagwell 89%, Raines 86%, Rodriguez 80%, Hoffman 80%, Guerrero 75%

Bonds 68%, Clemens 68%, Martinez 64%
Thanks given by:
55 public ballots (12-13%)

Bagwell 89%, Raines 89%, Rodriguez 80%, Hoffman 75%

Guerrero 73%, Bonds 67%, Clemens 67%, Martinez 65%, Mussina 64%
Thanks given by:
IRod getting more love than I thought he would (as a juicer)

Can't argue with his stats...offensively and defensively one of the best catchers ever...but PED use has been a big cloud over the users and have kept others from getting in.
Thanks given by:
If I remember recent HoF voting correctly public voters have historically been more friendly to those connected with PED's since it has become such a big thing. Public voters have also seemed to be more likely to fill their ballots too, so guys like Martinez and Mussina do better with them.

Based on those results I'd guess only Bagwell and Raines get in. Sad to see how little love Vlad is getting. He definitely deserves enshrinement imo.
Thanks given by:
I dont really agree with the notion, but seems voters hold distinction to who should be first ballot hall of famers or not. They held Alomar back for a year presumably because of the spitting incident.

not making it this year, doesn't mean he won't later.
Thanks given by: