Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horvat to the All-Star Game
I'm not sure that this comes as a surprise, but I'd still call it pleasant:
Thanks given by:
I said it several years ago that Bo's ceiling is #1C.

This guy works so hard to get better in in every aspect of his game. He reminds me of the Sedins who worked extremely hard to better themselves. Bo is naturally bigger and he has the advantages of genetics in his favor but let's all appreciate the amazing determination he has to get better.

Bo Horvat and Ryan Johansen have the same number of points going into this game.

I can bump threads when posters here wanted to trade Horvat + 1st round picks for R.J. but I won't.

Bo Horvat is #24 in the league in generating primary points, that's goals and the primary assist. So much for those who said that Bo can't be a play maker. I am looking at you Marsh on the latter when you asked that question earlier this season. Wink

Still, we should have gotten more for Cory Schneider. It should have been Horvat plus because of how highly regarded Schneider was. The entire hockey world was shocked that we only got 1 single first rounder for an elite goalie that was on the rise.

Gillis was a horrible drafter and a horrible trader. No wonder he's still unemployed.
Thanks given by:
Congrats Horvat;

Best 3rd line center to make the show.   Wink
Thanks given by: nicky
(2017-01-10, 06:52 PM)trapper Wrote: Congrats Horvat;

Best 3rd line center to make the show.   Wink

Willie knows. 

Horvat is 3rd in ice time on the Canucks at the Centre Ice Position.
Thanks given by:
Why play your best forward a lot ? Willie knows what he's doing. After all he did start Horvat on the 4th line to start the season. Don't make me bump that thread.
Thanks given by:
well deserved by the Horvatian one.
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
Good stuff.

Thanks given by:
Good for Bo.
Too bad this is just gonna be the NHL all star game: Mathews edition. All Mathews, all the time.

But whatever, the game is a farce. As long as Bo doesn't get an injury out of this malarkey that's all I care about.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but... the All Star game is as interesting as counting telephone poles from the train Vancouver to Montreal.

(There are 161,208 of them.Icon_eek

Yaa ... so negative. Hope he scores a hat
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Not a bad All-Star debut for Bo! 2 goals and 2 assists. I thought his line was the team's best line the whole game.

Thanks given by:
Bo did well today - his one goal was a beauty.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-29, 09:40 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Bo did well today - his one goal was a beauty.

Ah, I wish he was from Alberta or at least Saskatchewan.Willie gives more ice time to prairie boys.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-30, 11:10 AM)Marsh Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 09:40 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Bo did well today - his one goal was a beauty.

Ah, I wish he was from Alberta or at least Saskatchewan.Willie gives more ice time to prairie boys.

It seems like only yesterday that Bo's ceiling was established at "good 3rd line centre"   because of lack of speed.    Right here on this board with help from our neighbours.       Shocked        

Nobody can say that anymore.     Happy

And all this with him playing with a Calgary reject and a failed buy-out candidate....both of whom were written down.

Bo has exactly the right attitude you need for a rebuilding team.     He credits the fact he started at the bottom (4th line centre) with where he is now..  (all-star for Canucks)    I really see a lot of Shane Doan style in Bo, but I hope the management can do a little better around him in the next 15 years.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by: