Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the D is going to WIN this series: GDT Game #5
I like those lines.

Byron has been one of our best players IMO, and probably our top forward. For a guy that small it's great to see him leading in hits. Shows that he is committed to playoff hockey, and with his speed he is still able to stay in the plays and be productive and one of the reasons that line has been our best.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 11:01 AM)Habfan Wrote: I like those lines.

Byron has been one of our best players IMO, and probably our top forward.  For a guy that small it's great to see him leading in hits.  Shows that he is committed to playoff hockey, and with his speed he is still able to stay in the plays and be productive and one of the reasons that line has been our best.

He was our second best goal scorer in the regular season and whether he played over his head then or not it is reasonable to expect him to be contributing with more goals and offense than he has. There's certainly been bigger disappointments from guys who have been in the playoffs before but that doesnt make his lack of offense in the playoffs acceptable
Thanks given by:
I think that our expectations from guys who are barely or not even .5 PPG players are a little overblown. Guys like Pacioretty and Galchenyuk are not producing enough, compared to their season numbers, for sure. That said, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk often go long stretches without any points before going on a tear.

To quote Sergachev, "It is what it is."

Let's just hope players like Pacioretty and Galchenyuk start going on a ter this Saturday Happy
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
I understand the need to have the discussion about changes in the offseason and possibly going on a different direction. What I don't understand is why go there now when we haven't lost the series yet. It's possible that we will win this. We haven't lost anything yet. The Rangers have lost 6 out of their last 7 playoffs at home. It is not an impossible task to win another game in New York.

GO HABS GO!!!
Thanks given by:
If anybody here didn't feel good for Desharnais scoring the OT winner in Edmonton yesterday, you're a dark dark person, Happy He also got an assist on the tying goal. Good for him.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 10:33 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Our PP could've/should've made the difference last night and placed the game out of reach, early. It didn't.

Dress McCarron and use him on the PP in front of the net or pull a Pronger and put Weber, the Man Mountain there! (  that last part makes no sense but, it didn't with Pronger either Wink   )

Desperate times often call for desperate measures. Perhaps Julien will decide to make some changes to the lineup.

IMO, Radulov and Galchenyuk is not a good pairing as it becomes defensively suspect. You know Radulov will be tied down, along the boards, deep in the O-zone and Galchenyuk will be overcommitted with little care to do his job back checking.

Danault - Radulov is a great pairing, IMO. Those two have the highest success rate at passing the puck and leading to scoring opportunities, the highest puck possession minutes (Danault is third after Rads and Gallagher) and the highest retrieval of loose pucks along the boards. They complement each other really well on the cycle game and know each other well enough to anticipate what the other will do in those situations. They are the duo on this line, IMO, and not Pacioretty-Danault.

I wouldn't separate the two. They need a shooter to make this a line that is a scoring threat. I understand that Julien wants two lines that could score so, although this might seem reactionary to some, why not the following that could make the Rangers' defensive assignment a little more difficult:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher (Gallagher has good puck possession and there is a positive history from the tail end of last year)
Lehkonen - Danault - Radulov (Lehkonen is as legitimate a shooter as Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, IMO, to complement the other two)
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Martinsen - McCarron - Mitchell (speed, size and a little more O upside plus, McCarron as an option on the PP)

I know this will never happen but, one can dream of a solution to our scoring woes...

Galchenyuk with anyone isnt a good pairing at this point. Having poor Gallagher on a line with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty would just be a disaster. Both Pacioretty and Galchenyuk are guys who wait for things to happen and yes Gallagher is a guy who makes things happen. But to ask him to be that fire to light under their arses is asking too much IMO. 

The only one who can get Pacioretty going is Radulov and Pacioretty himself of course, its been the case all season. 

Honestly all we can do with Galchenyuk is to hope and pray. The way he is playing he shouldn't be in the lineup, but he is a guy who can still end up scoring out of nowhere a big goal. 

The only guy I would take out is King. How he remains in the lineup is as big a mystery as why Shaw is playing so little. I know Bergevin was super high on him when he traded for him, but he brings so little. Martinsen on the other hand was a physical presence when he was in the lineup at the very least and is a better skater. I would even have Flynn in before King.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 12:59 PM)bchippie Wrote: If anybody here didn't feel good for Desharnais scoring the OT winner in Edmonton yesterday, you're a dark dark person, Happy He also got an assist on the tying goal. Good for him.

No kidding.  It was time for him to move on but I'm happy for him.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 02:18 PM)labradorcongo Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 12:59 PM)bchippie Wrote: If anybody here didn't feel good for Desharnais scoring the OT winner in Edmonton yesterday, you're a dark dark person, Happy He also got an assist on the tying goal. Good for him.

Of course he would do it last night too Silly.

Good for Desharnais and good for the Oilers. Had Desharnais still been with us there is a good chance he wouldn't even be playing so it worked out well. He found a home on a very strong 4th line with the Oilers where he is contributing
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 02:25 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Good for Desharnais and good for the Oilers. Had Desharnais still been with us there is a good chance he wouldn't even be playing so it worked out well. He found a home on a very strong 4th line with the Oilers where he is contributing

Yes, Desharnais found a good home on the 4th line and Subban also found a good home as a second pairing D. Good for them both. Hoping Desharnais moves on to the second round like PK did.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 02:29 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 02:25 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Yes, Desharnais found a good home on the 4th line and Subban also found a good home as a second pairing D. Good for them both. Hoping Desharnais moves on to the second round like PK did.

I agree.
Thanks given by: