Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury update
We are probably overdue for a thread like this. 

Markov didn't accompany the team to Florida and won't be back for at least the next three games best case. Shaw didn't accompany the team either and the timeframe for his return is unknown. 

Galchenyuk and Desharnais were both on the ice for a skate
Thanks given by:
Not sure if it has been mentioned but Markov has a groin injury.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-27, 10:20 PM)tm123 Wrote: Not sure if it has been mentioned but Markov has a groin injury.

That's not good
Thanks given by:
No its not. But at least they haven't tried to rush him back. Those injuries take time.
Thanks given by:
At least, he's not a goaltender. They'd be signing his retirement papers if he was.
Thanks given by:
Most concerned about shaw. Has he had a concussion in the past? He was finally settled in and playing as was expected of him. Was on pace for a career season
Thanks given by:
Shaw was on skates in Montreal today...
Thanks given by:
Apparently, they're all being kept 'on ice' until they've healed Wink
Thanks given by:
Nikita Scherbak returns tonight from injury for the IceCaps....
Just thought some would like to know.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, thanks. Good news.
Thanks given by:
Shaw still out with a concussion and won't be on the next road trip.

Looking forward to when he is back against Boston and watching Kurt hide between Chara's legs
Thanks given by:
Desharnais and Galchenyuk are now on the ice with the conditioning coaches Vincent Roof-Racine and Pierre Allard.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-02, 01:42 PM)habling Wrote: Desharnais and Galchenyuk are now on the ice with the conditioning coaches Vincent Roof-Racine and Pierre Allard.

That's fantastic hopefully these injuries are close to 6 weeks than 8 because our offensive depth is really hurting at the moment. Though I do hope they find a way to keep McCarron on the roster as he's been doing quite well for himself
Thanks given by:
Markov not going on roadtrip. So his day to day injury is turning into 9 games off and counting. Hopw its not a day to day like Price was last year.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-02, 04:22 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Markov not going on roadtrip. So his day to day injury is turning into 9 games off and counting. Hopw its not a day to day like Price was last year.

Groin injury, never know, can be a couple days to a couple months.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-02, 03:53 PM)mada7 Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 01:42 PM)habling Wrote: Desharnais and Galchenyuk are now on the ice with the conditioning coaches Vincent Roof-Racine and Pierre Allard.

That's fantastic hopefully these injuries are close to 6 weeks than 8 because our offensive depth is really hurting at the moment. Though I do hope they find a way to keep McCarron on the roster as he's been doing quite well for himself

I think they will keep McCaron on the roster, even if it is in that dreaded 4th line role I didn't want him to get stereotyped into playing for the entirety of his career.

In the end, I don't mind anymore as I do believe it is the player's responsibility to get noticed and promoted higher up in the lineup. 

Therrien, like him or not, is the type of coach to promote a player that gives his all in a lesser role.
Thanks given by:
I don't dread 4th line duties at all for young players. If you are like 28 years old and put on the 4th, that's probably because you are viewed as such (Mitchell, Flynn). If you are a kid coming up from the farm team, it's simply a normal process to get used to the NHL speed and work on your play. As Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Byron showed, if you perform, you won't stay long on the 4th.
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
While this is true, Leb7, playing 5-6 minutes a night isn't really ideal for a youngster's development. The new NHL is a youngster's league, compared to when I was watching a dominant, Cup-winning Habs team while I was growing up. An offensive player being asked to concentrate solely (or mostly) on D-play for a paltry amount of minutes a game isn't necessarily the most confidence-building experience.

I view development of younger offensive players as a passage that should be done through a third line role where they face lesser opposition and are less likely to get burnt because of their lesser defensive acumen as they get used to the speed at the NHL level.

The danger with a big-bodied player like McCaron is that a coach might stereotype them in an energy role on a 4th line and not promote them, even if they play well. It,s a catch-22 of sorts, IMO. If you play well in a 4th line role, why promote you because you are providing quality minutes in your 4th line role.

It's no different than in many domains. If you are good at a job nobody wants, you might not get out of that rut and get stereotyped in that job, even though you could be great at another job in the same field.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Byron now could be added to the list. That would hurt
Thanks given by:
Markov is listed Day-to-day
Pateryn mid-Feb.
Galchenyuk and Desharnais are indefinite, but must be eyeing return by now...

Missed the Shaw update.
Thanks given by: