Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury update
Doesn't look good for Gallagher. Took a Weber shot off the hand.
Thanks given by:
Gallagher is headed back to Montreal.
He will not play in the land-o-leaf...
Thanks given by:
Seeing Gallagher's reaction I'd say his hand is going to be a mess. He was in a lot of pain

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If Gallagher didnt have bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all. I mean for a guy who works so hard on a nightly basis its rare not to see him get rewarded from time to time, but it has just been bad bounce after bad bounce after bad bounce and now this.

The moment it happened you knew it was bad. Gallagher is a guy who takes so much pain and so much punishment every game and always shakes it off. But you could see his reaction wasn't due to the pain he was feeling but likely the pain he knows he is going to feel likely missing the rest of the regular season if its the same injury as last time
Thanks given by:
Sure hope Shaw is ready to go Saturday...
Thanks given by:
Shcerbak blindsided and injured. So much for him a getting a chance with us.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/st-joh...-prospects
Thanks given by:
Medical update: Galchenyuk and Markov will both be joining the team in Toronto tonight and will be at practice tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 03:56 PM)habling Wrote: Medical update: Galchenyuk and Markov will both be joining the team in Toronto tonight and will be at practice tomorrow.

That is huge news. Getting two big offensive weapons back at this time would be a huge help especially down the middle as it lets everyone go back to their correct positions in the lineup and be a huge boon to our powerplay.
Thanks given by: habling
Yup, just awesome!!!
Galchenyuk back at #1 C....
Danault, Plekanec, Mitchell and McCarron....
Does McCarron move to the Wing?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 04:28 PM)habling Wrote: Yup, just awesome!!!
Galchenyuk back at #1 C....
Danault, Plekanec, Mitchell and McCarron....
Does McCarron move to the Wing?

There was zero mention that either player was expected to be in the lineup, just that they would be practicing with the team. Watch the colour jersey that they wear, if they even are in scrimmages.

"The prognosis for Galchenyuk had him out until later this month, so news of his return to practice is a positive step in his recovery." That's as close to news of Galchenyuk playing against TOR as you could get on the web. Nothing certain he will play from that...
Thanks given by:
Nothing certain obviously but a huge step in his recovery and a sign that it's looking more like 6 weeks than 8
Thanks given by:
With Scherback just being called by the Habs, it means that he's not injured. Good news.
Thanks given by:
Any news on Byron???
Thanks given by:
I read Chuck cleared for non contact practice. I can see Markov back in. But chuck has been out awhile and i would think he needs a few practices before he sees a game.

So altho this is awesone news. I doubt Chuck is playing Sat. But Markov would be great.

Sherbak and Ghetto called up

So that's Carr, McC, Farham, ghetto, Sherbak all from ahl team. Terry is he still up?

Put sherbak with Rad (I hope thwy dont play same side). Rad has taken Sherbak under his wing since the summer. Would be sweet to see him show Sherbak how its done in game.

My guess Sherbak is a scratch or plays 4th line lol
Thanks given by:
My guess, as I wrote elsewhere, is that Therrien doesn't listen to my proposal of uniting three players that know each other on the same line : Carr - McCaron - Scherbak.

Scherbak plays the same side as Radulov and I wouldn't mess with their heads by switching them positions. Maybe on the PP, if Scherbak has a good game in a more protected role.

Both Radulov and Scherbak ar Left-handed but, use the position of RW to exploit their shot off the rush, European style.

I guess either could play LW...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 06:35 PM)Scriptor Wrote: My guess, as I wrote elsewhere, is that Therrien doesn't listen to my proposal of uniting three players that know each other on the same line : Carr - McCaron - Scherbak.

Scherbak plays the same side as Radulov and I wouldn't mess with their heads by switching them positions. Maybe on the PP, if Scherbak has a good game in a more protected role.

Both Radulov and Scherbak ar Left-handed but, use the position of RW to exploit their shot off the rush, European style.

I like that line. They know each other from the AHL and no one would be shunted to a new position. PLus it keeps McCarron at centre where he's been most effective and is quite good in the faceoff circle.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 06:43 PM)mada7 Wrote:
(2017-01-05, 06:35 PM)Scriptor Wrote: My guess, as I wrote elsewhere, is that Therrien doesn't listen to my proposal of uniting three players that know each other on the same line : Carr - McCaron - Scherbak.

I like that line. They know each other from the AHL and no one would be shunted to a new position. PLus it keeps McCarron at centre where he's been most effective and is quite good in the faceoff circle.

That's always been my point about kid lines. Since they usually are familiar with each other from a lower level, they usually have chemistry. besides, they won't cater to a veteran out of awe and will usually play with more confidence in a comfortable role. After that, it's up to the coach to match them up, a much as possible with the other team's lines, so they aren't overexposed against the other team's best offensive players.

The idea of keeping McCarron at C seems to be the way MON is leaning. I'd rather groom him at C on a 3rd line with quality players, even if they are younger players, than as a 4th line C, they way it is looking so far.

Unless MON ends up playing McCarron as a 4th line C with minutes on the first PP wave as a presence in front of opposing Gs. He'd definitely be rested for those key minutes Happy
Thanks given by:
Galchenyuk is back practicing with the team, but not cleared for contact
Thanks given by:
And good means is met with very bad news, but expected.

Gallagher has a fracture to his left hand and will be out for a minimum of 8 weeks.

Its hard to remember a player with such bad luck on the ice. Just been a nightmarish season for him on the personal front
Thanks given by:
Apparently, not the same injured fingers as last injury, I suppose that's a positive. Well, time to go after Iginla now.

Sent from my T03 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: