Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury update
Looks like Markov and Galchenyuk won't accompany the team on their road trip this week
Thanks given by:
What for? Team wont be practicing and why get them back in the game with the stress of b2b road games.

Better they stay home and keep working with trainers here
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 12:47 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: What for? Team wont be practicing and why get them back in the game with the stress of b2b road games.

Better they stay home and keep working with trainers here

There was speculation that one or both of them could return for a game against Jets or Wild
Thanks given by:
I'd rather the team wait to play them. Make sure they are 100.01% ready rather than risk aggravating an old injury, especially a potentially chronic one in Markov's case.
Thanks given by:
The forgotten man.....
Charles Hudon resumed skating....
He had a light skate and will up the intensity in the upcoming days.
Thanks given by:
The hidden ace up Bergevin's sleeve? Hudon's days as an AHLer are nearing an end. IMO, he graduates to Montreal or is used as a trade chip at the deadline...
Thanks given by:
Plekanec is questionable for tonight and wasn't on the ice for the morning skate

Montoya in nets tonight
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 12:22 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Plekanec is questionable for tonight and wasn't on the ice for the morning skate

Montoya in nets tonight
Any idea why. He's actually been playing well in the last 2 games.

Sent from my T03 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 12:25 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 12:22 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Plekanec is questionable for tonight and wasn't on the ice for the morning skate

Montoya in nets tonight

Supposedly the flu. Not sure if the flu came from him playing well or him playing well came from having the flu
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 12:51 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Montoya in nets tonight

Supposedly the flu. Not sure if the flu came from him playing well or him playing well came from having the flu

Habling mentioned that he was questionable for last game because of illness, so I guess he must have some kind of bug. Against Toronto, I thought he was engaged. Last game vs. the Caps, his line was by far the best for us. I'm hoping for a big second half from him. We need him.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 12:58 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 12:51 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Montoya in nets tonight

Habling mentioned that he was questionable for last game because of illness, so I guess he must have some kind of bug. Against Toronto, I thought he was engaged. Last game vs. the Caps, his line was by far the best for us. I'm hoping for a big second half from him. We need him.

So maybe he is questionable for tonight's game because the effects of the flu are wearing off and the team is trying to keep him sick Silly

I agree he looked good the past two games and we certainly need him for the second half
Thanks given by:
If Galchenyuk had been back, I wouldn't have really cared, to be honest.

Galchenyuk
Danault
McCaron
Mitchell

I'd be happy with this C line.

With Galchenyuk still out, that C line now becomes horrible because Therrien will move veterans up the lineup:

Danault
Mitchell
Flynn
McCarron

Sounds like Montoya will need to be sharp because there might not be much Offense backing him up if WINN can counter the 1st line Sad
Thanks given by:
Pleks didn't take regular practice due to the flu. No word that he is actually out of the game for tonight

But Flynn skating in his spot

So our C can be:
Dan
Mitch
Flynn
MCC

Dear lord please stop with these injuries/sickness

Figures he gets sick when he started to play well.
Thanks given by:
Rather he sit out away from his team-mates than spread the sickness with all the injuries already depleting the lineup.

I really don't like that C line, especially against MINN in the second of the B2B games. Not that WINN is a cakewalk but, some teams you might be able to get away with a one-line roster more than against some other teams...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:08 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Rather he sit out away from his team-mates than spread the sickness with all the injuries already depleting the lineup.

I really don't like that C line, especially against MINN in the second of the B2B games. Not that WINN is a cakewalk but, some teams you might be able to get away with a one-line roster more than against some other teams...

Agree
Thanks given by:
With Farnham and Scherbak sent to St. John's......
It looks likely that we see 1 or 2 bodies return from injury.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-13, 04:49 AM)habling Wrote: With Farnham and Scherbak sent to St. John's......
It looks likely that we see 1 or 2 bodies return from injury.

I think just more ice time for Terry.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Galchenyuk and Shaw are in against the rangers and markov is close. At least that's what they said on TSN690

Thanks given by: habling
(2017-01-13, 12:25 PM)bchippie Wrote: Looks like Galchenyuk and Shaw are in against the rangers and markov is close. At least that's what they said on TSN690

Thats good news
Thanks given by:
That's fantastic news. For all the speculation about whats going to happen with the forward lines Im really curious about the defense pairings when Markov is healthy. You cant really demote Beaulieu with how well he's been playing lately but Markov isnt a 3rd pairing guy either.
Thanks given by: