Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interim report card
Maybe.   I'm just talking about this list and not much about prospects.  I don't pay much attention to them--no time for junior, and a player like Rodin doesn't even exist yet for me.

I was never as high on Virtanen as some--mainly because my party boy radar is pretty good. And the symptoms were there.

I understand our posters claims about meeting  and exceeding expectations, etc.     
There is some subjectivity involved, but most posting above make sense, seem reasonable.

Letter grades are now something else.  Especially when looking at the season as a whole.

I wouldn't give Miller an A--though certainly a high B range.   He's an A LATELY for sure.
I wouldn't give Markstrom a C--again taking the whole season so far into account.  He's in the B range as well.

Sbisa a bit lower,
Edler a bit higher

I guess it's what the grades mean and taking the whole season into account.  

Edler is a B+/ A- student who is not getting in all his assignments.  Silly   So he ticks down from there.

He can't be compared to a guy like Sbisa whose top ability is B-.   Sbisa perfect is B- to me.  

And I have never been that down on Sbisa.  

that's all I mean. If they're being evaluated against their individual standards-- Sbisa performing at a B- level is top for him--so he gets an A sort of thing, then there's nothing to say.
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-28, 03:48 PM)nicky Wrote: Maybe.   I'm just talking about this list and not much about prospects.  I don't pay much attention to them--no time for junior, and a player like Rodin doesn't even exist yet for me.

I was never as high on Virtanen as some--mainly because my party boy radar is pretty good. And the symptoms were there.

There is some subjectivity involved, but most posting above make sense, seem reasonable.

Letter grades are now something else.  Especially when looking at the season as a whole.

I wouldn't give Miller an A--though certainly a high B range.   He's an A LATELY for sure.
I wouldn't give Markstrom a C--again taking the whole season so far into account.  He's in the B range as well.

Sbisa a bit lower,
Edler a bit higher

Edler is a B+/ A- student who is not getting in all his assignments.  Silly   So he ticks down from there.

He can't be compared to a guy like Sbisa whose top ability is B-.   Sbisa perfect is B- to me.  

that's all I mean.  If they're being evaluated against their individual standards-- Sbisa performing at a B- level is top for him--so he gets an A sort of thing, then there's nothing to say.

Miller is currently the best goalie in the game. AND on a team that can't score for crap

Sbisa plays tough. Keeper.
 Edler playing better than 14 months ago. Not on my keeper list with Jolevi coming up
 Tanev has to stay healthy
  I hope Dorsett heals up good
 Tryamkin is a beast on blades, and he is going to get better. Wait until he learns what ' U got time' means

Boeser on the horizon. I believe this guy will be good
They need to hand the Captaincy to Bo Horvat, and do it today. He is the leader

Rodin has one point... bust
Erickson is an overpaid dud

I am not that crazy on Gaunce. How many goals? Last time I looked it was NONE, but maybe I missed something

I want to see GRENIER here. 6-5, 225 and top scorer in Utica, and  Joe Labate. He's a big guy  6-4, 220, with a mean streak. This team needs that. Desperately

I hope Virtanen is doing good things in Utica. Dunno about this guy, but I like that he hits guys

I like Pedan, but it looks like Jimmy made a bad trade here. Pedan should be here by now.. Can he play up front? Who moves from a D spot?
I take him over Biega, but Biega is one of those guys you don't notice, but when the game is over he is a plus one... and he has a ton of courage

Willing to wait on Demko
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-02, 12:33 AM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 03:48 PM)nicky Wrote: Maybe.   I'm just talking about this list and not much about prospects.  I don't pay much attention to them--no time for junior, and a player like Rodin doesn't even exist yet for me.

Sbisa a bit lower,
Edler a bit higher

that's all I mean.  If they're being evaluated against their individual standards-- Sbisa performing at a B- level is top for him--so he gets an A sort of thing, then there's nothing to say.

Miller is currently the best goalie in the game. AND on a team that can't score for crap

Sbisa plays tough. Keeper.
 Edler playing better than 14 months ago. Not on my keeper list with Jolevi coming up
 Tanev has to stay healthy
  I hope Dorsett heals up good
 Tryamkin is a beast on blades, and he is going to get better. Wait until he learns what ' U got time' means

Boeser on the horizon. I believe this guy will be good
They need to hand the Captaincy to Bo Horvat, and do it today. He is the leader

Rodin has one point... bust
Erickson is an overpaid dud

I am not that crazy on Gaunce. How many goals? Last time I looked it was NONE, but maybe I missed something

I want to see GRENIER here. 6-5, 225 and top scorer in Utica, and  Joe Labate. He's a big guy  6-4, 220, with a mean streak. This team needs that. Desperately

I hope Virtanen is doing good things in Utica. Dunno about this guy, but I like that he hits guys

I like Pedan, but it looks like Jimmy made a bad trade here. Pedan should be here by now.. Can he play up front? Who moves from a D spot?
I take him over Biega, but Biega is one of those guys you don't notice, but when the game is over he is a plus one... and he has a ton of courage

Willing to wait on Demko

Grenier doesn't have an NHL shot 'styx.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: