Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP Assigned to Bakersfield (Slep Recalled)
This will help the NHL hockey club at this point.

Slep deserves a call back up from his box cars and all accounts of his play.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure many are going to be of the opinion that this was long over-due and upset to do burning a year of his contract (that happened in October) and a year of accrued service towards UFA status (that happened just last week) but, lets not forget, JP is down now but there is every chance for him to get called back up later in the year if his play warrants it.
Thanks given by:
Also waiting for the posts re: Gus should be with him.

We can't just waive Gus and re-assign him without adding a tender to our roster - We have 6 more games before we go back to back again so there is a bit of time to figure that situation out.
Thanks given by:
Better late than never. Hopefully he finds some mojo
Thanks given by:
A few games too late but oh well. He's where he should be.
Thanks given by:
I'm glad he's willing to go to Bakersfield - he'd be making more money in Finland.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:32 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I'm glad he's willing to go to Bakersfield - he'd be making more money in Finland.

He'd be making more money but would not be learning to play the N.A. game.

A wise decision if his wish is to play in the NHL.

I hope this stint has the same effect on him as it did Draisaitl albeit in the AHL.

If this kid lives up to his potential, look out in the future should he be a fit on McDavid's line.

Scary!!!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if the Oilers kept him up for so long to line his pockets.

I have never been to Bakersfield or read anything about the city but, from what little I have heard, it is not a cheap city to live in.
Keeping him up for half a season and paying him an NHL salary will make living a bit easier.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:35 PM)Bandit Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 12:32 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I'm glad he's willing to go to Bakersfield - he'd be making more money in Finland.

I hope this stint has the same effect on him as it did Draisaitl albeit in the AHL.

If this kid lives up to his potential, look out in the future should he be a fit on McDavid's line.

Scary!!!

They just have to play him lots.  PP, 1st line or 2nd.  Kid needs to put 10-15 lbs of muscle on and he will be scary. He does not even turn 19 until May.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:40 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I wonder if the Oilers kept him up for so long to line his pockets.

I have never been to Bakersfield or read anything about the city but, from what little I have heard, it is not a cheap city to live in.
Keeping him up for half a season and paying him an NHL salary will make living a bit easier.

Bakersfield is kind of a shithole LOL,, lots of Red Necks .

I heard he was kept up here to try and assimilate him more to learning English and  learning the NA way.  I also heard that with Paks about to come back and be sent to the minors he will have someone to speak his native tongue. Also the coach wanted him here with the lack of RW depth. ( Reported on a few shows by the talking hockey heads)
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:40 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I wonder if the Oilers kept him up for so long to line his pockets.

I don't think that is really much of a factor - his AHL salary is $70K plus he got a signing bonus of just under $100K a little while ago. He's by no means rich but he can afford to live especially given the per diem and meals, etc. payed for.

I think it had more to do with the fact that they wanted to keep him close while he learnt the language and adapted to the lifestyle, etc.

I think Pakarinen will be activated and sent down shortly.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:42 PM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 12:35 PM)Bandit Wrote:

Scary!!!

They just have to play him lots.  PP, 1st line or 2nd.  Kid needs to put 10-15 lbs of muscle on and he will be scary. He does not even turn 19 until May.

Ya, he'll play lots but with Lander and Slep up on the big club, there isn't much offensive talent to play with.

I guess he'll play with JJ and Beck - although both he and Beck are right wingers.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully they send Caggiula down and the two can play and grow together.
Thanks given by:
Spec is reporting that they will likely call up LB once Gus clears and a claim on Curtis M. is unlikely.

It seems to me they are also concerned with the 50 contract limit and/or want to see how LB has progressed - he was very good for the first few months of the season this year.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of sending JP to the minors. I don't think he has played badly up here, that said, his game does need some seasoning and frankly I feel that him playing bigger minutes on one of the top lines in Bakersfield is better than the limited minutes that he is getting here.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
Hang on Sleppy

Sleppy hang on
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 04:32 PM)Widowmaker Wrote: I like the idea of sending JP to the minors. I don't think he has played badly up here, that said, his game does need some seasoning and frankly I feel that him playing bigger minutes on one of the top lines in Bakersfield is better than the limited minutes that he is getting here.

We did it with LD and he came back a new man.

Hopefully JP can get some meaningful development

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#WelcomeBackConnor

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Thanks given by:
Lets not forget, Drai was in the AHL just last season

Look how dominant he is now.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 07:44 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Lets not forget, Drai was in the AHL just last season

Look how dominant he is now.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#WelcomeBackConnor

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Thanks given by:
There's nothing wrong with sending a kid back down. Obviously Drai is the perfect example - going down to Kelowna was huge for his development.

Thanks to his stint in the NHL, he knew what he had to improve. And his coaches knew what he had to improve. And boy, did he ever.

Poolparty is going to get the opportunity to do the same. Hopefully he takes it the same way Drai did.
Thanks given by: